Is Dooku worth farming?

Wildcats1203
781 posts Member
edited January 2016
I pulled him in Bronzium twice, and currently he is 4* and has 25/65 shards. Is it worth farming him, or is it just not fast enough? I'm worried that by the time I get him to 5* I'll already have a team of 7*s and won't care. I don't want to spend crystals refreshing his nodes.
Post edited by Wildcats1203 on

Replies

• Personally I don't think he is all that useful.

Like you I have a 4* version in fact mine is fully purple geared level 60 but in high level arena and even in galactic wars he is weak in my experience. He dies fast and doesn't hit very hard.

If you really like him and have a team that can support him it may be worth it. There are so many other characters though that are easier to farm and those energy points could be used for hunting for the gear parts for characters you can star up faster.
  • StirringOwl
    34 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Dooko is a great character who only loses value because other characters star up faster than him. However if you have a dooko at a similar star level such as 6* or 7* he is awesome. It may take a while, but over time if you put in the 64 energy a day into him you will be happy with him.
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    If the META forms around AOE or Jedi, he is awesome. If it comes down to POE protecting high damage single target hitters, I think he should be replaced.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Star lvl is not near as important as gear.

The simple
    Answer here is yes because it takes minimal energy to farm him since he is very slow to farm. There is literally not a good reason to NOT farm him.

Plus with new content, lvls, cap, etc etc etc you never know what will work best in the future
  • He is awesome for the following reasons:
    1. High speed. Yes, he doesn't hit hard, but he hits so fast (and he can hit multiple times) that his effective damage output is very very high.
    2. Debuffs. He is so fast that he is usually first, and he can get a stun on someone to start the fight. That's a pretty big deal.
    3. Anti-Jedi. He stuns/ability blocks jedi, in addition to the stun. And when he double attacks, he has twice the chance against the jedi to apply those debuffs. That's ridiculously good in shutting down Jedi. Consider the most common healers? (Lumi, JC, Barris) He is very effective in this meta.
    4. Speed vs. Debuffs. The fact that he has such high speed means it's good against debuffs (because he uses them up quickly), but bad against damage debuffs and bad when his teammates have buffs. With all the Phasmas and to a lesser extent OldBens, this is a good though.

His weakness is that he doesn't have high hit points, but he is still strong. Sure, he's not better than a 7* Sid or a Lumi, but he's better than most other 4* at this point. If anyone eventually gets a 7* Dooku, he would be a beast. I think it's worth it to farm him a bit.

Extent it the other way. Would you rather have a guy that hits for little damage at a very fast rate or a very very slow attacker that hits very hard? If you are *super* slow, you will die before you get to do anything. If you are super fast, you get to kill things and not "waste" dps unnecessarily. If you also add to it that you get to apply your debuffs (stun/ability block) at a high rate as well, then it's a no brainer. Dooku is very good.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    DarthRomeo wrote: »
    He is awesome for the following reasons:
    1. High speed. Yes, he doesn't hit hard, but he hits so fast (and he can hit multiple times) that his effective damage output is very very high.
    2. Debuffs. He is so fast that he is usually first, and he can get a stun on someone to start the fight. That's a pretty big deal.
    3. Anti-Jedi. He stuns/ability blocks jedi, in addition to the stun. And when he double attacks, he has twice the chance against the jedi to apply those debuffs. That's ridiculously good in shutting down Jedi. Consider the most common healers? (Lumi, JC, Barris) He is very effective in this meta.
    4. Speed vs. Debuffs. The fact that he has such high speed means it's good against debuffs (because he uses them up quickly), but bad against damage debuffs and bad when his teammates have buffs. With all the Phasmas and to a lesser extent OldBens, this is a good though.

His weakness is that he doesn't have high hit points, but he is still strong. Sure, he's not better than a 7* Sid or a Lumi, but he's better than most other 4* at this point. If anyone eventually gets a 7* Dooku, he would be a beast. I think it's worth it to farm him a bit.

Extent it the other way. Would you rather have a guy that hits for little damage at a very fast rate or a very very slow attacker that hits very hard? If you are *super* slow, you will die before you get to do anything. If you are super fast, you get to kill things and not "waste" dps unnecessarily. If you also add to it that you get to apply your debuffs (stun/ability block) at a high rate as well, then it's a no brainer. Dooku is very good.

Couldn't have said it better. He is definitely worth farming.
  • At 5* he is as good as 7*s
  • Think of the answer as relative to the opportunity cost. Farming him by not gearing fast enough not food. But if you use 3-4 Crystal refills per day, or have other chars max geared, farming him is good
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    I like to use Dooku because he is awesome and kill sid/healer fast in GW. He is not a tank.. so what you going to expect?
  • Yes it is, but you have to be realllllllll patient
  • ccfoo
    154 posts Member
    Yes but farming him is really painful with his terrible drop rates
  • His first atack with stun on lumi(always) or fotp leia(someyimes) is key for me reaching top 5 every day, i have no synergy on my team and he give me the life. By the way i have him at 4 stars but soon he will be 5.
  • Dooku + Poggle is love :D
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I'm farming him just because he's the fastest toon and have a stun. I realize he will not be in my team for a looooong time. By the time I unlock him, he'll not be able to compete in arena with 3*. But it's a long term project, and I think he'll be worth it in 5-6 months.
  • shimmy
    200 posts Member
    I think Dooku is great. Granted, I'm not a maxed out player or some high arena level player (I hover around low 200-215 and the highest I have been on my difficult server/section is 175) but for me, my 3 star elite geared level 58 Dooku is great even if his 90% stun on a Jedi is **** and rarely works for me. I also dislike facing Dooku teams since he gets those counters on Sid's attack and then he seems to always stun someone on my team.

I much prefer Dooku to many characters that get talked about here which from my experience with them just don't seem to back up the hype.