Fixing the guild Leaderboard

Greg1920
1777 posts Member
edited June 2016
The Current the gud leaderboard is useless. Right now it measures the choice to bank guild coins and the ability to alt dump coins into the main guild. It does not measure the relative strength within the guilds.

The second problem is there is not enough damage in T7 for people to use up their rosters. T7 also needs to be compleable for not as strong guilds so just making it harder does not work.

Proposal--

Allow multiple laps to be done on the raid. Once you beat the phase 4 Rancor the captain respawns and you fight it again. This continues indefinitely until time runs out. Change time limit to 47hrs to allow for the 1hr of processing. (This has a side affect of eliminating alt dumping)

Each additional phase you complete should be worth 25 pts and each additional phase should expand the 10th place reward down by 5 or 10 slots so if you can beat the entire raid 3 times all people get a minimum of the 10th place reward.

This solves a big problem with both guild hopping, unbalanced rewards and the guild leader board being meaningless.

Replies

• Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Yeah let's make the raid a huge time sink and basically force us to raid on separate days instead of more than one raid on scheduled days to make it easier because it's not like we have, you know, lives and stuff.

Nah, I hope they never do this.

Fix the alt rotating and the guild hopping somehow, sure. How about making Guild Coins tied to the Guild Activities and just eliminate the personal contribution altogether? Poof, there you go. Alt rotating fixed and I don't see Alt Guilds completing high tiers of Guild Activities any time soon.
    Post edited by Naecabon on
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Keep raid rewards as it is but give around the same rewards to people that contribute the most.
    There are a lot of players that can't deal much dmg, but contribute a lot to the guild on the daily coins race.
    Imo instead of the measely coins you receive, give people some gear boxes as well.

This sort of semi fixes gear gate (harm already has been done but w/e) and makes people spend more to reach a top 5 or 10 or whatever the reward tier will be.

439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I'm surprised that you would be against something that would allow you to show you to show your dominance as opposed to grinding out minor advantages on the scoreboard.

The Rotating your 100 members through 1 guild to get the additional coins required to maintain leaderboard position must be just as much work as this proposal above.

It also eliminates the need for a scheduled raid time. To me more time but less specific time is better than having to be on in 2 specific 15 minute windows 1 hr apart.

What would be your thoughts to bring real value to the leaderboard that actually reflects guild strength?
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    Who rotates 100 members through one guild?

The best solution is to make content difficult so finishing it will set you apart on the leaderboard. I have a feeling heroic wasn't supposed to be this easy.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    The Rotating your 100 members through 1 guild to get the additional coins required to maintain leaderboard position must be just as much work as this proposal above.

We have no idea. We've never tried it. We'll have to take your word on that it is though. We quote enjoy the fact that raiding doesn't require a massive time sink.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    I just realised I went totally OT or got confused between topics so uh +1 to somebody..
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Barrok wrote: »
    Who rotates 100 members through one guild?

The best solution is to make content difficult so finishing it will set you apart on the leaderboard. I have a feeling heroic wasn't supposed to be this easy.

I agree that would be the best solution. A tier 8. The problem is that can you make a fun tier 8 that requires strategy rather than just autoing toons
  • AceCV
    993 posts Member
    Fix guild hopping and alt accounts and maybe....just maybe...the leaderboard will make any sense.
  • Maraxus
    821 posts Member
    AceCV wrote: »
    Fix guild hopping and alt accounts and maybe....just maybe...the leaderboard will make any sense.

The leaderboard wont make sense... It will just show 100 guilds tied first with same number of points...

Tier 7 supposed to be HEROIC is just a bad joke that most guil are already able to complete and soon even more will...

When top 200 guild have the same number of points maybe they'll understand something is wrong.

Btw im not saying the solution is to allow alt account and have the "best guild" represented by the most alt account they have => this is dumb too and it what is currently happening.

What im saying is that HEROIC should mean HEROIC and shouldnt be completed that easily by anyone
  • Want up top? Hop-hop-hop :)
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Solution to the leaderboard:

Remove it. It serves no purpose other than to get panties in a twist over nothing.
  • The hop comments here though are not relevant to the current LB. If iN isn't hopping, which they say they aren't, the Order 66 teams aren't hopping to increase guild coin bank either. So as it shows currently, none of the 3 teams are ranked there because of hopping-juiced banked coin.
  • Maraxus wrote: »

The leaderboard wont make sense... It will just show 100 guilds tied first with same number of points...

Tier 7 supposed to be HEROIC is just a bad joke that most guil are already able to complete and soon even more will...

When top 200 guild have the same number of points maybe they'll understand something is wrong.

Btw im not saying the solution is to allow alt account and have the "best guild" represented by the most alt account they have => this is dumb too and it what is currently happening.

What im saying is that HEROIC should mean HEROIC and shouldnt be completed that easily by anyone

I've said this over time .... but if you're looking for a challenge and you are a whale and you are in a whale group...you are very unlikely to find one in a mobile F2P game vs. PVE. They cannot balance the game toward the 99th percentile because then 99% of the people can't do it. The only way you will get a challenge is when it is guild v guild and you can matchup directly against other similarly built players / guilds.

Look at the Empire thread. How many people can't do it and are raging about it? Quite a few. I'm sure you found it pretty easy I bet right? Now if you're a dev - do you want to make something to satisfy the 1% of the population and make it really hard, but then have 99% of your players flaming you relentlessly on forums and other social media? No way.

I'd adjust my expectations if I were you and avoid some frustration :) Enjoy the accomplishments you have with your team and leave it at that.
  • Naecabon wrote: »
    Yeah let's make the raid a huge time sink and basically force us to raid on separate days instead of more than one raid on scheduled days to make it easier because it's not like we have, you know, lives and stuff.

Nah, I hope they never do this.

Fix the alt rotating and the guild hopping somehow, sure. How about making Guild Coins tied to the Guild Activities and just eliminate the personal contribution altogether? Poof, there you go. Alt rotating fixed and I don't see Alt Guilds completing high tiers of Guild Activities any time soon.

Have to agree. I don't want another huge grind in this game. I like that T7 goes down quick. You get rewards fast. T6 seemed to take forever comparatively. That was less satisfactory.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Maraxus wrote: »

I've said this over time .... but if you're looking for a challenge and you are a whale and you are in a whale group...you are very unlikely to find one in a mobile F2P game vs. PVE. They cannot balance the game toward the 99th percentile because then 99% of the people can't do it. The only way you will get a challenge is when it is guild v guild and you can matchup directly against other similarly built players / guilds.

Look at the Empire thread. How many people can't do it and are raging about it? Quite a few. I'm sure you found it pretty easy I bet right? Now if you're a dev - do you want to make something to satisfy the 1% of the population and make it really hard, but then have 99% of your players flaming you relentlessly on forums and other social media? No way.

I'd adjust my expectations if I were you and avoid some frustration :) Enjoy the accomplishments you have with your team and leave it at that.

I disagree. See my suggestion in the poll about changing Heroic difficulty. That's how you accomplish it without hurting the 99%
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Naecabon wrote: »

I disagree. See my suggestion in the poll about changing Heroic difficulty. That's how you accomplish it without hurting the 99%

I think you need to give the T7 rewards to people with 10 7 star toons and give them access to Han shards. But this could be done by pushing those rewards to 6 and making 7 require at least 250 teams to beat.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Naecabon wrote: »

It's a good suggestion - I'm just not sure they have the belly to do it and keep it in place when the non-whales start to flame hard. I've seen this before already with PVE content in another CG game ... and look at how long we've been playing this SW game. Going on 8 months? Have you had a real PVE challenge yet? I'm sure the answer is no. Would be cool if they can come up with something, but I'm not going to put a lot of eggs in that basket.
  • Obs0lete
    382 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    This comment has been removed as it violates forum guidelines.
    Post edited by BanthaPanda on
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member

The yoda event was significantly harder than the empire event. Granted the yoda event rewarded a full 7 star character. I think a lot of people were just disappointed in how easy it was given that CG made it sound like it would have been difficult. I breezed through it with just some 7star g8 rebels. Mid point Vader was just a good pit stop to heal everyone to full with ackbar lol.
  • Stormy
    951 posts Member
    Obs0lete wrote: »
    Team who? oqAzseL.jpg

@Naecabon is 2nd from the right