Gear farming made impossible on purpose?

2Next

Replies

• fudgra
    982 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    It comes out to about the same amount of crystals to buy gear in the store as it would if you used them for energy for gear farming.

This game makes money off impatience. Make things slow enough and it drives people mad with impatience until they crack and buy crystals. There have been countless threads about horrible drop rates since forever and it will never change.
  • Ok so I have a proposal to make gear farming make a little more sense. Simply put: increase the drop rate as more energy is spent on getting a particular piece of gear.

The game knows which piece of gear you are after, right? So it can keep track of how much energy you have spent trying to get it. You start at a base drop rate of 1. As soon as you spend, say, 100 energy the drop rate increases to 1.1. Another 100 and it increases to 1.2. Another 100 and it increases to 1.5.

Maybe it already works that way...
    Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side.
  • The obtainable purple gear drop rate is bad enough. I stopped using the crystals in energy refreshes for the gear (just 1 a day for the 600 guild contribution). I farm shards, some gear with the extra energy, but mainly I obtain stun gun/cuffs prototypes, furnaces... in the shipments saving the crystals.
    I found is the most efficient and less frustating way, even for a F2P as me.
    That's my opinion. Maybe someone else ha better advice or has run some numbers and proven a better way.
  • Data
    12 posts Member
    I would assume they will squeeze every cent out of us that they can until we are bleeding from all orifices. When we finally reach critical mass and start drifting away, they will start easing up. Trouble is, I don't see that happening anytime soon. Though I am about to start drifting away myself, so maybe the time is nigh. I have been squeezed pretty tight, and though I did just buy a vault, I am fearing that it will be my last. LIke most addictions, costs are starting to exceed return.
  • Nervi
    57 posts Member
    Of course dude, they added gear to shop for pay to play players, so they had to nerf drop chances for f2p players, we have suffered 4 drop chance nerfs since i data mine everyday on a 5 refill basis, from 33% on purple scraps on january to 18% after last patch ninja nerf.

Ofc these changes are never reflected, because not only they are bad developers, they are also big cowards.
  • To the OP:
    There are 26 toons you can get to gear 9 without any raid gear at all.
    Chief Chirpa
    Clone Wars Chewbacca
    CT-5555 Fives
    Darth Vader
    Datcha
    First Order Stormtrooper
    General Veers
    Genidian Soldier
    Grand Master Yoda
    Hoth Rebel Scout
    Hoth Rebel Soldier
    IG-100 MangaGuard
    Ima-Gun-Di
    Jawa
    Jawa Engineer
    Jedi Knight Gaurdian
    Kit Fisto
    Kylo Ren
    Lobot
    Magmatrooper
    Nightsister Initiate
    Obi-Wan(Old Ben)
    Plo Koon
    Stormtrooper
    Teebo
    Tusken Raider

There are also 31 toons you can get to gear 10 with just ONE raid piece
    Aayla
    Barriss Offee
    Captain Phasma
    Clone Wars Chewbacca
    CT-5555 Fives
    CT7567 Rex
    Darth Vader
    Datcha
    Finn
    First Order Officer
    First Order Stormtrooper
    Genisian Soldier
    Grand Moff Tarkin
    Hoth Rebel Soldier
    IG-100 MangaGuard
    Ima-Gun-Di
    Jedi Knight Anakin
    Kit Fisto
    Lobot
    Luke Skywalker
    Mace Windu
    Magmatrooper
    Nightsister Acolyte
    Obi-Wan(Old Ben)
    Poggle the Lesser
    Resistance Trooper
    Savage Opress
    Snowtrooper
    talia
    Teebo
    Tusken Raider

You don't have to pay to upgrade guys, you need to be realistic about what you can do. This game is meant to be a grind(IE take a long time to complete) if you want instant satisfaction go play Candy Crush.
  • CronozNL wrote: »
    After they got most people spending a lot already, they expect us to spend more for less value.

I remember the time where Dooku was offered for $5 and nearly everyone bought him (even my 100% f2p friend which wasn't that f2p at the time maybe).
    Anyway that was the best offer they ever made. The rest is just a blatant ripoff. I would probably enjoy flushing my money through the toilet more because then I can actually see it getting wasted.

This is also known as cashgrab. Get people addicted, lure them in with nice prices and reasonable progression at first, don't increase rewards (credits) according to content/progression, charge insane prizes if you want to stay competetive, make events targetted for the people that spend (in the hope they will spend more), create an artificial gear gap between players so they are fighting with a handicap for months to make them spend.
    Do I need to continue?

Nicely said
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Buy it in shipments. Thats EA's solution
  • Kebab
    179 posts Member
    JoseIrimia wrote: »
    The obtainable purple gear drop rate is bad enough. I stopped using the crystals in energy refreshes for the gear (just 1 a day for the 600 guild contribution). I farm shards, some gear with the extra energy, but mainly I obtain stun gun/cuffs prototypes, furnaces... in the shipments saving the crystals.
    I found is the most efficient and less frustating way, even for a F2P as me.
    That's my opinion. Maybe someone else ha better advice or has run some numbers and proven a better way.
    Think i'm going to the same it seems way less frustrating indeed

• I dont mind spending a little money on the game due to the fact that this is mainly the only game i play kinda done with console games as of now...but for younger kids and ppl who dont want to spend money this game def tried to steal your money...just gotta make sure u dont get **** in...ive played this game when it frist game out prb dropped 100$ on it but def not spending another dime on it def not worth more than 50$ spent
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Nervi wrote: »
    Of course dude, they added gear to shop for pay to play players, so they had to nerf drop chances for f2p players, we have suffered 4 drop chance nerfs since i data mine everyday on a 5 refill basis, from 33% on purple scraps on january to 18% after last patch ninja nerf.

Ofc these changes are never reflected, because not only they are bad developers, they are also big cowards.

They didn't nerf drop rates, they were always that bad. The gear in the shipments is actually a good thing because it's more cost effective than spending crystals on refreshes especially once you hit level 80
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Buy a vault of crystals. Buy:
    1. Mk5 furnaces
    2. Mk5 stun gun prototypes
    3. Mk6 mer sonn shield generator
    4. Mk5 mer sonn thermal detonator prototype
    5. Mk3 Stun cuffs

If u buy these parts when u need them and when they naturally pop up, and that is it, u will spend 30 a month.

Do it. U know u want to. You will also start buying 200 cantina refresh and 100 energy, though. So youbwill run out of crystals in a month.
    Post edited by LastJedi on
  • To the OP:
    There are 26 toons you can get to gear 9 without any raid gear at all.

You don't have to pay to upgrade guys, you need to be realistic about what you can do. This game is meant to be a grind(IE take a long time to complete) if you want instant satisfaction go play Candy Crush.

Thanks for the list. Very useful.
  • [quote=They didn't nerf drop rates, they were always that bad. The gear in the shipments is actually a good thing because it's more cost effective than spending crystals on refreshes especially once you hit level 80[/quote]

In my experience, the drop rates are lower, for purple bacta gels, holoprojectors, carbani... Around 1/6 or 1/7. Before where like 1/4 or 1/5. Maybe I am biased due to short numbers (not run it 1000 times), but that's the impression I have.
  • I get that they need to find ways to get people to pay to support the game. But where the devs might be missing the forest for the trees is that collecting gear is NOT FUN! Shards and levels are still a grind, but you get regular payouts and it's kind of to watch your own slow progress. But spending 100 energy and not getting a single Mk8 weapons mod or Mk3 stun cuff is simply frustrating and not fun at all.