Party Time! (or Phase 1 T6 raid strategy guide)

Prev1
Given the dearth of raid strategy material out there, especially written guides with specifics, I wanted to share some insights.

Special thanks to Medetec, GL of Hera's Cell, both for being a great guild leader and for pointing the way to the key pieces to this plan.

Let's begin --

Plan: Party Time! Or, Teebo steals all the Turn Meter

Summary: This is a team designed to maximize score in Phase 1 of a T6 (or easier) raid vs. the Gamorrean Captain. The team is built to maximize the chances of a “Party Time!” (stealthed Teebo hitting the Captain and stealing 75% TM.) This means the Captain is taking far fewer turns than your team, which allows you to maximize damage. I’ve scored a high of 1.86 million in one battle in T6 with this strategy and eclipsing 1 million is common.

Note the strategies here do apply to Tier 6 and below, but do not necessarily apply to Heroic, where Turn Meter strategies are far less effective.

Also note that all the characters here are reasonably farmed through shipments of one type or another...you do not need a strict Ewok team to accomplish great results.

Essentials:
  1. Teebo as leader with omega in leadership skill.
  2. QGJ with omega in basic.
  3. Fives for slow on basic. RG is potentially an ok substitute though mine is G8 and his slow is very unreliable on captain.
  4. 1 High DPS – I use Rey, but a high 86 or GS will probably also work (and might even be better, see below)
  5. This assumes every char is at least G9, G8 will struggle more to land effects (generally).

My team:
  1. Teebo, G9, 80, 7 stars, omega leadership
  2. QGJ, G10, 80, 7 stars, omega in basic
  3. Fives, G9, 80, 6 stars, no omegas
  4. Rey, G9, 80, 6 stars, omega in basic
  5. Phasma, G8, 7 stars, no omega

General Description:

The plan is to maximize Teebo’s ability on his basic to remove 75% TM when stealthed…most other pieces of this team – QGJ, Fives, Phasma – are there to increase the number of times Teebo can do his basic attack. I’ll break up the description into a number of sub-sections –

1. Getting to the Captain alone –

The first hurdle is to kill the Guard and the Brute leaving you alone with the Captain. This is a part where if it doesn’t go smoothly you absolutely should reset and try again. You shouldn’t lose anyone here, and if you do, start over. One key concept here is while you are focused on killing the guards, you have two goals with the captain –
  • Get speed down on the captain either through Fives or Phasma. This must happen as soon as possible. The difference between speed down on captain throughout and not is the difference between a failed run and a successful one.
  • If you have an opportunity to reduce TM on captain through QGJ or Teebo, take it…the less TM the Captain has the better your run will be.

But outside of those two things, you want to kill both adds as soon as possible, which then gets you to the captain alone. Now it’s Party Time.

2. Party Time –

Party time is when a stealthed Teebo hits the captain stealing virtually all of his TM. It’s basically the equivalent of a stun, which is really, really powerful (there’s a reason stun doesn’t work on captain). QGJ’s basic attack having a 65% chance of removing 30% TM is nice, but what it’s really there for is to set up another Teebo attack. The first time you see Teebo land a stealth basic and remove all TM from Captain, you’ll understand how simple and powerful this strategy is. That said, let’s walk through each character a bit --

QGJ

Normally it’s correct to use QGJ’s Harmonious Assault every time it’s open – QGJ’s assist attack is one of the very best in the game. That is not true here. Much of the time it’s better to use his basic attack. There are a few exceptions to this –
  • When the captain has no TM.
  • When Teebo is stealthed, and will already act before the captain…you have a 25% chance of triggering a Teebo attack with Harmonious Assault – take it, since you’re getting another free opportunity with Teebo’s turn.

Outside of those considerations, basic attack away! Dispel is almost never called for, and only use it when necessary (yes, offense up for two turns is good, but captain not taking turns is better)

Teebo

With Teebo you want to maximize his chances of being stealthed so that you can enjoy the longest Party Time you can. This means never using his stealth ability if he auto-grants it to himself, but when he doesn’t auto-grant it, and if the captain has TM, then use his stealth ability and then basic attack. Note that when the Captain has no TM I will save stealth.

Also note that there can be a visual display bug where Teebo is shadowed out, but does not have the stealth icon over his head. He is not stealthed! This mistake can be fatal so watch out for it.

Fives

Fives’s main job is to apply speed down to captain (which is an essential piece, as mentioned above). I don’t have his basic omegaed…it’s nice to have but it’s not essential. His assist attack is nice, in that it usually triggers either more Rey damage or QGJ TM reduction or even more Party Time with Teebo!

Rey

Press buttons -- do damage. No, really, do lots and lots and lots of damage. Plus more damage. OMG, the damage.

Phasma

I think Phasma is the most expendable character here, though it may be she’s more essential than it appears at first glance. Phasma’s main use is to do a well-timed Victory March to jump QGJ and Teebo ahead of captain to allow Teebo another chance at Party Time. Yes, the other characters going again and the guaranteed criticals aren’t bad, but they’re just cherries on top of the Teebo Sundae. A few times I’ve had Phasma Victory March into QGJ who hit’s with his basic allowing Teebo to reduce Captain’s TM to zero. It’s a magical feeling.

So that means you don’t want to use Victory March every time it’s open. It’s often correct to save it to maximize the possibility of having Teebo fire.

She has some secondary use to apply defense down, and some tertiary use to apply speed down if for some reason Fives hasn’t done it yet. Remember, you want Captain always having speed down.

3. Other Issues

Dealing with Deathmark – but how do you deal with deathmark, you say? You don’t. When the plan is executed well, the deathmark fades before the captain ever gets a chance to hit you. When the plan is working really well, you *love* when he applies deathmark because he didn’t apply any other pressure.

All that said, Teebo and Fives can both take a few DM hits from captain alone, so no worries.

More adds – at some point the captain will summon more adds, and you want to approach it the same way you did the first time, get rid of them as quickly as possible, while still trying to TM-manage the captain as much as possible.

Wearing down -- Sadly the captain will at some point take turns. Teebo might not have stealth up enough times or might get resisted too many times…at some point the engine breaks down L Note it doesn’t break down as quickly as you might think – Teebo and Fives both have a ton of hps, Rey’s foresight helps with the adds…even when you have most of your team below half-health you’ll be amazed how with a few lucky Party Times you can still get another 500k damage. Once the captain hits enrage, *and* he summons adds, it’s time to go. Try your escapes, and thank your wonderful team for all the beautiful party times you enjoyed together.

Other phases -- This team is a fine team to use in other phases, I got 500k in T6 phase 4, which I’ve never come close to with any other team, but where it shines is phase

4. Ways to Upgrade:

Obviously, continuing to gear/star/skill/level your people to their maximum ability is best, but here are some possible useful upgrades –
  • Put an omega in Teebo’s basic for 100% TM removal
  • Put an omega in Phasma’s Victory March for -1 cooldown to better enable it to be up when you need it.
  • Obviously having best Rey (or similar DPS) will maximize damage, including omegas in everything.
  • It’s possible that 86 or GS is slightly better than Rey because of their assist. Anything that increases chances of a stealthed Teebo hitting captain is a good thing. That said, Rey might very well be better because of her speed and damage, and you certainly can’t go wrong with her.

I hope this helps! Feel free to add your own suggestions/insights/strategies!

Replies

• kbonifay
    392 posts Member
    very nice my friend. thank you for taking the time to write this up for the community.
    +1
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Very Nice write up.
    Throwing my 2 cents in:
    With TMR you don't really need DPS, will make it go faster but using a TMR team you are in for the long haul.

A good TMR most people ignore is Chewbacca. He has 70% potency at G8 and with omega on his basic has 55% chance to remove 50% TM.

5's is better without Omega on his basic. This minimizes the TM the captain will get when he attacks.

Omega Teebo's leader ability. This increases the chance of gaining 25% TM at end of turn from 25% to 50%. Speeds up the whole team.

With Speed down on the captain if his TM is at 25% or less don't stealth teebo if he is not already stealth. There is normally time for it to come back to teebo to see if he gets free stealth.

If using Rey save her flurry of blows till it is coming back to teebo and he will have scramble tactics avaialble. Captian TM goes up every time he takes damage and with flurry of blows that can be 4 times which is 20% TM.

While elder is not essential and you can do a lot of damage without him you can do more with him. His basic will speed up Teebo. with Omega on his basic he speeds up everyone. Also helps to heal QGJ who does not have health steal. Elder has become easier to get with his addition to the guild shop.

Great FTP TMR team for T6 and below would be Teebo (l), QGJ, 5's, Chewy, Elder.
  • Sungsta
    163 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Excellent strategy. Pretty much what I've been doing hahaha (pats self on back).

In place of phasma i've been using ackbar. You r right about not needing to dispel most of the time, but sometimes rng can be unfavorable at the wrong time, so ackbar is helpful in this regard. His tactical genius lets me give extra turns to rey for more ungodly damage.

I suspect rex is probably even better than ackbar for his additional tm reduction. Now that he is appearing in shipments, I am sorely tempted to buy him when he appears. Do you think I should take the plunge?

P.s. Rarely, there maybe occasions where I hold off on finishing off the 2nd supporting pig - say when teebo has lost his stealth, his stealth special is still on cooldown, and the captain is going to take his turn next. Leaving the second pig alive lets the captain cast his offence up ability, and u can use teebo to dispel it from the captain to reduce tm again. Yes his support might live a little longer to get another hit in, but the tradeoff if another reliable tm reduction on the captain, as well as one less hit from the captain (if u kill the 2nd support, the captain will just attack instead of casting his buff).
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Sungsta wrote: »
    Excellent strategy. Pretty much what I've been doing hahaha (pats self on back).

In place of phasma i've been using ackbar. You r right about not needing to dispel most of the time, but sometimes rng can be unfavorable at the wrong time, so ackbar is helpful in this regard. His tactical genius lets me give extra turns to rey for more ungodly damage.

I suspect rex is probably even better than ackbar for his additional tm reduction. Now that he is appearing in shipments, I am sorely tempted to buy him when he appears. Do you think I should take the plunge?

Yes!!.
    IMO the ultimate team is Teebo, QGJ, 5's, Rex, Elder
  • Davo9999
    20 posts Member
    Same strategy except use yoda instad of Phasma. He can do tm and protect your team also deal some good damage
  • Romao33
    121 posts Member
    Did you ever try to get rid of your DPS (Rey) and replace it by Tusken Raider (TM reduction on his basic + assist on his special)?

I was thinking of something like this. Nice guide anyway, thanks for sharing :)
  • Davo9999 wrote: »
    Same strategy except use yoda instad of Phasma. He can do tm and protect your team also deal some good damage

Will this strategy work with
    Teebo, phasma , yoda , 4* fives, and GS?
  • isreal
    200 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    Yes!!.

Who would you (or anyone) recommend in place of QGJ?

Is he there solely for pulls? Could I use Leia instead?
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    isreal wrote: »
    Yes!!.

I would not recommend anyone in his place. QGJ is there for TMR. At G8 he has 140% potency. Highest potency of any charater with TMR on basic, I am pretty sure. He is also very fast

With TMR more with TMR on basic the better.

Edit: He is also helpful to remove taunts and kill off minions.
  • Chiquard
    108 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Thank you so much man, this strategy works GREAT. Just did 750 000 in one battle (Tier V) with Teebo lead, QGJ, RG, GS and Phasma. Didn't even have an omega on Teebo's basic or leader skill but it did the job !
    Team MèreDooku [Fr]
    Recruiting now ! Send me an ally request : 557 787 579
  • isreal
    200 posts Member
    Yes!!.

I would not recommend anyone in his place. QGJ is there for TMR. At G8 he has 140% potency. Highest potency of any charater with TMR on basic, I am pretty sure. He is also very fast

Well, I guess I know where the next 5 rounds of ability mats are going

Thanks!
  • scuba wrote: »
    Yes!!.

I am thinking clone sergeant might be good if you dont have QGJ. Suppressive fire is a nice TMR attack and it pops every 3rd turn I beleive.

Teebo, Fives, Phasma, Yoda, C Sergeant might be a viable alternate team to this.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Excellent guide (and follow up suggestions). I've been using this for the past few raids and it works well.
    I'm going to have to build up Elder and Tusken Raider to test them.
  • Sarryen
    474 posts Member
    Just to add, if using Ewok Elder then the TM gains for your team can also add up significantly if you omega his basic attack:

Guiding Strike
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 60% chance to gain 50% Turn Meter, grant other Ewok allies half that amount, and grant other allies 10% Turn Meter.
  • papnwors
    749 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Thanks for this, I've been avoiding P1 like the plague and have enough shards to 7* my teebo but haven't had much of a reason to invest the credits until now.

Much appreciated!
    Post edited by papnwors on
  • Paxoxo4
    47 posts Member
    Nice guide.
    +1
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I would consider replacing Phasma with Tusken Raider. That provides yet another basic TR reduction, an assist to bring in Teebo more frequently, and better damage. While it increases the risk of losing slow I think it's overall got more potential since the sole focus on a TM reduction team should be on maximizing TR after he is slowed so that he never, ever speeds up.

Keep in mind when Fives uses his assist he will call Teebo, Rey, QGJ, or TR making his assist now a TR reduction skill or big damage skill.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    @chelflicker ; great write up, thanks for sharing. I wasn't aware of the ghost stealth issue and will be sure to pay more attention. My g8 Teebo seems to have very little potency at reducing TM but also think he was suffering from ghost stealth problem.
  • Stingray
    107 posts Member
    Excellent write up!

Much appreciated.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    I use teebo lead, chirpa, elder, qgj, and fives. Omega qgj basic and teebo's leader and about to do elder's basic that gives TM up to all allies. Sometimes phasma for fives depending on my mood.

These fights last long but are so much fun and deals so much damage. And chirpas attack that calls ewoks is fantastic when teebo is stealthed. Plus it gives speed up.
  • But Teebo doesnt get additional potency on G9? And gets resisted quite often
    by the pig leader.
  • Any thoughts on Hoth Rebel Scout instead of Phasma? I know his turn meter boosts for allies is not guaranteed, but he's an overall much better attacker than Phasma
  • OoUndead
    212 posts Member
    Any thoughts on Hoth Rebel Scout instead of Phasma? I know his turn meter boosts for allies is not guaranteed, but he's an overall much better attacker than Phasma

The good thing with Phasma is that his abilities helps way more than HRS ! VM in case Teebo is just after the pig, so he can reduce his tm! He got another speed in case 5s /rg get resisted. And he got defense down, which is awesome for Rey :D !

So I really do Like Phasma in this team comp !
  • Awesome post mate. I think this deserves to be sticked in strategy section. And that's good this is a complete FTP team. Thx
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    I've just worked this out recently for myself, can you please stop telling everyone! :smile:
  • Mol_Sign
    142 posts Member

Replace Fives with Jawa (higher potency) and you're good through t7, although I have tried GS in t7 instead of elder (will try elder soon).
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Mol_Sign wrote: »

Replace Fives with Jawa (higher potency) and you're good through t7, although I have tried GS in t7 instead of elder (will try elder soon).

Thanks. I am actually going to doing that. Ran T7 and had to swap 5's out for phasma to get speed down on captain. What a waste of phasma.
  • Sol_Biru
    22 posts Member
    Am I the only one using Chirpa?
    Teebo, Elder, Chirpa, RG, GS

Omega Teebo basic, but other then that GS is Vanila but his damage is good and his assist calls Teebo 25% of the time. Chirpa gets me a decent attack, a heal, and SpeedUp. Elder is only lvl 55 :) but he has been my only way to get rid of the mark. Working on him and Ackbar and will try them out. I have no QGJ but I might start farming him since I am done my current task in Cantina.

IMO if you have Teebo, and a TMR, then everything else is gravy.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Sol_Biru wrote: »
    Am I the only one using Chirpa?
    Teebo, Elder, Chirpa, RG, GS

Omega Teebo basic, but other then that GS is Vanila but his damage is good and his assist calls Teebo 25% of the time. Chirpa gets me a decent attack, a heal, and SpeedUp. Elder is only lvl 55 :) but he has been my only way to get rid of the mark. Working on him and Ackbar and will try them out. I have no QGJ but I might start farming him since I am done my current task in Cantina.

IMO if you have Teebo, and a TMR, then everything else is gravy.

Good team. More TMR the better. Very helpful with teebo broke leader ability where he comes out of stealth a turn early and then skips the next 2 or 3 not stealthing him self.

Elder is better than Ackbar, once fixed, IMO.
    Speeds up teebo
    Revives and heals (helpful for when using QGJ)
    Clears death mark (most of the time).

I was using chirpa for a while and only switched him out once I got QGJ basic with an omega on it.

RG is good can apply speed down (50%) and can stun minions. 5's is better here, T6 and below, as he can always apply speed down, and another assist caller to call TMR character. I am actually working on Jawa to use in place of 5's