Why isnt Boba Fett a Clone?

Prev13
Timitock
2844 posts Member
He should be.

Replies

• Panna
    210 posts Member
    Technically he's not, Jango wanted his DNA unaltered so he's just his son.
    ARK - Alliance Of Rebel Knights | Editor & Graphics Designer | https://swgoh.gg/u/panna/
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Edit: #ReadingComprehension
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Gwonk
    238 posts Member
    Unaltered clone or modified clone shouldn't matter.
    A clone is a clone is a clone :) I'm with Timitock.
  • Because that's how the script was written.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Would complete a 5 man team, and they could fix that strange placeholder synergy on Plo Koon to be for Jedi.
  • The Clones were specially bred and trained to work together, hence the synergy. Boba Fett was never raised that way, so no synergy.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    If Plo can have synergy, Boba can have synergy.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Boba not about that life.
  • Plo fought with them, was a part of their units. Fett never did. So still no reason for him to have it.

Saying he needs to have Clone synergy because of his genetics is no different than saying humans should have synergy with each other because they are all born the same. Instead, synergies in this game derive from actual combat affiliations, which Fett does not share with anyone but Scoundrels.
  • Auricius
    42 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Timitock wrote: »

Seconded. I mean it's kind of odd Boba has a leader skill in the first place - he is a loner after all isn't he? Might as well make him somewhat more useful then by giving him clone synergy. He grew up surrounded by them even if he didn't train with them.
  • Boburt Fettman

Boba Fett was a male human bounty hunter, and the genetic clone of infamous bounty hunter Jango Fett.

Boba was created by the cloners on Kamino and was physically identical to the clone troopers created for the Grand Army of the Republic, though Boba was unaltered and did not grow at the same accelerated rate as the other clones.

Raised as Jango's son, Boba learned the combat skills necessary to one day become a bounty hunter in his own right.

dfgobXU.gif
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Ewoks and Jawas and Tuskens all have racial synergies.

Clone is exact genetics.

Boba isnt a loner. I cite being a boss in Jabba's Palace as example evidence.
  • Timitock wrote: »
    Boba isnt a loner. I cite being a boss in Jabba's Palace as example evidence.

And the chicks loved him there

tumblr_n1ixxa533v1rhlsdeo1_400.gif

• Auricius wrote: »

Seconded. I mean it's kind of odd Boba has a leader skill in the first place - he is a loner after all isn't he? Might as well make him somewhat more useful then by giving him clone synergy. He grew up surrounded by them even if he didn't train with them.

But training and fighting together is the whole point of synergy. Without that, it's kind of pointless.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Auricius wrote: »

But training and fighting together is the whole point of synergy. Without that, it's kind of pointless.

He trained with them as a child. In the EU, he becomes Mandalore.
  • Timitock wrote: »

He trained with them as a child. In the EU, he becomes Mandalore.

Fair enough
  • DJJ
    367 posts Member
    He'd be the lone DS clone. Most factions aren't both light and dark, if any.
  • TheFossilMan
    102 posts Member
    edited May 2016

Well in the Clone Wars he does lead that group of bounty hunters to deliver that little girl.

I do also think he should count as a clone it may actually make him useful.
  • DJJ wrote: »

This is actually a good point too
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    DJJ wrote: »

Jawas and Droids mix Light and Dark Side synergy. Ahsoka does, too.

"The lone Dark Side Clone" actually seems appropriate.
  • i think Vader, Luke, and leia should all share a a synergy since they share genetics.
  • Good points made by all.

H3EZPde.jpg
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Urgedgrunt wrote: »
    i think Vader, Luke, and leia should all share a a synergy since they share genetics.

Are you suggesting the removal of Jawa, Ewok, Tusken and Nightsister Synergies?
  • I'm suggesting basing a synergy off of genetics is stretching it unless those genetics or racial makes sense in cannon.
  • Generally the synergies are built around similar/compatible training (Jedi, Sith, Clones, Nightsister, Droid) or tribal/cultural similarities (Ewok, Jawa, Scoundrel) or straight up chain of command type hierarchy (Empire, Rebel, Resistance)

Boba really doesn't fit, because he is by canon not trained or imprinted as a Clone, even though genetically he is a clone by definition. Characters with the clone synergy in this game reflect similar "accelerated growth and training" via imprinting of tactics and orders that Boba was never exposed to. He never trained in a clone unit, served with clones or would know clone tactics.

Boba not having clone synergies is highly fluff-supported.
  • Jango and Boba were aligned with the Separatists and the clones were aligned with the Republic. The synergies they give are based on groups that are all on the same "side" in the lore. So Boba doesn't have synergies with clones for the same reason Stormtroopers don't have synergies with clones.

Tuskens, Ewoks and Jawas were all aligned together as well. If there was a Ewok Sith I wouldn't expect him to have Ewok synergies because they clearly weren't part of the same group.
  • aerendhil
    503 posts Member
    Nope.
    Boba should be Empire as well as Rogue, 'cause he worked so many times for Vader.
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Sir_Whooty
    518 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Bobba didn't train with the clones, he went undercover once to
    try and kill mace windu in the clone wars
    other than that he was in the good hands of bounty hunters, following in his fathers footsteps. And the EU sadly doesn't exist anymore, although I can see Disney making a spin off and having him go and reclaim Mandalore. He's too much of a cash cow for them to ignore.
  • Sir_Whooty wrote: »
    Bobba didn't train with the clones, he went undercover once to
    try and kill mace windu in the clone wars
    other than that he was in the good hands of bounty hunters, following in his fathers footsteps. And the EU sadly doesn't exist anymore, although I can see Disney making a spin off and having him go and reclaim Mandalore. He's too much of a cash cow for them to ignore.

Not to be too much of a devil's advocate, but HK47 is only from EU. I know, it's ticky-tack, because I'm arguing against Boba having Clone synergy, but just saying that EU is not completely disqualified.
  • I believe the Clone tag refers to only the clone army - they were bred a specific way. Boba is technically a clone and received the same training I'm sure but genetically he is different.