Team help

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to the whole strategy **** so I was just wondering if y'all had some suggestions to get a better team for PvP and/or GWs.

I'm currently using these guys (haven't been playing for that long so I'm not that powerful yet):
- Sidious 5* and gear lv 5 (LEADER)
- Chewie 4* and gear lv 5
- Jawa 3* and gear lv 5
- Resistance Trooper 3* and gear lv 5
- Luminara 4* and gear lv 6

I'm busy with getting shards for Sid and Lumi, as well as upgrading their gear lvl.
I also think that I'll probably have to either get my Jawa and RT upgraded really fast or replace them with other toons.

Any suggestions?
Cheers!

Replies

• Captain phasma is really good support , very strong and probably one of the top 3 supports in game (replace resistance trooper) phasma can same /more DMG and give your team more turns with a nice speed slow
  • Captain phasma is really good support , very strong and probably one of the top 3 supports in game (replace resistance trooper) phasma can same /more DMG and give your team more turns with a nice speed slow

I've used Phasma (same lv as RT, 3* and gear lv 5) a couple of times and I noticed that most of the time she doesn't hit as much as my RT. I also seem to miss RT's opportunity strike, which is a pretty decent special attack. Might Phasma be a better long term option? (as in getting shards and gearing up makes her stronger than RT?)

As for the more turns, I need to put her as leader for that right? I'm not so fond of giving up my Sid's crit increase since that's a really good leader ability.

Any other suggestions? :)

• 1. Phasma's primary function is support, not damage (though she can deal a reasonable amount of damage once her normal attack is upgraded and have Advantage). She works very well with assist/counter/stun heroes such as Dooku, Daka and Fives
    2. I don't think it is officially proven, but there are a lot of speculations on lower-star heroes struggling to apply detrimental effects on higher-star heroes
    3. Higher gear level obviously helps as potency would increase
    4. Jawa is decent, but you won't see him in the end game. Not really worth investing into him
    5. Resistance Trooper is not as good as he once used to be - after getting fixed. Genosian Soldier, Luke or FOTP (though he is difficult to farm) are probably better options when it comes to burst damage
    6. There is a post by Team Instinct which shares their study on Phasma vs. Sid. Suggest you have a read (follow their post on how speed works and you can find this post in their website)
  • obiwan1011 wrote: »
    1. Phasma's primary function is support, not damage (though she can deal a reasonable amount of damage once her normal attack is upgraded and have Advantage). She works very well with assist/counter/stun heroes such as Dooku, Daka and Fives
    obiwan1011 wrote: »
    6. There is a post by Team Instinct which shares their study on Phasma vs. Sid. Suggest you have a read (follow their post on how speed works and you can find this post in their website)

I've just read the article from Team Instinct and I can see that Phasma might be a great leader investment, so I might be putting her up as leader. Still keeping Sid in, gotta love his prevent healing :)
    obiwan1011 wrote: »
    4. Jawa is decent, but you won't see him in the end game. Not really worth investing into him
    5. Resistance Trooper is not as good as he once used to be - after getting fixed. Genosian Soldier, Luke or FOTP (though he is difficult to farm) are probably better options when it comes to burst damage

If Jawa isn't worth the investment, who would be a good toon to replace him with? As I'm probably replacing RT with Phasma, do you suggest using on of the replacement you suggested for RT as a replacement for Jawa?

Thanks for your help!