Odds Asajj is "fixed" in the update?

TK421
19 posts Member
edited January 2016
I just got Asajj up to 6*. She was close already due to chromium purchases so I figured I would get her to 6. Now I'm wondering if I spend 10 days getting her to seven or focus on someone else, like Han or HK. I have HK at 4* and I do not have Han at all.

At this point being a little too slow and having a glitchy second ability I do not use her for PVP at all. She is okay in GW to clear Chewie taunts, but even there it is really inconsistent. I'm honestly not sure whether her second ability is supposed to be a group heal - sort of an anti Lobot - or if she is only supposed to heal herself. If it's the former and they make it work consistently she could be great in PVP. A good way to allow you to focus down Old Ben then clear his massive group buff. Trying that now, however, would likely be suicide.

Thoughts?

Replies

• Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    What is broken about her?
  • TK421
    19 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Benr3600 wrote: »
    What is broken about her?

Her second ability is glitchy. It is worded as a self heal, but sometimes it does a group heal and other times it does nothing at all. This is under the "known issues," so the devs are likely going to do something to her. Whether that turns out to make her better or worse is what I'm asking people to speculate on.

Post edited by TK421 on
  • theyll probably fix it so it debuffs everything and heals herself only. shes a beast on offense if you know how to use her. the AI plays her like an **** so people underestimate hew power.
  • I would hope they'd fix the issue being that's it's a known issue. She's also a pretty popular pick for many teams. Finally, they don't want to have another nerf issue where they need to compensate people who opened and upgraded her and then not get what they in essence spent money developing...
  • She's supposed to be the only hero with five abilities, but with this one bugged she may as well only have four. It's almost never useful at level 60, it did help me a lot from level 40-50 though when everyone ran Chewie.

I hope they fix it so it isn't resisted 75% of the time. It's such a waste of a move now. I'd rather kill a Chewbacca in a few moves than dispel his taunt.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • But these days Sid block heal ability is also always resisted by many character
    The most reliable one I experienced is five's slow down ability
  • Falen_Lacer
    87 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I use Asajj in all of my main teams, and they seem to have done a stealth server update that fixed some parts of her buff removal, while breaking others.

I've seen her remove just about every Buff now (Defense Up, Offense Up, Stealth, Advantage, to name a few that can be removed now that couldn't before) however it appears to never remove two buffs even though I leveled it up enought for it to.

It also doesn't appear to take the "for each buff removed" part into consideration for the heal, since I removed 5 buffs once and it only healed for a few hundred HP.
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Miss_Doll wrote: »
    But these days Sid block heal ability is also always resisted by many character
    The most reliable one I experienced is five's slow down ability

But that is an attack with an additional heal immunity. If you were comparing it to Sidious it would be like if he had an attack that ONLY inflicted heal immunity then was resisted lots.

For an already very slow hero wasting a turn isn't an option anymore.
    I use Asajj in all of my main teams, and they seem to have done a stealth server update that fixed some parts of her buff removal, while breaking others.

I've seen her remove just about every Buff now (Defense Up, Offense Up, Stealth, Advantage, to name a few that can be removed now that couldn't before) however it appears to never remove two buffs even though I leveled it up enought for it to.

It also doesn't appear to take the "for each buff removed" part into consideration for the heal, since I removed 5 buffs once and it only healed for a few hundred HP.

Awesome! I had no idea it works on defense up now. It actually may be worthwhile more often now, if it works.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    TK421 wrote: »
    I just got Asajj up to 6*. She was close already due to chromium purchases so I figured I would get her to 6. Now I'm wondering if I spend 10 days getting her to seven or focus on someone else, like Han or HK. I have HK at 4* and I do not have Han at all.

At this point being a little too slow and having a glitchy second ability I do not use her for PVP at all. She is okay in GW to clear Chewie taunts, but even there it is really inconsistent. I'm honestly not sure whether her second ability is supposed to be a group heal - sort of an anti Lobot - or if she is only supposed to heal herself. If it's the former and they make it work consistently she could be great in PVP. A good way to allow you to focus down Old Ben then clear his massive group buff. Trying that now, however, would likely be suicide.

Thoughts?

Why do you want to remove taunts (or any other buff) from GW? A retreat works like a charm there
  • TK421
    19 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Triqui wrote: »
    TK421 wrote: »

Thoughts?

Why do you want to remove taunts (or any other buff) from GW? A retreat works like a charm there

I use it on low level battles. I usually only retreat in the first 4-5 battles when I'm trying to refresh cool downs. I kill four of five characters, retreat, and then come back with just Barris and Luminara to make sure I have heals ready for the next battle. I do not even use Asajj in later GW because she is too slow and unreliable.

I have tried to remove a defense up so many times on DS battles and it has never worked! In fact I was going to ask whether defense up could be removed in the "ask a dev" thread, because Qui Gon has never removed one either.

• I did notice one buff today that I can't remove and it doesn't show up as resisted; Kylo Ren's Counterattack buff, which is rather annoying.
  • I'm laughing as I read this thread because just the other day I was using her for something and everytime I used her special she would actually BUFF the opposing character (nice green square over their head). I don't remember the exact buff but it was weird. I kept asking myself 'is she supposed to do that?'

I guess this thread answers it!
  • I'm laughing as I read this thread because just the other day I was using her for something and everytime I used her special she would actually BUFF the opposing character (nice green square over their head). I don't remember the exact buff but it was weird. I kept asking myself 'is she supposed to do that?'

I guess this thread answers it!
    Sounds like they had Dooku as leader, and they were dodging the debuff. Personally I hate that interaction but it does exist.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    I've been an Asajj fan for a very long time, using her back early after hard launch when everyone acted as if Barriss was the only member of the "Heroine Pack". And I'm close to getting her to 6*. But I am starting to really lose patience with her due to her bugs and slowness, and wondering if I made a mistake with her.
    I really hope they fix her properly. She is super slow and so she needs her abilities to function correctly.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Yeah, I've just gotten her 7* so I know what you mean. It would be nice if they fixed her stuff.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    I've been an Asajj fan for a very long time, using her back early after hard launch when everyone acted as if Barriss was the only member of the "Heroine Pack". And I'm close to getting her to 6*. But I am starting to really lose patience with her due to her bugs and slowness, and wondering if I made a mistake with her.
    I really hope they fix her properly. She is super slow and so she needs her abilities to function correctly.

It was so silly how they called it the 'Bariss pack' instead of the Heroine pack. Bariss got nerfed, but Asajj and Ahsoka both got buffed, so it actually all evened out.
  • Eaywen
    422 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »

It was so silly how they called it the 'Bariss pack' instead of the Heroine pack. Bariss got nerfed, but Asajj and Ahsoka both got buffed, so it actually all evened out.

No... it did not...
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member

How often do you encounter Asajj in Arena or even GW? There's one team in Arena on my shard that uses her, and on average I see her once per 12-run GW fight. If she's so buffed, nobody seems to have noticed.
    Even I am not using her at present. I miss using her, but she's simply not good enough right now.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar wrote: »

How often do you encounter Asajj in Arena or even GW? There's one team in Arena on my shard that uses her, and on average I see her once per 12-run GW fight. If she's so buffed, nobody seems to have noticed.
    Even I am not using her at present. I miss using her, but she's simply not good enough right now.
    I use her at 7*, max gear, almost max skill levels (darn lvl 3 mats) and lvl 58. She hits decently, but nothign compared to attackers like Leia / FOTP / Rey / etc, but that is hindered by her godawful speed. Even when she is the Leader her speed is slower than average.

I definitely couldn't say I'd recommend her, though I believe she is decent enough. Sid's 100% 3 turn heal immunity coupled with his great speed and good leader ability are just a -lot- more compelling. And then he also gets great dodge against Jedi as cherry on top.