We all seen the movie ok? Time to buff Chewies Bowcaster = NOW

Xceptor
55 posts Member
edited January 2016
Ok we all know and seen the movie toy-selling-advertisment of Chewies Bowcaster and Han solo's fixation with its epicness. Even Kylo ren managed to get shot and almost killed by it. Even with his powers he couldnt heal the damage and almost lost a fight vs 2 noobs: a) a non force Ex stormtrooper b) A noob scavenger with cute face and a staff.
So ye, having chewie in this game wielding the most epic of weapons and shooting like a Water gun feel anti-climatic
Pls fix it:
Some proposals I have that tie in with the movie:
1.Gun shots give healing immunity
2.Gun does good damage to 1 target, and AOE small damage to Everyone (its a also a problem due 3.to counterattacks)
3.Gun does EPIC damage to 1 target and gives a Damage over time debuff
4.Bowcaster does exceptional damage (double) vs Imperial characters and sith
5. Gun makes opposing Han solo to dance uncontrollably and lose 3 turns, make Friendly Han solo to assist by stealing the bowcaster and shooting with it
6. Does no damage to EWOKs (oh ye)
7. Suggestions? "Make it so"
Whatever you do, Chewies Bowcaster MUST be buffed a LOT. Its an iconic part of the movie

Replies

• If your going off the movies then darth sidious should be nearly able to solo a 5 man team
  • If we were going strictly by the movies there would be a lot of buffing and nerfing required. It's not meant to be taken literally. Phasma and Ren would hardly be picked, Sid and Vader would be even better than they are, Mace would need a massive uplift, etc, etc. It's just a game.
  • If we were going strictly by the movies there would be a lot of buffing and nerfing required. It's not meant to be taken literally. Phasma and Ren would hardly be picked, Sid and Vader would be even better than they are, Mace would need a massive uplift, etc, etc. It's just a game.

Agreed. Otherwise if kylo kills Han, then Chewie should counterattack and take kygo to 1 hp. Which would make for some interesting teams, however.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    It may sound corny but I think it would be fun if Chewie and Han had some good synergy.
  • Aside from everyone elses valid points here.

Chewbacca wielded a different Bowcaster weapon in the Clone Wars, thus Clone Wars Chewbacca.

If there was a Force Awakens Chewbacca, then perhaps he will have a more powerful Bowcaster.

Even New Hope - Return of the Jedi Bowcaster was a different variant
  • I experienced the same gameboy tyrants proclaiming "It's a game". They are probably clone war kiddos that don't really care much about the saga. My complaint was that it's completely ridiculous to have characters resurrecting others from death; especially ewoks! If that were actually the case; Anakin would have had a puppy mill of ewoks & there would be no point in the film since he would have never lost loved ones. I got the same reaction. I have a feeling most of them haven't run into the pesky ewoks bringing all your hard earned kills back to life! Hahaha.. I feel you.

I think we will see a force awakens Chewy, and many more characters. I've run into Jedi Luke on the six level, and he's not a usable character yet...I haven't seen anything about it in the forum though.
  • Ki_Adi_Mundi
    95 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    J7000 wrote: »
    It may sound corny but I think it would be fun if Chewie and Han had some good synergy.

I completely agree. Pdawans and their masters too. Luke and Leia, Lando's and Lobot, etc. I'll go one step further on corny and say I'd love to see a synergy between Tarkin and Dooku, but then I am rather old school... Not to mention old.

I'll also be very disappointed if we have different versions of the same characters. At a push, I accept Anakin / Vader, but not for others. Allow gear up to influence, or have some interchangeable gear. Han is Han no matter what he wears, although maybe storm trooper armour gives him slightly better protection and reduces agility a little. Let Luke choose between saber and blaster as he progresses. Let Leia have Boussh disguise. Maybe the outfit affects skills, but let's not have different characters for Tattooine Luke, X Wing Luke, Hoth Luke, Bespin Luke, Jedi Luke, and Force Awakens Luke... It's ok for action figures, but not when I could field a whole team of Luke!

And resurrection is bizarre... Totally agree. The search for immortality and saving someone from death was integral to the turning of Anakin... The whole saga would've been a bit different if Palpatine had said, "Oh by the way, I know a few Ewoks that can bring you back from the dead." I'm not even a big fan of healers. That being said, I can see a revival for droids, or certainly repair.

But all said and done, it is a game, so it can't be too movie exact (and I'm not aforementioned "clone war kiddo") or we'd just pick a few hero characters and the rest would be cannon fodder. Sadly, however, the imbalance across characters and their skills means that is exactly where it's heading, and that's not good for anyone. Getting dull facing the same teams, and without balance in characters it will continue.