SWGOH.gg meta data and toon diversity

Greg1920
1777 posts Member
edited May 2016
https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/10/

SWGOH.gg has a great meta data feature which shows the teams top 1, 10, or 100 in arena and aggragated its compositions.

What it shows is that Ben and Dooku aren't problems. They make up 11% and 22% of the top ten teams. So only 1/3rd. So based on the data there is pretty good diversity in terms of leads.

However when you look at overall teams RG, Rey and QG are on half of all top 10 teams. This suggests that EA/CG need to provide effective alternatives for the key skills that these toons provide.

Rey - GS has some presence but fotp and RP and maybe others should be buffed to be credible options for Rey

RG - stun is well represented out there. Auto taunt is not. Another one or two tanks should have this feature and a different secondary skill.

QG - the combo of good damage Oup and buff removal is very powerful. At a minimum give another toon good damage and buff removal

Now options for some of these exist in P2P toons as they should however if a goal is diversity then alternate FTP options should be developed.

Needing the 3 toons is not the answer as they fulfill neccessary roles in the game but giving viable options would improve diversity.

Replies

• Qleak
    420 posts Member
    Very neat link thanks for sharing!
  • Onetime7979
    1012 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Maybe because no one has Old ben

My Top 20 is 16/20 Old/ben Dooku
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Maybe because no one has Old ben

My Top 20 is 16/20 Old/ben Dooku

I think this is an affect of closed shards. If I'm not on the forums I can only see what people around me are doing so People emulate the top players on their shard. My shard is over half Phasma top 20. Seeing her at 11% is surprising.

It's definitely not an unbiased dataset as it's likely has a higher whale presence and a almost 100% forum user presence but it's pretty interesting to look at.

• You're the man Sep
  • That's all cool, but don't nerf anybody.

Buff up some guys to make them competitive .

I hate nerfs. But buff up forgotten toons and make them worthy
  • escorpion8888
    109 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    How accurate is this data? I noticed that the table shows 5 ig-86 total in the number 1 teams but shows 0 ig-86 total in the to 1-10 teams. I'm not trying to be condescending here. I do love and often visit the site. Maybe it's a misprint and they forgot to put the number in the 1-10 teams because I don't see the droid at all.
  • BamBam
    280 posts Member
    Imo, rey is fine because you have gs and ig86 to counter/replace.

But, yes RG and QG need a parallel.My suggestions would be chewie for RG and Mace for QGJ. Both chewie and mace are relatively weak and so increasing their skills would make them competitive
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    How accurate is this data? I noticed that the table shows 5 ig-86 total in the number 1 teams but shows 0 ig-86 total in the to 1-10 teams. I'm not trying to be condescending here. I do love and often visit the site. Maybe it's a misprint and they forgot to put the number in the 1-10 teams because I don't see the droid at all.

I see 43 listed in the top 1-10 section. It's not entirely accurate as a lot of people aren't registered with the site (I'm not) but it should be a decentish sample size.

• scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Interesting info. That 1/3 is over every leaderboard which is great for those that can see that diversity.

I am going to be a little selfish and say out of all the leader boards there is only 1 that affects me and it is way more than 1/3 old man leads, currently top 10 is 90%.
  • Hellcat
    319 posts Member
    Greg1920 wrote: »

SWGOH.gg has a great meta data feature which shows the teams top 1, 10, or 100 in arena and aggragated its compositions.

What it shows is that Ben and Dooku aren't problems. They make up 11% and 22% of the top ten teams. So only 1/3rd. So based on the data there is pretty good diversity in terms of leads.

However when you look at overall teams RG, Rey and QG are on half of all top 10 teams. This suggests that EA/CG need to provide effective alternatives for the key skills that these toons provide.

Rey - GS has some presence but fotp and RP and maybe others should be buffed to be credible options for Rey

RG - stun is well represented out there. Auto taunt is not. Another one or two tanks should have this feature and a different secondary skill.

QG - the combo of good damage Oup and buff removal is very powerful. At a minimum give another toon good damage and buff removal

Now options for some of these exist in P2P toons as they should however if a goal is diversity then alternate FTP options should be developed.

Needing the 3 toons is not the answer as they fulfill neccessary roles in the game but giving viable options would improve diversity.

Let Anakin hit as hard as Rey, so he can be another option as damage dealer other than Rey.
    Give Windu good damage, so he can be another option for QGJ (he already has the buff remove).
    As for RG, I think some set up benefits more with ST Han (like Rebel team) and some benefits more with Poe (high damage, droid team). So he's fine.
  • Nice to know I'm one of 7 who use Chirpa.
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    What it shows is that Ben and Dooku aren't problems. They make up 11% and 22% of the top ten teams. So only 1/3rd. So based on the data there is pretty good diversity in terms of leads

In the top 100 of my shard they account for 50% last time I checked.

If you're only looking at the top ten it will be skewed due to the whales with Rex, Ackbar lead (for Leia), Chirpa lead etc.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    BamBam wrote: »

But, yes RG and QG need a parallel.

Sun Fac
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Alexone wrote: »
    BamBam wrote: »

But, yes RG and QG need a parallel.

Sun Fac

If you want diversity you need P2p toons that are better than their FTP counterparts and multiple FTP toons filling a similar role with slightly different skill sets

• Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Hellcat wrote: »

Let Anakin hit as hard as Rey, so he can be another option as damage dealer other than Rey.
    Give Windu good damage, so he can be another option for QGJ (he already has the buff remove).
    As for RG, I think some set up benefits more with ST Han (like Rebel team) and some benefits more with Poe (high damage, droid team). So he's fine.

The data does not show that St Han is being used as a substitute for RG. His usage numbers are significantly Lower. I think chewie would be a good auto taunt candidate.

Anakin likely has too much health to get that much damage. I really like the Windu option. Make his hit with Expose comparable to QG assist and make the AI hit the exposed target, and make taunts only that get exposed while taunted.
  • Greg1920 wrote: »

+1
    I like this, very good suggestions.
  • wrilley
    390 posts Member

Facing two to three auto-taunters on an arena or GW team would be fairly horrible.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    What it shows is that Ben and Dooku aren't problems. They make up 11% and 22% of the top ten teams. So only 1/3rd. So based on the data there is pretty good diversity in terms of leads

In the top 100 of my shard they account for 50% last time I checked.

If you're only looking at the top ten it will be skewed due to the whales with Rex, Ackbar lead (for Leia), Chirpa lead etc.

That's a fair comment. When you switch to top 100 Dooku usage explodes. I would argue this is a vestige of the speed meta then the current trend. Phasma usage jumps and old Ben usage drops.

I like to look at top 10 as I believe that is more predictive of where Meta is going rather than where it's been but you are right that using top 100 shows a 25%+ Dooku usage with about 17% for Ben, QG and Phasma.

Still four leaders is pretty good diversity. The issue is that outside the leader spot there is far less diversity on teams.
  • Sarryen
    474 posts Member
    The numbers on the page that the OP linked to are bugged.

For example, the percentages are calculated by dividing through by 1264 (the apparent total number of teams), but the actual total number of characters listed (which is all of them) is about 820 (rough calculation).

Hence it looks like the pie chart showing close to 50% of teams (much more than 33%) having ben or dooku is actually more accurate. So the diversity is being overplayed.

Swgoh.gg need to sort out the bugs with those figures because the resource itself is excellent!

And just to add - I salute the person who has clone sergeant as lead!
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Good catch @SWGOHGG

Can you look at your meta data the % reporting looks bugged