The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Prev134567130
Aero
2972 posts Member
edited June 2017
4860307-6636060517-48240.jpg

Discord: https://discord.gg/S3rfWYZ

Star this thread, bookmark it, ignore it, whatever you want. This is a thread for the original baddies, The Galactic Empire, and everyone who invests in these characters to discuss anything related.

To start, here's my progress:

vq7TXLQ.jpg
IYsSW7X.jpg
yonymdb.jpg
Rx27QeY.jpg
gjMtzt6.jpg
CqUbqwa.jpg
1JGw6il.jpg

Post edited by Aero on

Replies

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Arena
    Now granted I haven't truly maxed them yet, but they seem very lackluster. Not enough synergy. They are also very slow, and while I'd like to use Vader for more damage I feel I need to use Tarkin so they don't get blasted apart before I move. I do use them in later GW rounds for testing and I have some videos I'll share soon.

Farming
    Seriously guys, very easy farming hear! If you want in on this party it's not very hard. Every character is free, and they're all across every shard collection method. Plus 4 of them get to gear 9 without any raid gear.

Raids
    I need to do more work here but in my opinion these guys are all pretty lackluster here as well, except of course for Vader who can pull a huge blue to the rancor.

Misc.
    Potency is generally very low until maxed out. Especially with Magmatrooper. 7% all the way until gear 10 then it's 87%, there needs to be better progression.

Snowtrooper seems to be doing more damage than most the rest and as you can tell I haven't even really started on him yet. Looking forward to that!

Veers omega leader ability is 30% offense for empire characters. Vaders level 7 leader is 30% offense for empire characters plus 25% chance to remove 10% turn meter. Come on! Veers needs something else, maybe a potency leader ability!
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Surprised to hear of Snowtroopers damage. Though perhaps that's an indication as to why they seem lackluster. Have you ever witnessed MT's imploder actually reducing the enemy turn meter?
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    evanbio wrote: »
    Surprised to hear of Snowtroopers damage. Though perhaps that's an indication as to why they seem lackluster. Have you ever witnessed MT's imploder actually reducing the enemy turn meter?

Yes but rarely. Potency does go up to 87% so I'm working on getting him there before using him in my main empire squad.
  • Snowtrooper is good. I use him on attackers only. I'm currently working on a clone team with phasma as lead. Problem is rex and echo cant really farm yet. Fives is at 7* and CS is 5*and phasma is 6*. If i knew how id post pics
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    (img)image link (/img)

Use the [ ] instead of ( )

I have a strong clone team as well that I use in Arena and most of GW, but this is not the place to discuss them.
  • JediKQD
    19 posts Member
    I did find Empire team (Vader lead, snowtrooper, RG) in taking on the dark side battles. They all seem to carry more hit points than attackers like the IG's. That helped carry through to some three star victories.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    JediKQD wrote: »
    I did find Empire team (Vader lead, snowtrooper, RG) in taking on the dark side battles. They all seem to carry more hit points than attackers like the IG's. That helped carry through to some three star victories.

I've been stuck at 7-F normal since before I started working on the Empire characters, and now my 5 highest power dark side characters are all empire. This is what I've been hoping for - the general tanky-ness of the Empire to carry my through these battles.
  • True it is not.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Some videos as promised.

Failed GW final node,
    https://youtu.be/7ZWp-xfBejI

Tial and error victory GW final node,
    https://youtu.be/17XenLmgGA0

Failed Arena attempt,
    https://youtu.be/Nk55d-artrI
  • []
  • Lets see if this works
  • Nope. Must have did something wrong.
  • Nope. Must have did something wrong.

Just use the little icon above the reply box. It looks like a piece of paper with the top-right corner folded over. Paste the link to your picture in there. Note: you must host your picture on a web site such as Imgur before it will work.
  • Ah OK. That's what i missed. Thank you
  • Well, Tarkin is useless.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Well, Tarkin is useless.

Besides his leader ability.
  • Here goes.... he not max yet.
  • Im not good at this lol. Sorry for filling this up with useless posts
  • Cythis
    273 posts Member
    Vader is the only solid character, both Veers and Tarkin are lacking potency and the ability to do damage since they are both Intelligence based instead of strength.

The synergy with them makes little sense, when you pair them together, they combined to do a little of everything but nothing very good.
  • Minowara
    536 posts Member
    I have to disagree with you guys on Tarkin. I have 7 star Tarkin, G8, and I find him pretty good. I'm not sure what you are wanting from him, but if you consider him to have 2 abilities -- basic and AoE, and think of the AoE as only usable in rare occasions, then you won't be disappointed. No, he is not good in arena, because his speed doesn't help a too-slow empire team enough. But he is a pretty good damage dealer. No, he's not Rey, but no one is. His basic hits for me at about 4,000 to 4,300 non-crit and about 6,500 crit, which is not bad at all. If you think of him as just a vanilla damage dealer, you won't be terribly disappointed.

Much better than Magmatrooper...... but I guess Magma could be good at max G10..... if I ever want to take him there.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Cythis wrote: »
    Vader is the only solid character, both Veers and Tarkin are lacking potency and the ability to do damage since they are both Intelligence based instead of strength.

The synergy with them makes little sense, when you pair them together, they combined to do a little of everything but nothing very good.

I think the ideal team will be

Tarkin (L)
    Vader
    Magmatrooper
    Snowtrooper
    Royal Guard

Assuming everyone is maxed except Vader at 5 stars. These guys do get some potency one fully geared.
  • I suggest dropping stormtrooper (or veers) in favor of magma or snowtrooper
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    I suggest dropping stormtrooper (or veers) in favor of magma or snowtrooper

If that's directed at my videos, see above for what I'm suspecting is the ideal set up. Snowtrooper isn't strong enough yet and Magmatrooper needs to be max gear to get the potency.
  • My fellow teammates. I find i have an extra 20 bucks this week. I'm going to put into game after work. Should i buy 1 8 pack and 4 shards for Rex from store or 2 money packs.... i currently have 150k credits and still have to do my bounty missions
  • Aero wrote: »
    I suggest dropping stormtrooper (or veers) in favor of magma or snowtrooper

If that's directed at my videos, see above for what I'm suspecting is the ideal set up. Snowtrooper isn't strong enough yet and Magmatrooper needs to be max gear to get the potency.

Oh, oops I didn't see that
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Noktarn
    401 posts Member
    yep.. til the team is g10 don't expect much at all. For some reason Empire sucks at g9. Someone pls invest the time and money to gear them up so we can all see. Nobody is doing it tho =/
  • I believe ideal setup will include the emperor, whenever he comes out rather than tarkin, just a guess I have no idea what the emperor will be like but hopefully he will be an improvement from Tarkin
  • anonamus wrote: »
    I believe ideal setup will include the emperor, whenever he comes out rather than tarkin, just a guess I have no idea what the emperor will be like but hopefully he will be an improvement from Tarkin

If he is anything like the one in the missions he could be decent
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Noktarn wrote: »
    yep.. til the team is g10 don't expect much at all. For some reason Empire sucks at g9. Someone pls invest the time and money to gear them up so we can all see. Nobody is doing it tho =/

I'm about to. I need one more gear piece clones then it's all empire!