Star Wars: Is Snoke Darth Plagueis?

Replies

• Breetai
    858 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I love some of these comments. Not trying to sound like a **** about this, but I'm about to.

You can tell who know star wars, and the people that watched the movies and think they know star wars. Star wars movies makes up about 2% of star wars lore. There is so much more about star wars than the movies. Heck everyone thinks sidious is the strongest sith ever, but I think it was Darth bane who killed all the sith to start the rule of 2. If your coming here and talking like you know all about star wars, then come here talking about knowing more than the 7 movies.

There have been plenty of dark side users that wasn't sith, and none of them have been any type of threat like a true sith. You don't become a sith by just waking up one day and saying " hey is use the dark side, I'm a sith lord".

One of the things that makes a sith a sith is all the hidden knowledge they have acquired. Sith are the most patient group of "bad guys" there is. They don't just go out and say fear me. They hide and build power and influence things from the shadows where no one knows even knows siths are alive. It was thousands of years for sith to come to power, and if not for palpatine being power hungry, and plaguies being as powerful as he was, the clone wars would not have happened. Plagueis was planning on a power move, and was doing it through banking clan, but palpatine was the one that wanted it all. Heck plegiues was going to be an adviser to palpatine, but rule from the shadows until plagueis was killed.

Let's face it, anything besides a true powerful sith lord has no chance against Luke. And snoke being a sith lord had to come from somewhere. If he isn't plegiues, or even sidious, then Disney is changing star wars up a little to much.
  • Leia and Luke weren't brother and sister when Empire was being filmed.

From Empire Strikes Back:
    [as Luke leaves before completing his training]
    Yoda: Told you I did. Reckless is he. Now, matters are worse.
    Obi-Wan: That boy is our last hope.
    Yoda: No. There is another.

That moment certainly implies that the filmmakers knew that - at the minimum - there was another Jedi they were thinking about. It certainly stands to reason that they would be thinking about someone the audience was already familiar with to solve that riddle, rather than bring in a brand new character no one is invested in.

So Leia.

As I type it out, I guess that it doesn't necessarily mean they were thinking they were siblings. But I have a hard time believing that they were setting up Leia as a Jedi without considering if she and Luke were linked some how.

Sorry, I know this is pretty tangental, but I just had to comment on it.

I always thought that it was Leia too, but what if it was Anikan? He was another hope to put a stop to the emperor.

Obi Wan didn't realise this as he didn't feel as strongly about the 'there's still good in him' idea.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • The prequels are canon, Rey has Plagueis' staff (too similar to be anything else), Plagueis and Snoke are Muuns—seems very likely that Snoke is Plagueis. Would be a waste if Abrams was just teasing fans with all these details.

Oh, and It seems clear that Luke is Rey's father. Who is the mother though?

A former student of Luke's that Kylo killed?

The result of an incestuous pairing between *shocker* Luke and Leia?

Or is Rey another Midi-chlorian half-breed, the REAL chosen one? (Anakin being a false prophet.)

Only Time. Will. Tell! :)
  • Elsario wrote: »
    The prequels are canon, Rey has Plagueis' staff (too similar to be anything else), Plagueis and Snoke are Muuns—seems very likely that Snoke is Plagueis. Would be a waste if Abrams was just teasing fans with all these details.

Thank you. Until now I'm the only one that pointed out plegiues and snoke are muuns.
  • Elsario
    29 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Breetai wrote: »
    Elsario wrote: »
    The prequels are canon, Rey has Plagueis' staff (too similar to be anything else), Plagueis and Snoke are Muuns—seems very likely that Snoke is Plagueis. Would be a waste if Abrams was just teasing fans with all these details.

Thank you. Until now I'm the only one that pointed out plegiues and snoke are muuns.

Yeah, I think Abrams modified Snoke's face so that it's bit more expressive, more human-like, just so audiences could better relate to the character, since he's going to be a major villain in future episodes.
  • Snoke looks nothing like a Muun. If anything, he looks like The Grand Inquisitor. A Pau'an.
  • Hey, that's my avatar, @Elsario. :( There can only be one HK-47, because he's the only one of his kind. Prepare to be terminated, meatbag imposter. B)
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Snoke looks nothing like a Muun. If anything, he looks like The Grand Inquisitor. A Pau'an.

He does look like a muun but with a shorter face. Not all muuns have long faces. Also we have no idea what side effects he would suffer by coming back to life.
  • Hey, that's my avatar, @Elsario. :( There can only be one HK-47, because he's the only one of his kind. Prepare to be terminated, meatbag imposter. B)
    Hey, that's my avatar, @Elsario. :( There can only be one HK-47, because he's the only one of his kind. Prepare to be terminated, meatbag imposter. B)

"This will only end in violence."

"I couldn't agree more Master, charging blasters..."

I guess we'll just have to pretend that HK managed to replicate himself at the droid factory from KOTOR2, though I'm not sure the universe is big enough for two HKs. :)

Cheers.

• Observation: One HK-47 unit alone is exceptionally deadly. Two would commit galactic scale genocide.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"

Hey, that's my avatar, @Elsario. :( There can only be one HK-47, because he's the only one of his kind. Prepare to be terminated, meatbag imposter. B)

I guess we'll just have to pretend that HK managed to replicate himself at the droid factory from KOTOR2, though I'm not sure the universe is big enough for two HKs. :)

Cheers.

IG88 copied himself into 3 other droids and a death star. I'm sure HK47 could do something similar.

Cheers.

IG88 copied himself into 3 other droids and a death star. I'm sure HK47 could do something similar.

Are you referring to EU storylines?

Dialogue in Kotor and Kotor 2 suggests Revan used his own brain patterns to form HK's personality and creative genius, so I'm not sure he's replicable. As the "pretender" pointed out, it's possible that two HK's would be too powerful, with the potential to bring about the destruction of the entire universe. :)
  • Keaven wrote: »
    pay2win wrote: »
    Doubt Snoke is a Sith. Especially hard to believe its Sid or Plague is. They have plenty of opportunities to create a new fresh bad guy. Why bring in some of the same old stuff?
    You mean like another exploding death star?

Or a jedi *coughReycough* related to a dark user *coughRencough*?

exactly, the reason he couldn't beat her in the forest is because their power in the force is derived from the same source, Anakin skywalker, so this makes them cousins, I believe it was easier for them to continue the lineage and storyline of characters we have already invested ourselves into rather than go far left field with too many new things to introduce. It seemed the movie went fast for 2 hours 16 minutes as it was.
  • Breetai wrote: »
    I love some of these comments. Not trying to sound like a **** about this, but I'm about to.

You can tell who know star wars, and the people that watched the movies and think they know star wars. Star wars movies makes up about 2% of star wars lore. There is so much more about star wars than the movies. Heck everyone thinks sidious is the strongest sith ever, but I think it was Darth bane who killed all the sith to start the rule of 2. If your coming here and talking like you know all about star wars, then come here talking about knowing more than the 7 movies.

There have been plenty of dark side users that wasn't sith, and none of them have been any type of threat like a true sith. You don't become a sith by just waking up one day and saying " hey is use the dark side, I'm a sith lord".

One of the things that makes a sith a sith is all the hidden knowledge they have acquired. Sith are the most patient group of "bad guys" there is. They don't just go out and say fear me. They hide and build power and influence things from the shadows where no one knows even knows siths are alive. It was thousands of years for sith to come to power, and if not for palpatine being power hungry, and plaguies being as powerful as he was, the clone wars would not have happened. Plagueis was planning on a power move, and was doing it through banking clan, but palpatine was the one that wanted it all. Heck plegiues was going to be an adviser to palpatine, but rule from the shadows until plagueis was killed.

Let's face it, anything besides a true powerful sith lord has no chance against Luke. And snoke being a sith lord had to come from somewhere. If he isn't plegiues, or even sidious, then Disney is changing star wars up a little to much.

I do love how much people think they know. Plagueis is dead. Dead as a doornail, smalls. I'm not too sure that Snoke is a Muun. Force-sensitive Muuns are hard to come but, a rare breed.
    The Emperor, Vitiate... he was the strongest Sith ever.
    I agree that Disney screwed the pooch when it came to declaring that the EU never existed and fans are fighting more than ever. However, screw the movies. I'm not a huge fan of them. I did love TFA though and am excited about what may come but for now I will continue to get all my Star Wars knowledge from the good ol' EU, because lets face it, it's better than anything they've ever put on screen and it makes more sense.
  • KTroy24 wrote: »
    Doubt Snoke is a Sith. Especially hard to believe its Sid or Plague is. They have plenty of opportunities to create a new fresh bad guy. Why bring in some of the same old stuff?

Because a "new bad" guy will always flail in comparison to the Sith as the enemy. The Sith are the ultimate enemies to the Jedi and are currently extinct unless you incorporate someone like Plagueis who is known to cheat death. That's the only logical way to continue the Sith Lineage. A new dark force user will never have the knowledge of the Dark side that the Sith have passed down in the last 1000 years.

It's obvious you know little about Star Wars lol
    Think you might realize how little you know in the next movies.
  • DarthDamon wrote: »

I do love how much people think they know. Plagueis is dead. Dead as a doornail, smalls. I'm not too sure that Snoke is a Muun. Force-sensitive Muuns are hard to come but, a rare breed.
    I agree that Disney screwed the pooch when it came to declaring that the EU never existed and fans are fighting more than ever. However, screw the movies. I'm not a huge fan of them. I did love TFA though and am excited about what may come but for now I will continue to get all my Star Wars knowledge from the good ol' EU, because lets face it, it's better than anything they've ever put on screen and it makes more sense.

Even before TFA was even announced I read that book, and after reading how plegieus died, I thought to myself, that's it? Really? They should bring him back to fight everyone as I've seen other sith lords die much worse and come back.

Then TFA comes along any there is snoke.

While I'm sticking with plegieus being snoke, there is one thing I have thought about after watching the movie, and the whole knights of fun.

I actually think Disney is replacing sith with knights of rin. I think Disney is working in there own system of good and evil, Jedi and sith. I think by the time its all done, Jedi and sith will be completely gone and replaced with something else completely. Because I think Disney wants this to be all there's.
  • Tears will flow from these self proclaimed Star Wars experts when they realize its never been about the Sith vs Jedi.
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Rey is Snoke's father!
  • pay2win wrote: »
    Tears will flow from these self proclaimed Star Wars experts when they realize its never been about the Sith vs Jedi.

lol ^

Can't beat POE and aren't willing to change strats to defeat him? Cry nerf lol
  • SlyBeats
    78 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Tears will flow from these self proclaimed Star Wars experts when they realize its never been about the Sith vs Jedi.
    @pay2win
    Hahaha what movies are you watching? What an i-di-ot haha
    You my friend are a new kind of stu-pid lol
    From Episode 1 to 6 it's been about the Sith coming back to power and secretly overthrowing the Jedi and they eventually do. But then the Jedi almost extinct make a return back with Luke to overthrow the empire.
    Like I said, you my friend are a new kind of stu-pid lol
    Please don't embarrass yourself with anymore posts :neutral:
    seriously devs? GW refresh change was a low blow for more $$$
  • pay2win
    624 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    SlyBeats wrote: »
    @pay2win
    Hahaha what movies are you watching? What an i-di-ot haha
    You my friend are a new kind of stu-pid lol
    From Episode 1 to 6 it's been about the Sith coming back to power and secretly overthrowing the Jedi and they eventually do. But then the Jedi almost extinct make a return back with Luke to overthrow the empire.
    Like I said, you my friend are a new kind of stu-pid lol
    Please don't embarrass yourself with anymore posts :neutral:

That's in the past. Disney owns this now.
    Edit: Its always been about balancing the force.
  • I understand you two have a bit of personal war going on so not really trying to jump in the middle, but you asked about movies as if that's all there is.

The movies make up maybe 2% of star wars lore. There is a ton of stuff out side the movies. That includes now Disney owns it.

3 books out now that is canon ( I expect some legends books to become canon, namely the books before esp. 1 as some characters are already considered canon).
    Clone wars cartoon series
    Star wars rebels cartoon series
    Marvel comics series

While star wars is a lot more than Jedi vs. Sith I agree, however Jedi vs. Sith is the main forefront of star wars
  • DarthDamon wrote: »

Perhaps a tad late, but Clone Wars ending Yoda encounters Darth Bane's ghost (voiced by Hamill lol) and he talks about the rule of 2 and refers to the current Sith Lord (Sidious) as the strongest Sith to have ever lived. So even discounting that dialogue, the rule of 2 imply that the last Sith to kill his master (Sidious, as Vader was never fully-turned ergo not a Sith) is supposed to be the strongest Sith.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    I can't wait to see how powerful Luke has become and hopefully how powerful Rey will be.
  • Breetai wrote: »
    I understand you two have a bit of personal war going on so not really trying to jump in the middle, but you asked about movies as if that's all there is.

The movies make up maybe 2% of star wars lore. There is a ton of stuff out side the movies. That includes now Disney owns it.

3 books out now that is canon ( I expect some legends books to become canon, namely the books before esp. 1 as some characters are already considered canon).
    Marvel comics series

While star wars is a lot more than Jedi vs. Sith I agree, however Jedi vs. Sith is the main forefront of star wars

How do the 7 movies make up only 2% when there is only 3 books, 2 TV series, and a comic series considered canon?

So what happens when there are no more Sith and one old Jedi left? Everyone lives happily ever after?
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    I understand you two have a bit of personal war going on so not really trying to jump in the middle, but you asked about movies as if that's all there is.

Marvel comics series

How do the 7 movies make up only 2% when there is only 3 books, 2 TV series, and a comic series considered canon?

So what happens when there are no more Sith and one old Jedi left? Everyone lives happily ever after?

I could be wrong but I thought that Snokes and Wren are not Sith. If no Jedi or Sith than I think there are other force users... But I'm not geek enough to say I know anything
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    The knights are not sith, kylo is not sith. Haven't seen anything definitive from jj saying snoke wasn't and he is the source against kylo and the knights.
  • pay2win wrote: »

Because until Disney rewrites the past ( which I really don't think they will ) it pretty much stands as canon. A lot of past characters are canon, I don't see them really rewriting there books as they already have stories. This is why I say the mo ies make up about 2% of star wars lore.

Now that all books that where written after after ROTJ have been completely throwen out the window, we will have to wait and see where Disney goes with it. Before plenty of force users, with a new Jedi order, jacen solo becoming a new whinny Darth Vader ( kylo anyone? ), and being killed by his sister jaina solo ( Rey? ) after tortureing Ben Skywalker ( maybe rey? ). But there have been plenty of jefi and sith ( including a sith planet full of poorly trained sith that had no idea what was going on in the galaxy )

J7000 wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I thought that Snokes and Wren are not Sith. If no Jedi or Sith than I think there are other force users... But I'm not geek enough to say I know anything

As I said. I think Disney is doing away with sith and jedi for there own titled good/bad guys. But I do believe snoke is a sith, and he is the one that will do away with the sith for something else, just like Luke will make something else besides jedi, seeing how his jedi failed.

And there are plenty of other force users, night sisters is an example of that, and quite honestly way to many to even name. All with thier own beliefs.
  • I think they done a good job in keeping us very devided on who the bad guys are. This alone shows how good this movie was. I can't wait for the next, Also we did see sidios died so Sidois fan boy please go to sleep, Also worst EU book ever was the whole clone Sidious. Such terrible writing and dead end logic. Only one was able to pull it off in the sci fi genre is Command and conquer Tibirum Wars brand with Kane leader and founder of the brother hood of Nod, i saw that rip off a mile away and hit basically makes Vaders Death very pointless.
  • LORDLIZAMA wrote: »
    I think they done a good job in keeping us very devided on who the bad guys are. This alone shows how good this movie was. I can't wait for the next, Also we did see sidios died so Sidois fan boy please go to sleep, Also worst EU book ever was the whole clone Sidious. Such terrible writing and dead end logic. Only one was able to pull it off in the sci fi genre is Command and conquer Tibirum Wars brand with Kane leader and founder of the brother hood of Nod, i saw that rip off a mile away and hit basically makes Vaders Death very pointless.

We saw Darth Maul "die" in a similar way. He ended up being alive.