Arena rank worth the effort?

My team sits between 100-200 on average. I'm on an older shard with a lot of high level players.

Since update I'm dropping to 200-300 over night. Battle back into top 200 and lose it almost immediately after that.

I'm not complaining about it, I'm just curious if it's worth the extra effort and crystals: at this stage spending the extra 50 crystals to get 50 extra crystals is a wash. Arena tokens don't seem to be worth the additional cost for an extra 25 - in 2 weeks I can make one extra purchase.

What's your thoughts?
Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!

Replies

• I would agree... if you can't move up at least 2 reward tiers, it's not worth it to refresh. the only exceptions are if your guild is going for T7 dailies, or if you feel that you can climb into the next tier and HOLD it consistently.
  • My team sits between 100-200 on average. I'm on an older shard with a lot of high level players.

Since update I'm dropping to 200-300 over night. Battle back into top 200 and lose it almost immediately after that.

I'm not complaining about it, I'm just curious if it's worth the extra effort and crystals: at this stage spending the extra 50 crystals to get 50 extra crystals is a wash. Arena tokens don't seem to be worth the additional cost for an extra 25 - in 2 weeks I can make one extra purchase.

What's your thoughts?

Personally I don't think it's worth it at all anymore. The squad arena is something I dont even play anymore because of dropping in ranks so fast when its so hard to get up there. And on top of that, the matchups they give you is almost always outrageous, and something always happens that just isn't fair. So yeah, there's my thoughts. Big waste of time.
  • This is an older post but still applies. I'm not sure it's really worth the hassle either. But at the same time there's still some toons I want from arena. My goal is to not fall too far behind. I have no real motivation to try and hit #1
  • zerizut
    425 posts Member
    maybe you are just bored by your arena squad. if possible try out some new combos. you can always switch to a defense team at the end of the day. recently I found out that you can just plow through "Ben/Dooku, Rey, Leia, RG plus guest" teams with a HK/JE droid team. I like Arena much better now.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Typically the higher you get in arena ranking the less you'll fall overnight. That's because at higher ranks less people will be able to target you and drop you down. One 50 crystal refresh equals 10 total battles and if you're confident in your arena team you can jump through more than a few arena tiers and make up those 50.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Confident in my team but still behind on the gear grind. I can usually hop into top 30 but can't hold it long. Top 20 on my shard will be really tough without mostly gear 9 and 10 toons