Omega Event Megathread ** DEV COMMENT**

Replies

• LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    ChefHaze wrote: »
    Omegas are end game content. Why does it surprise people that they're meant for players near the end.

Omega is literally, the last letter of the Greek alphabet.
    Symbolic for last.
    As in, not for someone just now getting into the upper lvls.
    In all games, there's always better stuff the higher you go. That's the whole point of why you want to level up.

This.
    {RotE}
  • Greg1920 wrote: »
    So after some digging

Courasant was the Tuesday challange

Tuesday
    sidious
    jedi consular
    hk47
    eeth koth
    nightsister initiate
    anakin
    datcha
    old ben
    first order trooper
    greedo
    tusken raider

This assumes the same toon requirements which is not certain

Event only runs during the weekend. If anything we would need Friday Saturday Sunday toons not Tuesday
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    So after some digging

Tuesday
    sidious
    jedi consular
    hk47
    eeth koth
    nightsister initiate
    anakin
    datcha
    old ben
    first order trooper
    greedo
    tusken raider

Event only runs during the weekend. If anything we would need Friday Saturday Sunday toons not Tuesday

I'm assuming the name of the particular challange is significant rather than the day.
  • StarSon
    7387 posts Member
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    So after some digging

Tuesday
    sidious
    jedi consular
    hk47
    eeth koth
    nightsister initiate
    anakin
    datcha
    old ben
    first order trooper
    greedo
    tusken raider

It actually stands to reason that we need the lists from the themes, not the days. They were more likely to tie the list to a theme than a day. It just so happens that for this weekend they picked Coruscant and Bespin. Whether the list is the same or not will not be known until Saturday, probably after several restarts causing lost arena matches.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I think I'm right that it goes by planet not day but here are all the other previous groupings

The character list is as follows:

Monday

dooku
    lumi
    fives
    reistance trooper
    nightsister acolyte
    asohka
    coruscant underworld police
    jawa
    veers
    nute gunray
    hoth rebel scout

Tuesday

sidious
    jedi consular
    hk47
    eeth koth
    nightsister initiate
    anakin
    datcha
    old ben
    first order trooper
    greedo
    tusken raider

Wednesday

phasma
    daka
    ig86
    vader
    rey
    biggs
    ewok scout
    ima gundi
    grand moff tarkin
    resistance pilot
    storm trooper

Thursday

kylo ren
    barris
    genosian soldier
    savage
    han
    boba fett
    royal guard
    grievous
    plokoon
    rex
    hoth rebel soldier

Friday

QGJ
    ewok elder
    ig88
    mace windu
    clone sergeant
    cad bane
    finn
    darth maul
    uror
    ugnaught
    yoda

Saturday

chewbacca
    poe
    tusken shaman
    luke
    lando
    chirpa
    first order officer
    leia
    jedi knight guardian
    lobot
    magnaguard

Sunday

Asaj
    Ackbar
    talia
    poggle
    aayla
    teebo
    first order tier pilot
    kit fisto
    magma trooper
    snow trooper
    mob enforcer
  • Ugh. I remember the 1st time around it was incredibly easy. Did we have squads of 5? or was it 3?

If it's 5 and set for level 78 and a limited set of characters, I and many others are gonna have major issues.

Which of course means that this board will have major issues about 10 minutes after the update goes live :)
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Before was 3 3 star and could be soloed by any levelled toon.
  • gbshow
    89 posts Member
    KeyMan64x wrote: »
    I'm just saving my credits until the event just in case the events are character specific.

I'm a planner. I don't like surprises. My wife threw me a surprise party once. I miss her.

haha that made me laugh
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Ugh. I remember the 1st time around it was incredibly easy. Did we have squads of 5? or was it 3?

If it's 5 and set for level 78 and a limited set of characters, I and many others are gonna have major issues.

Which of course means that this board will have major issues about 10 minutes after the update goes live :)
    Yep, it's another event being re-tuned for the people who started in November and another huge middle finger to newer players. Completely ridiculous behaviour that will destroy this game.
  • hhooo wrote: »
    Ugh. I remember the 1st time around it was incredibly easy. Did we have squads of 5? or was it 3?

Yep, it's another event being re-tuned for the people who started in November and another huge middle finger to newer players. Completely ridiculous behaviour that will destroy this game.

So if its three like last time will they let you battle with say a 7* and two 5*'s or is there a cut off
  • ObranVox
    134 posts Member
    Prediction- since no one has a full 7 star group of those random characters, it will be the yoda event all over again and the forum will explode.

Also, I bet Rey gets the Fives treatment next month and the same thing will happen.

• r2steve2
    189 posts Member
    ObranVox wrote: »
    Prediction- since no one has a full 7 star group of those random characters, it will be the yoda event all over again and the forum will explode.

Also, I bet Rey gets the Fives treatment next month and the same thing will happen.

Rey isnt bugged, so i doubt it.
    Hodor
  • ObranVox wrote: »

Thats not true. Lots of people have 75+ 7* characters
  • MalPetra
    140 posts Member
    Guys... If you're lower than Lvl 78.. What's the point in getting Omega's? You can't use them?!? Plus... It's not started yet, so we have no idea what is coming, we can only guess.. I'm quite looking forward to it as it looks like ther are 2 opportunities to gain Omega's!
    I for one am trying to be optimistic about this event, it's something extra to do, maybe wait until it's actually started... You may be pleasantly surprised... Or proven right! :o)
  • Hey everyone, here are the locations and the character requirements for each of the Omega Battles:

May 21-22
    Bespin : Rebels and Geonosian
    Coruscant : Empire and Ewoks

May 28-29
    Dathomir : Jedi and Tusken
    Hoth : Sith and Droids

June 4-5
    Jakku : First Order and Jawas
    Imperial Fleet : Resistance and Clones
    Lead Game Designer (Live), Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes
  • Which of course means that this board will have major issues about 10 minutes after the update goes live :)

Going to be hilarious. Makes me kind of sad I'll be running a game of Letters From Whitechapel on Saturday.
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Hey everyone, here are the locations and the character requirements for each of the Omega Battles:

May 21-22

May 28-29

June 4-5

So scoundrels are void?
  • DJJ
    367 posts Member
    Hey everyone, here are the locations and the character requirements for each of the Omega Battles:

May 21-22

May 28-29

June 4-5

Interesting. Do we need 5 or 3?
  • Hey everyone, here are the locations and the character requirements for each of the Omega Battles:

May 21-22

May 28-29

June 4-5

Jawas but no Night sisters. Great planning!!
  • Samantha
    345 posts Member
    hhooo wrote: »

To be honest, newer players don't need this event. Can't use them till you have level 76 characters, and for newer people they can't have many. I've been playing since November, have 20 7* and only 5 are above level 76.

The Devs are making it clear they want full teams leveled up together, as opposed to 5 at a time.
  • Yoda event forum hilarity revisited in a few days
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    DJJ wrote: »

May 21-22

May 28-29

June 4-5

Interesting. Do we need 5 or 3?

And is there a star or level requirement to attempt
  • norskimo
    32 posts Member

May 21-22

May 28-29

June 4-5

Thanks, @CG_NotReallyAJedi ! Any insight into star/level requirements for characters?
  • Yoda event forum hilarity revisited in a few days

Right:). Cant wait. Im still unclear though. If we only need three from those groups to compete and since most mid- long players might get one 7* and maybe a 5* or two cant we still do ok against higher team ai?
  • aGlint
    54 posts Member
    What about player level? Has that been shared yet?
  • CyciumX
    83 posts Member
    MalPetra wrote: »
    Guys... If you're lower than Lvl 78.. What's the point in getting Omega's? You can't use them?!?

False. Some can use them prior to level 78 and some only have a cost of 3. Not all are 78+ and 5 omegas for an upgrade.
  • all the whinning again...... c'mon most complaints are not even justified
    you wanna grow as fast as those who started in November ? then keep grinding the game for an extras 4 months and you will be at the same place. 6 months of grinding and time consuming to get the Omegas and the newly players want it all right now ?? where it is fair ?
  • X0160768
    223 posts Member
    What * lvl?
  • Aero wrote: »

May 21-22

May 28-29

June 4-5

So scoundrels are void?

+infinity