Why the timer on challenges?

Varlie
1286 posts Member
I can understand having a timer on the arena matches but why the need for timer on challenge missions? They are already limited by number of day, why make us wait to complete them?

Replies

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    To annoy the player base.

Most useless timer in the game.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    To force you to log in multiple times a day to complete them. There is likely some research showing that spending tied to number of log ins.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    To force you to log in multiple times a day to complete them. There is likely some research showing that spending tied to number of log ins.

Surprised they don't have a timer between GW battles.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    I think we need a timer on purchases and logging in, just for consistency
  • r2steve2
    189 posts Member
    Options
    Because it lets them brag on investor calls about how players spend 2 hrs a day in the game. Even if 1 hr of that is just waiting for **** timers to expire.
    Hodor
  • anonidude
    703 posts Member
    Options
    get rid of the timers on challenges

it serves no purpose that anyone can fathom and just annoys the player base
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    I would support this change.
  • IvoB1987
    494 posts Member
    Options
    +1
  • Options
    fudgra wrote: »
    Greg1920 wrote: »

Surprised they don't have a timer between GW battles.

ZOMFG Don't give them any ideas!!! LOL
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    OK, I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks they are worthless addition to the game.
  • Cuzzins
    345 posts Member
    Options
    This and allowing Sims on challenge would be great. Can only spend so much time in game, and if they keep adding content they should at least make the content we've done a 1000 times simable
  • Jaeger
    47 posts Member
    Options
    This issue needs more attention... Please remove the timers. -thanks
  • Options
    Varlie wrote: »
    OK, I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks they are worthless addition to the game.

Unlike the above @Varlie

The timer on challenges acts as nothing more than an invisible content wall. It helps to make it sem like there is more content in the game than there is.

Alot of mobile games use this to make it seem larger. This also applies to why they won't let us Multi Sim or Sim challenges once done.

I agree it needs to go and i hope your thread gets some attention.
  • Options
    Yup remove the timer. Everyone that is playing this game is fully aware that it has minimal content. We don't need timers to "fool" us into thinking otherwise.
  • Options
    Just posted on the poll in feedback. Basically, it prevents access to completing this in the time I have for lunch. Why prevent completion unless large consecutive time or multiple log ins are used? I simply don't finish them often even though I can auto them.
  • Options
    This is actually a very good point! I was thinking the same.

+1
    Ally Code: 753-789-771
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    Options
    One of the dumbest 'features' of the game. Only arena should have a cooldown timer.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Is 10 min between GW reasonable? ;)
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • RFC
    33 posts Member
    Options
    +1
  • KelEl85
    158 posts Member
    Options
    Because while you are waiting for the timer to refresh they hope you will get bored and go take a peak at some of the other items they have for sale.

EA "While you wait for your complimentary MK 1 Anthakam Medpac Salvage to be microwaved, can I interest you in this lovely set of stun cuffs. They can be yours for the low low price of everything in your crystal chest plus a $5 purchase".

You: "I want that...."