A Team Instinct Special: Speed and You!

Prev13
Naecabon
1243 posts Member
edited January 2016
Ever wonder how Speed works in Galaxy of Heroes? Want to learn everything there is to know about the Turn Meter?

Well, here you go!

http://www.teaminstinct.net/speed-and-you-a-team-instinct-special/

This article covers a topic not many fully understand. People asked what we could provide as constructive content, and we accepted the challenge. Voila!

We hope you enjoy it guys. Have fun!

- Team [iN]
Post edited by Naecabon on

Replies

• Why not just make a guide in the forum? No one wants to go to that site.
  • Looks like you will be without the info then Elyndria ;)
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    We just offered you a very in depth guide that answers some pretty important questions, and it requires nothing of you but to click on a link and read it. I think you can take a few seconds to go check it out. If the content bothers you, I apologize!
  • Rheen
    269 posts Member
    Elyndria wrote: »
    Why not just make a guide in the forum? No one wants to go to that site.

Good question. On our site we can better format the articles to contain all of the necessary images, graphics, links, etc to give the reader the best experience possible.

While the EA forums are a great place to discuss, sometimes for detailed articles like this one, having the additional options from self-hosting make it a better option.

Thanks for your comment, and sorry for any inconvenience the extra click may cause.

Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • Someone from your "team" already posted a guide in the designated guide section of the official forum.

Are you sure you're not just looking for traffic to your website? ;)
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    I believe Ewok's guide in that forum was a different topic entirely. We plan on putting out more than just one guide, for sure! I love to write! I'll write about all the things! ALL THE THINGS!

But no seriously, two completely different guides.
  • My guide in the guide section is about how to choose people for arena on a high level, very different. Trust me this guide took a lot....of time and work. Maybe more so then anything team instinct has ever done on the forums. I highly highly recommend you read it. Just trust me this once, it is totally worth the extra click.
  • Great guide! Thanks. Elyndria you just have sour grapes. And I'm not even a member.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    That was actually quite informative. (Sorry, didn't mean for that to sound so surprised. :p ) Some of it is pretty obvious, but I definitely learned some new things. Thanks for the *In*sight.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Rolf wrote: »
    That was actually quite informative. (Sorry, didn't mean for that to sound so surprised. :p ) Some of it is pretty obvious, but I definitely learned some new things. Thanks for the *In*sight.

Yeah the experienced player will already understand some of the basic stuff, like Taunting being important (duh) but I wanted it to be an article anyone could read regardless of play skill, you know? So I figured I'd throw stuff like that in to flesh it out and give it some meat.

Besides, I kind of chuckle when I re-read it. A lot of people will get halfway through it ready to fall asleep because we don't bother offering you the sudden gutpunch of info you may not know about until about that far in ;)
  • Rolf wrote: »

rqTKBCi.jpg
  • ZarAzi
    249 posts Member
    Great read! Good job on that post! Thanks guys :)
  • Bravo! I suspected it was something like this but am too new and lazy to have done the math. Thanks for all the hard work and research!
  • Nice work guys!
    134-693-359 Full but accepting lvl 70 only

dj
  • Appreciate it. Glad you decided to help the community instead of fighting it.
  • Naecabon wrote: »
    Ever wonder how Speed works in Galaxy of Heroes? Want to learn everything there is to know about the Turn Meter?

Well, here you go!

http://www.teaminstinct.net/speed-and-you-a-team-instinct-special/

This article covers a topic not many fully understand. People asked what we could provide as constructive content, and we accepted the challenge. Voila!

We hope you enjoy it guys. Have fun!

- Team [iN]

@Naecabon

Now a great read and helped me so kudos to everyone that has put in the effort, the layout to your website looks slick as well, a bit dark for my taste but good work regardless.

Tho I have few points regarding your guide now that I've learnt about 1000 Turn meter. Your hypothetical situation regarding Dooku is a tad misleading as Dooku also generates turn meter from the extra attacks and counters, so by the time of turn 7 it is unlikely that both Dooku and Leia would have similar turn meters. Also these points have nothing to do with the image that is clearly put in there to show how turn meters would look even though it is at turn 1.

Perhaps a better example would actually could have been Sid?
  • If you don't mind @Naecabon I have a question, from the screen shots provided, you've managed to illustrate how turn meter gain and the argument of who goes first in the arena quite well.

As for the normal battles, would you say that it's a similar turn meter system as galactic war? For instance if I were to do a challange or a mission and I only deploy 2 toons, let's say Finn and CT 5s. Would the same turn meter gain formula still be applied here? And if not then would it be safe to assume that this game has 2 different formulas programmed into the game for specific procs?
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    @Heronmar

The images are Turn 7, not Turn 1. I think you should try re-reading it to better understand what "Turn" means in this scenario. ;)

Dooku never makes an attack before Turn 7, his very first action is made once he reached 1085/1000 turn meter on Turn 7. Each Turn is a process of Dooku filling his bar 155 out of 1000. So it takes 7 full Turns to reach 1085 and fill his bar, and he then takes his first action.

Starting to get it?
  • ZarAzi wrote: »
    If you don't mind @Naecabon I have a question, from the screen shots provided, you've managed to illustrate how turn meter gain and the argument of who goes first in the arena quite well.

As for the normal battles, would you say that it's a similar turn meter system as galactic war? For instance if I were to do a challange or a mission and I only deploy 2 toons, let's say Finn and CT 5s. Would the same turn meter gain formula still be applied here? And if not then would it be safe to assume that this game has 2 different formulas programmed into the game for specific procs?

Yes, the Turn Meter follows the same pattern always. The ONLY difference in GW we've noticed is that the game treats it differently re: Leader Speed Bonuses. Since each round of GW is a "continuation" and not a "new fight" so to speak, they are allowed to use their Speed Bonuses right away on any fight after the first.

Otherwise, -all- battles use the Turn Meter system highlighted in our article.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Nice work, thank you.
    Terminology-wise you might find it easier to call a "round" what you are now calling a "turn". Most people hear "turn" and think that means a character's action.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • @Naecabon unless ofc one retreats from the battle and the battle then "restarts" right? :)
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Nice work, thank you.
    Terminology-wise you might find it easier to call a "round" what you are now calling a "turn". Most people hear "turn" and think that means a character's action.

Good point! This is kind of a case of clinging to terminology due to repetition of saying it so many times amongst yourselves, I think. But yes, upon reflection a "round" does make sense, and then "turn" associated with the actual actions.

Saying "Dooku takes Turn 1 after 7 Rounds of Turn Meter fills" certainly causes less confusion ;) You win!

Maybe I'll try to ninja edit the whole **** thing...
  • ZarAzi wrote: »
    @Naecabon unless ofc one retreats from the battle and the battle then "restarts" right? :)

I admit I have not experimented with this enough! I suppose you will have to take all of the information we have given you today and start running experiments yourself ;)

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Naecabon wrote: »
    You win!
    Thanks! PM me for my email address where you can send the Google Play credits. I know you guys have lots of cash. :D
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    You win!
    Thanks! PM me for my email address where you can send the Google Play credits. I know you guys have lots of cash. :D

I actually lol'd
  • Naecabon wrote: »
    @Heronmar

The images are Turn 7, not Turn 1. I think you should try re-reading it to better understand what "Turn" means in this scenario. ;)

Dooku never makes an attack before Turn 7, his very first action is made once he reached 1085/1000 turn meter on Turn 7. Each Turn is a process of Dooku filling his bar 155 out of 1000. So it takes 7 full Turns to reach 1085 and fill his bar, and he then takes his first action.

Starting to get it?

@Naecabon

Apparently I did misread it or at the very least did not understand it the first time around thanks for clearing that one. Well after learning this information I'll have to make few adjustments regarding squads but I'm going to ask one more question(s),

Now do multi-attacks, Phasma's assist/IG86/Geo etc. are considered as 1 turn, or 2 turns? The second part of the question is how about Dooku, his counters generate turn meter yes but are they also counted as turns, and lastly do Dooku's bonus attacks are also counted as turns?

The use of term 'turn' is in regards to your identical not taking an action.
  • ZarAzi
    249 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    ZarAzi wrote: »
    @Naecabon unless ofc one retreats from the battle and the battle then "restarts" right? :)

I admit I have not experimented with this enough! I suppose you will have to take all of the information we have given you today and start running experiments yourself ;)

True. It's exciting cause I'll be more observant of my toons now and not just in the case of arena fights.. I will definitely need some getting used too and a lil bit of experimentation *insert gif of Phoebe saying "That is brand new information" * and perhaps I'll even keep you posted on my findings too. :)
  • Dark
    199 posts Member
    Great Guide, just a quick question, If Poogle (142 speed) buffs IG-86 and IG-88 in turn 8 (116 and 118 speed value respectively), the speed bonus gain is for turn 8 or 9? because I saw them attack before Sidious (142 speed).
    Ally Code: 859-197-534
  • A Speed Buff increases the Speed stat and this presumably is not applied until the following Turn/Round of Turn Meter fills. They would be filling their Turn Meter at an increased rate in Round 9 as a result of the buff.

My best advice when it comes to figuring out why someone attacks before someone else is to consider other factors. Do you know for sure that the Sidious you were facing was a maxed out 142 speed Sidious? Sometimes the presumption you're facing a fully geared guy can be a misconception.

Otherwise, I don't know what to say! Sidious should always go before those droids. I'd re-try the match a few times just to ensure you aren't remembering it incorrectly!
  • Great guide guys lots of good info. Thanks for sharing it with us.
This discussion has been closed.