T7 has anyone tried and failed?

dtmike1
242 posts Member
Just wondering because the guild I'm in is thinking about trying one. Mainly because everyone seems to say it is so much easier. Haven't really seen anyone say don't try it it's too hard. It more wait for everyone to rank first then do the damage.

So I'm wondering if anyone actually tried it before the team was ready and regretted trying it or if the shadow is bigger than the monster?

Replies

• gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    We are caught in one we can't beat.... U can pm me for details
  • KelEl85
    158 posts Member
    dtmike1 wrote: »
    Just wondering because the guild I'm in is thinking about trying one. Mainly because everyone seems to say it is so much easier. Haven't really seen anyone say don't try it it's too hard. It more wait for everyone to rank first then do the damage.

So I'm wondering if anyone actually tried it before the team was ready and regretted trying it or if the shadow is bigger than the monster?

Not T7 but we are in that situation with T6. T5 we can beat in about a day or less. T6, started 3 days ago and only half way through phase 2. Can't believe the jump in difficulty! I'm curious though why everyone says T7 is easier than T6.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    KelEl85 wrote: »
    Can't believe the jump in difficulty! I'm curious though why everyone says T7 is easier than T6.

There is a lot less HP to deal with. However most people describe it as being as easy as T6. Not necessarily easier. Basically if you can complete T6 in a certain amount of time you can clear T7.

T7 is simply a DPS zerg. Throw your top toons at it and do damages. Very little need for specialized utility toons.
  • Lasserini
    274 posts Member
    The rewards of T7 are so much better than T6 that it´s worth trying even if you risk failing once, if you can beat t6 in 2-3days you probably wont fail though.
    ---
    We enforce a "Only 1 fight in the first 12hours" to get rewards to as many people as possible -- Last raid Rancor was about halfway into phase 4 after 1 attack from around 40 players. P4 does require some toons to burn through, but if you average 10+ 7*'s each I would give it a go, just make sure to leave P1 to people with Ackbar, Rex or Ewok Elder until you safely farm it.
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Myself, I have 20 7* level 80 toons, ackbar included working on the Ewok Elder.. We wanna try but to my knowledge we have no strategy. It's pretty much gonna be a free for all. Which per conversations with other forum people is how and why we will fail. If everyone just does their own thing waisting toons.
  • Lasserini
    274 posts Member
    Not wasting toons in P1 would be my best advice, only let people with a dispeller go -- You should atleast be dealing 15% of the captains hp on a good try.
    Kill guards, focus captain, dispel deathmark, repeat.
    ---
    I´d suggest going with a 1 attempt pr player rule aswell so everyone gets a chance at p1, 2 or 3 with their top 5.

No need to farm Elder if you already have Ackbar - After 1-2raids you wont have time to go more than once in p1 before its over anyway.
  • Lasserini wrote: »
    Not wasting toons in P1 would be my best advice, only let people with a dispeller go -- You should atleast be dealing 15% of the captains hp on a good try.
    Kill guards, focus captain, dispel deathmark, repeat.
    ---
    I´d suggest going with a 1 attempt pr player rule aswell so everyone gets a chance at p1, 2 or 3 with their top 5.

No need to farm Elder if you already have Ackbar - After 1-2raids you wont have time to go more than once in p1 before its over anyway.

This is good advice. The rancor has much less health but double the tenacity. It's hard to land slow and other debuffs. Your toons need a lot of potency. I would say if your guild can beat a t6 easily with onlyone refresh than you should be able to easily beat the heroic.

Chondrosarcoma- Chondro3150#0907