Why isnt Boba Fett a Clone?

Replies

• soneill73
    202 posts Member
    I always like to think what happened in Episodes 1 through 3 stays in Episodes 1 through 3. Star Wars starts at Episode 4. Then we don't have to worry about such things and Boba Fett is a cool character again.
  • Sir_Whooty wrote: »
    Bobba didn't train with the clones, he went undercover once to
    try and kill mace windu in the clone wars
    other than that he was in the good hands of bounty hunters, following in his fathers footsteps. And the EU sadly doesn't exist anymore, although I can see Disney making a spin off and having him go and reclaim Mandalore. He's too much of a cash cow for them to ignore.

Not to be too much of a devil's advocate, but HK47 is only from EU. I know, it's ticky-tack, because I'm arguing against Boba having Clone synergy, but just saying that EU is not completely disqualified.

They reserve the right to use characters but their story arcs have been placed into "Legends" and only the 7 Films and Clone Wars/Rebels are what they consider canon now to make room for the Disneyverse. Now Legends can be truths, lies, or a mix of both. Kinda sucks because I like a lot of the EU, mostly the Old Republic era and stuff from the past. But it makes sense to give screenwriters artistic freedom moving forward. With all the Disney spin offs coming I'm sure Bobba Fett will be addressed, and hopefully some of the Old Republic as well.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    soneill73 wrote: »
    I always like to think what happened in Episodes 1 through 3 stays in Episodes 1 through 3. Star Wars starts at Episode 4. Then we don't have to worry about such things and Boba Fett is a cool character again.
    @soneill73
    And by cool, you mean 30 seconds of screen time followed by being hit in the back of the head and falling into a hole.
  • Toukai wrote: »
    And by cool, you mean 30 seconds of screen time followed by being hit in the back of the head and falling into a hole.

LMAO
  • soneill73
    202 posts Member
    Toukai wrote: »
    @soneill73

totally cool, no better way to go than get eaten by a giant ****
  • soneill73
    202 posts Member
    and apparently medical terms for anatomy are not allowed by the censors
  • If the prequels had been written out like the animated series and George Lucas wouldn't have been in charge of everything they would've been so much better. The only thing I hate about the Clone Wars is how much I actually like Anakin...then I cringe at him in episode 3
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Sir_Whooty wrote: »
    If the prequels had been written out like the animated series and George Lucas wouldn't have been in charge of everything they would've been so much better. The only thing I hate about the Clone Wars is how much I actually like Anakin...then I cringe at him in episode 3

@Sir_Whooty
    Sadly, Lucas's empire was good because it was built on by other people. He didn't even write the ending to A New Hope (death star trench run).

Lucas Arts, the company that made all the SW games, wasn't looked over by him in the slightest.

the movies that must not be named was literally G.L. not letting anyone into the pilot seat and everyone just nodded their heads and let him do whatever he wanted. If you watch the making of, almost every scene is him in a chair in front of a green screen. It was lazy writing and directing from start to finish.

Now that Disney has it's hand in the jar they are putting effort into the franchise. If there is ONE thing Disney does well, it's understand its product's audience.

I, for one, welcome our mouse overlord having the reigns. My only problem with them in general is their absolutely heinous pricing along with their marketing strategy being the work of a guy who is probably named "Satan." No, not the DBZ way of pronouncing it either :P
  • Nah clones need Commander Cody
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Also, not to derail from my post:

While Boba is, indeed, a clone of Jengo, the whole "Clone" synergies are built around the military upbringing of the clones as a whole. Hence things like "All clones gain % when x happens."

Boba never, ever ever, trained in that style. He was trained directly and solely by Jengo to work alone and not with other clones. Boba would have 0 synergy with the actual clones from Clone Wars.

While he is "technically" a clone, "game design" would say otherwise. He would be a scoundrel in the game's terminology.
  • soneill73
    202 posts Member
    There are a lot of characters listed in the swgoh.gg database that I have yet to see in the game. Maybe that's a sign we will see characters like Cody and Bossk in the nearer future.
    @soneill73

He tied Luke's hands up for almost 2 seconds, too. Apparently, despite having watched his dad fight a Jedi, he forgot that light sabers cut things.

I posted this in another thread, but Boba Fett's popularity is an amazing feat of costume design. That's pretty much the only reason he's popular and probably the reason he was written into the prequels.
  • garublador wrote: »
    @soneill73

He tied Luke's hands up for almost 2 seconds, too. Apparently, despite having watched his dad fight a Jedi, he forgot that light sabers cut things.

I posted this in another thread, but Boba Fett's popularity is an amazing feat of costume design. That's pretty much the only reason he's popular and probably the reason he was written into the prequels.

It was recently revealed that Lucas had originally planned much more for Boba. He was originally supposed to be the main villain of Return of the Jedi because more movies were planned at the time. When the decided that RotJ would be the last film they cut out a lot of storylines.
  • Because teams aren't based on DNA. It's based on synergy. Boba didn't serve in the clone army and it wasn't his lifestyle.

If my Dad was in the Marine Corps and I was a manager at IHOP, that doesn't make me a soldier.
  • Auricius wrote: »
    I mean it's kind of odd Boba has a leader skill in the first place - he is a loner after all isn't he?

Not necessarily. He even had his own syndicate for awhile.

• Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Auricius wrote: »
    I mean it's kind of odd Boba has a leader skill in the first place - he is a loner after all isn't he?

Not necessarily. He even had his own syndicate for awhile.

@Chewplebcca
    Your expanded universe has no power here! Ha ha ha ha ha!!

Wait... wrong franchise quote.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Ahsoka should get clone synergy before Boba gets it
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    tRRRey wrote: »

As should any Jedi that commanded clones for that matter.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    tRRRey wrote: »

@tRRRey
    Omg yes. She works with Ventress for like 1 episode and she has Jedi/Nightsister bonuses, but not clones with whom she solely worked with throughout the Clone Wars.
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    Is Boba the most overrated character in the star wars universe? He "catches" Han by alerting the Empire as to his whereabouts, and then he falls into a giant mouth in the sand in his first on screen combat. Why is this guy so popular?
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Predian wrote: »
    Is Boba the most overrated character in the star wars universe? He "catches" Han by alerting the Empire as to his whereabouts, and then he falls into a giant mouth in the sand in his first on screen combat. Why is this guy so popular?
    @Predian
    He looked cool and wasn't an insta-dead storm trooper. Plus, he was literally the only bounty-hunter in the "line up" that got to move or have a scene.

What makes him cool is his mysterious nature. Then, yes, he goes out like a chump.
  • soneill73
    202 posts Member

If you were a kid in 1981 and into Star Wars then you wouldn't need to ask this. Someone said it's good use of costuming and that is probably true. As a kid who at the time was probably 8 years old when Empire Strikes Back came out it was all imagination. A cool action figure and possibly one of the coolest ships to have owned as a toy. Even today, they release action figures for movies such as Force Awakens and you have to ask yourself where they even came from. Only to go back and watch it later and see a split second shot of some creature and then you know. So Boba may not have had much screen time but he was one of the coolest action figures and the special proof of purchase mail in version even had a launch-able rocket. When we all still had active imaginations we didn't need the sickening over-telling of a story to get it. So for myself it was less of his overall screen time and completely nostalgia. He also had a part in some of the novels that exist in this universe. Characters like Boba Fett, Bossk, IG-88, etc just live on as an aesthetic part of the film that became a much larger part of either canon or fan favorite selection.
    @Predian
    He looked cool and wasn't an insta-dead storm trooper. Plus, he was literally the only bounty-hunter in the "line up" that got to move or have a scene.

What makes him cool is his mysterious nature. Then, yes, he goes out like a chump.

Ladies loved him and he could fly.
    tumblr_n1ixxa533v1rhlsdeo1_400.gif

• Boba was cool, the prequels ruined him, all his cool exploits are non canon, and he was basically not a factor in the storyline. He should be as OP as RG and Rey, and fotp, and GS. He's not a Jedi, so he should be unstoppable in this game.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member

Head first into a metal window. He should have purchased the stabilizer DLC for his jetpack :)
  • Jman1701
    103 posts Member
    Easy answer for the game is to give Boba some clone synergy. I do understand the arguments against and the do make sense. Only counter I have (other than its an easy fix in the game) is that he was probably trained much more like the ARC clone commandos that had Mandalorian mercenaries like Kal Skirata (awesome EU character!).

Cody would be great but tough to differentiate from Rex since he should be a support style character. I would actually like to see Jango and have him classified as an attacker with high TM speed and some utility abilities.
  • Predian wrote: »

The small roles he played in those movies are just a minute facet of the character. People forget there are other platforms besides feature films.

• Darthenstein
    1205 posts Member
    edited May 2016

He should have purchased the stabilizer DLC for his jetpack :)

He refreshed Shipments a few times and finally managed to purchase a stabilizer together with 4 shards of Plo Koon.

dfgobXU.gif

• Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    He fights his way out of the Sarlacc.

His armor is legendary.

He is seen on film living with clones, where they train intensively as children, and the definition of clone is exact DNA.

The tag is Clone, not Republic Army Clone.

Canon is really a side point, however. Would it break the game to give him this synergy? Empire synergy?
  • We clone users don't want him. He blows.