To show the other side of chromium packs once

Triple_S
18 posts Member
edited January 2016
So I've seen many good pulls from chromium packs in this forum, but to show everyone how the reality looks like I'm postimg my second F2P pull, which, guess what, gave me nothing but shards, the last one is actually a full character, but since I already had him, it was converted to shards! My first pull ever has actually been the same, shards, nothing but shards!
To all reading this: This is the reality, not 5 or more free new characters!!!

7q8flhff.png

Replies

• That's a lot better than some of my pulls, lol. Where did you see or read it was 5 or more free characters? Pulls I have seen usually only get a single character unlock, it's rare and more a happy bonus if you see more (have seen 4 character unlocks a few times).
  • I've already seen pulls with 5 new characters in this forum.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    And unless they have corrected the bug, you probably only ended up with 10 shards of QGJ instead of 20.

That's why I have been avoiding the 8x pull recently.
  • Seems like the bug with double pulls has been fixed, I got all 20 shards of QGJ.
  • ThalosKirano
    728 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Thank you! It gets boring seeing all the "I've opened hundreds of packs and got nothing but I won't tell you about those, I'll just show you the 1% where I got something" threads.

You think yours was bad, here's mine

J2okehd.jpg
  • Ok, yours is pretty bad too, I don't know how useful the shards on my pull are, I actually like the Daka and QGJ shards, but since you can't farm QGJ and I don't plan to spend money, I can't star him up in near future, so he's a nice to have, but not very useful. I actually don't know much about the other ones, I never thaought about different strategies, I just like to play a bit, so I don't know how useful the rest is.
  • Lol, if this is turning into worst pulls ever, I'm in!

Here's some since I started playing:

This actually was my last pack and I haven't opened one since...
    SXVD3Tb.jpg

This was also is a gem from around when I first started.
    qkU5E9B.jpg

Probably the best actually of the 3 since it does have Leia and Fives shards, but 'dem Ugnaughts...
    0bScGnu.jpg

All 3 had more than 1 full unlock too... I guess that's the glass half full argument, haha.
  • Rumba
    63 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    @Triple_S

To pull a character is just about luck. Probability is there:
    3KBkDLJ.jpg
    swgohcantina.com/is-it-worth-it-to-spend-money-on-the-chromium-data-cards/
    Those are the results of opening 280 chronium packs

My experience is "good", I bought first 8xChronium pack (with the crystals I had saved) and got 3 star IG-88 + 10xMaul shards.

After that I decided to pay for the 2800 crystal pack to get another 8xChronium, and I pull a full Maul and Ewok elder:

9Sqk7ca.jpg

See this post https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/38574#Comment_38574

It's alll about probability, and the chances are there mate.

Just enjoy the game :)
  • Those with the exception of the Maul roll are typical. About as exciting as Bantha poodoo
  • I actually got a 3 character pull from a 8 pack I got from saving up gems from arena wins and I pulled QGJ, Lando, and Cad Bane so it wasn't bad at all. Shards were for characters I wanted to promote too so that was a bonus.
    Member of The New Rebellion
  • I got 4* Maul out of my first pull. 2* Leia. That's it. Couple pulls later and nothing notable.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Then once those sweet 4* toons are unlocked, what do people plan on doing with them? Since they can't be progressed without an extreme amount of money.....

That's one of my biggest hang ups about the chromium lottery. The chromium exclusive toons are almost useless without the ability or insane desire to go full in on them.
  • Sorry guys. Hopefully your luck will get better.
  • Telaan wrote: »
    Then once those sweet 4* toons are unlocked, what do people plan on doing with them? Since they can't be progressed without an extreme amount of money.....

That's one of my biggest hang ups about the chromium lottery. The chromium exclusive toons are almost useless without the ability or insane desire to go full in on them.

You can buy chronium packs just by saving crystals, just use the force and promote with shards xD
  • If I showed you what I pulled in my first 8 pack you'd cry for me.
  • seems like you would have better luck on single chromium cards for the money, looks like the 8x has a bundled drop rate. Maybe if we could cross reference this with 8 single chromium drops from multiple people we could see the differences if any.
  • Camalus wrote: »
    seems like you would have better luck on single chromium cards for the money, looks like the 8x has a bundled drop rate. Maybe if we could cross reference this with 8 single chromium drops from multiple people we could see the differences if any.

8x is a guaranteed character though.
  • Rumba wrote: »
    @Triple_S

3KBkDLJ.jpg

My experience is "good", I bought first 8xChronium pack (with the crystals I had saved) and got 3 star IG-88 + 10xMaul shards.

After that I decided to pay for the 2800 crystal pack to get another 8xChronium, and I pull a full Maul and Ewok elder:

9Sqk7ca.jpg

See this post https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/38574#Comment_38574

There is a flaw. Your 8th Pull IN An 8 Pull Is guaranteed to be a full character pull. So.. yeah. The math is actually even worse.
  • Eaywen wrote: »
    Rumba wrote: »
    @Triple_S

3KBkDLJ.jpg

9Sqk7ca.jpg

There is a flaw. Your 8th Pull IN An 8 Pull Is guaranteed to be a full character pull. So.. yeah. The math is actually even worse.

Is there any source for that guarantee?
  • I only buy the single packs, I'm impatient there's no way I could go on days waiting once I see I have enough to make a pull lol (f2p btw). My first pack I got a 4 star grand moff tarkin (I like him, he's super useful rn but worried his shards aren't farm able for future play) and I thought that's kind of what to expect, but since then I've only gotten shards, except my luke Skywalker pull, which still sort of dissapointed me because I was 2 shards from unlocking him already. Still let me promote him quick I guess..

Anyway have had plenty of ewok shards and royal guard shards lol.. just gotta wait for the luck