13Next

Replies

• Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Timitock wrote: »
    He fights his way out of the Sarlacc.

His armor is legendary.

He is seen on film living with clones, where they train intensively as children, and the definition of clone is exact DNA.

The tag is Clone, not Republic Army Clone.

Canon is really a side point, however. Would it break the game to give him this synergy? Empire synergy?

Cannon is a side point.
    Wrong on first three cannon points.

Disney has stated only the movies/clone wars/rebels are considered cannon.
    1. Fighting his way out is EU. Without a movie or an appearance in Rebels, he is technically still dead. Disney will obviously revive him later, but the story might change.
    2. Armor is Mandalorian. Several people have this exact same armor. Not legendary.
    3. Did not actually live with clones. Lived with Jengo Fett who wasn't a clone. He lived "around" clones, but not with them. He did not also take or have ANY of their training (such as believing himself to be expendable, for starters).

This message brought to you by Turtle Power!
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    I agree, he should be designated a clone
  • Generally the synergies are built around similar/compatible training (Jedi, Sith, Clones, Nightsister, Droid) or tribal/cultural similarities (Ewok, Jawa, Scoundrel) or straight up chain of command type hierarchy (Empire, Rebel, Resistance)

Boba really doesn't fit, because he is by canon not trained or imprinted as a Clone, even though genetically he is a clone by definition. Characters with the clone synergy in this game reflect similar "accelerated growth and training" via imprinting of tactics and orders that Boba was never exposed to. He never trained in a clone unit, served with clones or would know clone tactics.

Boba not having clone synergies is highly fluff-supported.

All good ideas and I agree about the synergy, but to your last point.. Boba did train with clones and learn their tactics.. If you watch the Clone Wars TV show.. There's a solid 2-3 episode event where Boba trains at a young age with several other clone children. They doing firing and other tests that he excels at. Hes playing the role of double agent (with the Bounty Hunters to get back at Mace for his dad) at the time but he absolutely trains with them and learns clone tactics.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    gobears21 wrote: »

@gobears21
    I'd say change the tag, not his type.

Rex/5s/Cody are all technically troopers (as well as being clones). If anything, it should be a "Trooper" tag, which would allow Boba to be a clone and a scoundrel, but still not synergize with Troopers because he received none of their training.
  • Boba is an "unaltered" clone of Jango Fett whereas the other clones are altered with special coding to make them obey orders, work together (hence the synergy) and also secret coding like Order 66.
  • Some of the novels are now canon as well. The recent ones. Aftermath," "Tarkin" for example. Things with the Disney logo I think.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Maver1ck wrote: »
    Generally the synergies are built around similar/compatible training (Jedi, Sith, Clones, Nightsister, Droid) or tribal/cultural similarities (Ewok, Jawa, Scoundrel) or straight up chain of command type hierarchy (Empire, Rebel, Resistance)

Boba really doesn't fit, because he is by canon not trained or imprinted as a Clone, even though genetically he is a clone by definition. Characters with the clone synergy in this game reflect similar "accelerated growth and training" via imprinting of tactics and orders that Boba was never exposed to. He never trained in a clone unit, served with clones or would know clone tactics.

Boba not having clone synergies is highly fluff-supported.

All good ideas and I agree about the synergy, but to your last point.. Boba did train with clones and learn their tactics.. If you watch the Clone Wars TV show.. There's a solid 2-3 episode event where Boba trains at a young age with several other clone children. They doing firing and other tests that he excels at. Hes playing the role of double agent (with the Bounty Hunters to get back at Mace for his dad) at the time but he absolutely trains with them and learns clone tactics.

@Maarek_Stele
    I would disagree. He excelled at firing because he was trained directly by Jengo. He was only in the unit for a short time and even he was still "solo" during the training.

I would say, if they make "Young Boba" with the clone outfit, that he should get the clone tag and synergize with clones at that point. It would at least be themed.

We are talking about adult Boba though, which wouldn't have such synergies.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Toukai wrote: »
    gobears21 wrote: »

@gobears21
    I'd say change the tag, not his type.

Rex/5s/Cody are all technically troopers (as well as being clones). If anything, it should be a "Trooper" tag, which would allow Boba to be a clone and a scoundrel, but still not synergize with Troopers because he received none of their training.

all valid points.... I just want another dude that can go with my rex, echo and fives lol
  • Apparently for the new upcoming Boba-Movie in 2018, he uses a Thermal Detonator to get out of the Sarlacc.
  • Toukai wrote: »
    Maver1ck wrote: »
    Generally the synergies are built around similar/compatible training (Jedi, Sith, Clones, Nightsister, Droid) or tribal/cultural similarities (Ewok, Jawa, Scoundrel) or straight up chain of command type hierarchy (Empire, Rebel, Resistance)

I would say, if they make "Young Boba" with the clone outfit, that he should get the clone tag and synergize with clones at that point. It would at least be themed.

We are talking about adult Boba though, which wouldn't have such synergies.

See now that's the best idea I've seen so far, separate character "Young Boba" like Stormtrooper Han and Han Solo is now.
  • Just give everybody every tag. Why not at this point? For the love of Pete smdh
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Toukai wrote: »
    He fights his way out of the Sarlacc.

His armor is legendary.

He is seen on film living with clones, where they train intensively as children, and the definition of clone is exact DNA.

The tag is Clone, not Republic Army Clone.

Canon is really a side point, however. Would it break the game to give him this synergy? Empire synergy?

Cannon is a side point.
    Wrong on first three cannon points.

Disney has stated only the movies/clone wars/rebels are considered cannon.
    1. Fighting his way out is EU. Without a movie or an appearance in Rebels, he is technically still dead. Disney will obviously revive him later, but the story might change.
    2. Armor is Mandalorian. Several people have this exact same armor. Not legendary.
    3. Did not actually live with clones. Lived with Jengo Fett who wasn't a clone. He lived "around" clones, but not with them. He did not also take or have ANY of their training (such as believing himself to be expendable, for starters).

This message brought to you by Turtle Power!

If you are going to correct me, spell it right.

The EU is where the sarlacc fight happens and is not canon, you are right. There is also a book you can read, so... whatever

Mandalorian armor is legendary. Like from legends. Not like you can only have one. This point was directed at the costume replies.

He is seen on film, living in the place where clones are bred and trained. Jango was cunning, and pragmatic, and would have had Boba trained, without accelerating his growth, or curbing his individuality. It is reasonably assumed that this is part of the deal, otherwise, why would Jango remain? Boba was around 10, which implies he and Jango had been there for 10 years.

Your claim he was not trained there lacks evidentiary support. It is also somewhat irrelevant to game design and balance, making it a side point.
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    soneill73 wrote: »
    Predian wrote: »
    Is Boba the most overrated character in the star wars universe? He "catches" Han by alerting the Empire as to his whereabouts, and then he falls into a giant mouth in the sand in his first on screen combat. Why is this guy so popular?

If you were a kid in 1981 and into Star Wars then you wouldn't need to ask this.

I'm was 5 in 1981, but I was a kid and into star wars shortly after. And I loved Fett. Looking back, I just don't know why.
  • Predian wrote: »
    I'm was 5 in 1981, but I was a kid and into star wars shortly after. And I loved Fett. Looking back, I just don't know why.

Maybe due to his exceptional dancingskills!

7YFYvgy.jpg
  • Toukai wrote: »
    And by cool, you mean 30 seconds of screen time followed by being hit in the back of the head and falling into a hole.

boba.gif

• The issue is that him being a clone doesn't fit in with how the rest of the game works. Clones are all clone troopers from the prequel era. Empire are all associated with the empire in the original trilogy era. Resistance are all troops who all fought with the resistance in the Force Awakens era. Boba isn't a clone because the incarnation they picked isn't associated with clones from the clone war. The clone war was over long before the version of Boba that's in the game exists. He just doesn't fit in that era temporally and even fought against them when they both existed.

Other examples that don't fit like this would be giving Leia a Resistance synergy, JKA an Empire synergy or Vader/Dooku a Jedi synergy.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    @Darthenstein
    That made me laugh out loud at work.

Thanks for that, now I look like I am crazy.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Boba is a man of men. He is not a clone like the clone troopers. He is different. Oops, some people don't like that I saaaaaaaid thaaaaaat.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • godgiven45
    1093 posts Member
    Same reason why cup isn't a droid
  • The Man of Men agrees.

giphy.gif
  • DJJ
    367 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    DJJ wrote: »
    He'd be the lone DS clone. Most factions aren't both light and dark, if any.

Jawas and Droids mix Light and Dark Side synergy. Ahsoka does, too.

"The lone Dark Side Clone" actually seems appropriate.

Sorry I'm late coming back to this thread.

Jawas and Droids have synergy but they aren't the same faction. I don't think any single faction has members of both sides.

In fact, Jawas mostly have anti droid abilities.
  • What we really need to be asking here...is to give Sarge blue coloration like the rest of the guys. His green is just not right.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    I agree that Fett is in need of some improvement, but just adding Clone synergy won't really help. IMO, Fett's main problem is that he doesn't have a specific role to fill in a squad. He's a tank that isn't tanky, his damage is lackluster, he's slow, and his AoE ability block is too easily resisted with his low potency (@G8, 40%) and 80% chance to inflict. As icing on the cake, his unique ability to revive just means that he gets killed a few more times, absorbing a few attacks if the attacker even bothers at all with him.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Should change his basic to his EE-3 and whatever debuff comes with it, and turn his basic rocket launcher into a special. Dude has a sick blaster rifle, use it
  • MayCM
    124 posts Member
    Because he is not a clone? Asking why Chewie is not a Sith would be similar.
  • I think Boba Fett isn't a clone because his name isn't CT-2169 "Boba T." or whatever crappy nicknames clones give each other.
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    There needs to be a bounty hunter synergy. And the bonus is extra credits lol
  • shampoo wrote: »
    There needs to be a bounty hunter synergy. And the bonus is extra credits lol

Then make a smuggler one while you're at it. The bonus can be spice.