A Team Instinct Special: Speed and You!

Replies

• Heronmar wrote: »
    Naecabon wrote: »
    @Heronmar

The images are Turn 7, not Turn 1. I think you should try re-reading it to better understand what "Turn" means in this scenario. ;)

Dooku never makes an attack before Turn 7, his very first action is made once he reached 1085/1000 turn meter on Turn 7. Each Turn is a process of Dooku filling his bar 155 out of 1000. So it takes 7 full Turns to reach 1085 and fill his bar, and he then takes his first action.

Starting to get it?

@Naecabon

Apparently I did misread it or at the very least did not understand it the first time around thanks for clearing that one. Well after learning this information I'll have to make few adjustments regarding squads but I'm going to ask one more question(s),

Now do multi-attacks, Phasma's assist/IG86/Geo etc. are considered as 1 turn, or 2 turns? The second part of the question is how about Dooku, his counters generate turn meter yes but are they also counted as turns, and lastly do Dooku's bonus attacks are also counted as turns?

The use of term 'turn' is in regards to your identical not taking an action.

Anything "extra" does not use up Turn Meter points. Assists and bonus attacks are just that - assists and bonus attacks. They are extensions of the attack and use up no resource.

Dooku's bonus attacks do not cause turns/rounds to take place, but they certainly can cause turn meter bonuses to generate based on his ability!
  • Nae get some sleep man! Hahaha

@Heronmar multi attacks do not move the turn meter. The turn meter increase only happens after there are not 100% turn meter people left.

• Dark
    199 posts Member
    A Speed Buff increases the Speed stat and this presumably is not applied until the following Turn/Round of Turn Meter fills. They would be filling their Turn Meter at an increased rate in Round 9 as a result of the buff.

My best advice when it comes to figuring out why someone attacks before someone else is to consider other factors. Do you know for sure that the Sidious you were facing was a maxed out 142 speed Sidious? Sometimes the presumption you're facing a fully geared guy can be a misconception.

Otherwise, I don't know what to say! Sidious should always go before those droids. I'd re-try the match a few times just to ensure you aren't remembering it incorrectly!

Yep, I was facing the droid team, and fight goes with Poogle buffing, then droids attacking, then my Sidious turn.
    But if the speed bonus make the droids reach full meter then on turn 9 because RNG they go before Sidious, it also make sense.
    Idk how much speed bonus gain Poogle's ability contribute to turn meter.
    I re-matched and this time Sidious goes first then Poggle. I will try one more and if possible make a video.
    Ally Code: 859-197-534
  • Team Instinct was nice enough to give me a preview of the guide and it's good stuff. Not everyone there are detriments to the Community. There's one small consideration not covered and that is character slot assignments. The RNG and many procs seem to be tied to where the character is positioned in a squad. Would love for you guys to do some testing in that regard as I doubt any dev will explain it as well as we would. Guess I'll abandon the FTB article and just send to you all for an update on yours.
    SWGoHCantina.com - Database of everything SWGoH. Fear the Boot |FTB| - One of the 1st Elite Alliances.
  • Dark wrote: »
    A Speed Buff increases the Speed stat and this presumably is not applied until the following Turn/Round of Turn Meter fills. They would be filling their Turn Meter at an increased rate in Round 9 as a result of the buff.

My best advice when it comes to figuring out why someone attacks before someone else is to consider other factors. Do you know for sure that the Sidious you were facing was a maxed out 142 speed Sidious? Sometimes the presumption you're facing a fully geared guy can be a misconception.

Otherwise, I don't know what to say! Sidious should always go before those droids. I'd re-try the match a few times just to ensure you aren't remembering it incorrectly!

Yep, I was facing the droid team, and fight goes with Poogle buffing, then droids attacking, then my Sidious turn.
    But if the speed bonus make the droids reach full meter then on turn 9 because RNG they go before Sidious, it also make sense.
    I re-matched and this time Sidious goes first then Poggle. I will try one more and if possible make a video.

Thanks any help refining the speed mechanics are greatly appreciated. One of the reasons we went public with the info is that we wanted to crowdsource handling all the additional testing we needed to do. We knew you guys would bring up great questions and help move along the discussion.
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Really should post a guide here, with a link to your forum rather than advertising here and forcing interested traffic to your forum.

If everyone posted links to content instead of content forums wouldn't exist.
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    Is it really a big deal to click the link? We aren't trying to scam anyone, we just have more control from our forum end.
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    Thanks team for researching this, its huge news
  • Naecabon wrote: »
    Ever wonder how Speed works in Galaxy of Heroes? Want to learn everything there is to know about the Turn Meter?

Well, here you go!

http://www.teaminstinct.net/speed-and-you-a-team-instinct-special/

This article covers a topic not many fully understand. People asked what we could provide as constructive content, and we accepted the challenge. Voila!

We hope you enjoy it guys. Have fun!

- Team [iN]

Good post....Nice to see a positive......
  • Xceptor
    55 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Great Guide indeed and it makes sense. It doesnt just makes sense, its probably a fact and thats a good find!
    I thought It was a Stat + die roll for initiative (classic initiative roll in countless games), but I realised that couldnt be the case since there were people taking turns more often and the bar filling up isnt just cosmetics.

Thumps up guys!
  • Thanks for the post. +1 for positivity.
  • I made an account just to thank you guys for sharing this information. It is very informative and greatly appreciated.

Nalae
  • obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Elyndria wrote: »
    Someone from your "team" already posted a guide in the designated guide section of the official forum.

Are you sure you're not just looking for traffic to your website? ;)

Even if this were the case, what's the big deal? Great read (and nice site ;)). Thanks. Perhaps you can enligthen us on some of the other hero stats such as critical rating, potency vs. tenacity and how it works with abilities such as stun, etc.? Some people including myself have been asking those questions without an answer from Jesse...
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    obiwan1011 wrote: »
    Someone from your "team" already posted a guide in the designated guide section of the official forum.

Even if this were the case, what's the big deal? Great read. Thanks. Perhaps you can enligthen us on some of the other hero stats such as potency vs. tenacity, critical rating, etc.? Some people including myself have been asking those questions without an answer from Jesse...

That type of stuff is in the works. We will post a thread if we get any solid info on how it all works.

• Barrok wrote: »
    obiwan1011 wrote: »

Even if this were the case, what's the big deal? Great read. Thanks. Perhaps you can enligthen us on some of the other hero stats such as potency vs. tenacity, critical rating, etc.? Some people including myself have been asking those questions without an answer from Jesse...

That type of stuff is in the works. We will post a thread if we get any solid info on how it all works.

Super. Look forward to it! :)
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Based on what is written there... You might want to add a list of speed thresholds to how many turned it takes to reach a certain meter... it'll help people make more sense of stuff

eg..

Speed 142+ to act on turn 7
    speed 125+ to act on turn 8
    speed 112+ to act on turn 9
    speed 100+ to act on turn 10

Etc
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    143, not 142. 142 is the cutoff.
  • EwokRampage
    116 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Skye wrote: »
    Based on what is written there... You might want to add a list of speed thresholds to how many turned it takes to reach a certain meter... it'll help people make more sense of stuff

eg..

Speed 142+ to act on turn 7
    speed 125+ to act on turn 8
    speed 112+ to act on turn 9
    speed 100+ to act on turn 10

Etc

We like to leave some things for people to find out :smiley:
  • Thank you.
    Knights of the Mobile Republic
  • Very nice analysis! Thanks for the hard work.
  • Great post. Thanks. The meter build explanation was nice.

I think though the unanswered questions are what still we need to hear from Devs on.

1. Speed leaders - I'm not sure that they are actually broke - I could see that being a purposeful aspect of speed functionality just so that speed leaders aren't OP. For example, if Ackbar took Han's starting speed to something really high and he started the match before the enemy, that'd be pretty insane. If speed leaders worked like that, you could break the meta down really easy and just find the most OP ability and stick it in a speed leader team and have it move first and game over. My hunch is speed leaders are intended not to work on initial actions to prevent the game boilding down to a speed race and speed dominating all other tactics and the match being over before it starts.

2. Speed variance - For toons with the same speed or essentially the same speed STARTING the match, for example Poe and First Order Office ... why does who starts first vary so much and does the AI get a roll bonus? I face someone with FOO, who has 137 speed with Poe, who's at 138 - same squad constructions otherwise - yet the enemy FOO tends to go first in 65-75% of the matches. This is over many days of tests in PVP so it's not a small sample. So...what is the starting variance? Is it 10%? If so, that would mean we would have targets for toons that would clear the variance range of a certain toon.

The way the turn meter fills is important, but with who takes the first action being the truly critical aspect to the game, it would be nice to get some clarity on initial speed and how it will perform going forward. This is huge so we know what toons to target and it will give us expectations on how they are likely to perform.

Thanks for posting. Good articles like this enrich the forum.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    I am very eager to read your unfinished work Kylven. I had considered team positioning but never began any research in to it!
  • Great guide! Thank you!
    I was thinking that it worked like something like this. But it's great to have everything actually tested and confirmed.
  • Naecabon,

Many thanks for the speed article write-up, meatbag. I appreciate the multiple examples of the 1000 speed threshold being met, and how the points resolve the following round.

Keep the research up and the posts will be assimilated. Even those with brain meats will read, link clicking and all.

- Robotched
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    It's what instinctively I always supposed (speed being a messure of how fast your turn meter fills), but very well detailed to point, with accurate numbers
  • Nice read. Thanks for the info. Very well done.
  • Dark wrote: »

Would like to know this for sure. I'm interested in a AOE team and want to know if when Poggle buffs IG-88 will that speed only take effect after IG-88 makes his first action?

Thanks for your guide on turn meters, very helpful
  • Great job! Thanks for sharing this.
  • Who's savy enough to create a turns-simulator tool? I found the article interesting. I think it's not that hard to do as it's addition and multiplication. The table would assign chars to actual turns, and an evolved version would simulate turn meter manipulation scenarios.

A simple way to visualize things is just list characters turns based on meter rounds:

Dooku - 7, 6, 7, ?
    Leia - 7, 7, 7, ?
    Etc.
  • nice!
This discussion has been closed.