Experience from a 'soft launch' player

2Next

Replies

• Just got a 4 star Offee from bronzium
  • SeroZero wrote: »
    It's starting to get crowded here, which is a good thing. However it comes with more and more people speaking up about some imbalance and most commonly, as if to follow the herd: "EA sucks, IAPs to suck us dry!" :(
    We have somehow forgotten, how much worse it was for Clash of clans, summoners wars etc.

Oh come on, less speculating and enjoy the game!

So yes, maybe some guys spent money and got better characters which you might find 'OP' at your levels (20s-40s).

Slowly when you reach level 60 caps, you will start noticing who the real powerful characters are, when their skills/leader/better gear choices make them REALLY strong. And learn to use what you have on hand, to make the most competitive team.

It's a whole different world at level 60
    By level 60, you will realize which characters are 'farmable' and which are just not worth the time unless you can buy so many packs, get so many dupes and therefore shards, to get them to 7*.

Soft Launch pvp brackets (all level 60s, 5-7*, purple geared characters), still uses starter/non-paid units. Not because they do not have other better characters, but these are the ones easily 7*, all-rounders or really great at doing a particular role. Or simply, their stats rocks.

Don't be disappointed if you aren't a big spender, I ain't one too and I'm able to rank top10 in arena
    Did you know you can draw up to 4* characters from bronze draws (the free/250FP ones)? I've played for 2 months+, and I've gotten from bronze draw:
    • 4* Bounty Hunter,
    • 3* Plo Koon,
    • 3* hoth rebel,
    • 3* hoth rebel scout,
    • 2* Princess Leia
    • and a whole lot of other 2*/1* and shards.

That saying... I don't like any of these guys, except for bounty hunter whom I used for Galactic War as 2nd team, so I didn't put most of them to use haha. But the point is, Capital Games is kind of generous to an extent.

So how much have I spent and how far I've achieved?
    I've been 'camping' for this game since news of it came out somewhere in August. When they soft launched it, I was luckily part of the chosen countries, specifically Singapore. That was somewhere around early or mid September. And I've been in it till now.

I've spent on:
    1. Dark side pack: For dooku
    2. 1st Chronium pack x10: Got 4* Darth Sidious from it (Packs where in 10s back then)
    3. 2nd Chronium pack x10: Got 3* Darth Maul from it (which stayed level 1, 3* till today)
    4. That's all for paid items, till now. All further purchases of packs were from crystal rewards

Total spent: 6 + 26 + 26 = SG$ 58

Where am I now? Ending arena rankings daily at least, in the top10, usually in the top 3 places. Here's an image of where I am now, 6 hours after rewards (was 3rd when rewards were sent)
    9cwezQr.png

What I have now:
    Q7rPOEB.jpg

Just created an account to comment because I find it disgusting you comparing clash of clans(supercell) with ea. Have you played clash of clans before or spend a little time in it? In clash of clans you don't have to pay a dime to unlock everything, you will be same as a user who uses money in the game.im not saying this game is full with iap but a user who pays money gets best characters and gets better rewards in arena. Plus there's the horrible energy system witch sucks for most people including me. And this is only the beginning of game. If it gets more popular ea will probably somehow screw it up in the future by adding new broken characters and nerfin the old ones making you pay again to get them. Ea has done it before with other games and will do it again so you can't blame people for thinking bad about them.
  • davida8546
    216 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I dont know much about EA, but If they actually nerf the good chars that people paid for in either bundles or packs then it's very bad. Basicly what they say is we dont give *** about spenders who "support" our products. In Hearthstone whenever they nerf a char they give full "shards" back so you can buy any char that you like and that s how they respect both f2p and spenders. I spent more than I should for that game but I am not unhappy about it. If they introduce new cards, it s to create new types of "team" which dont necessarily destroy old team formations (so you r forced to buy new chars), it s just to create new varieties.
  • I don't know how much of a hand EA has in pricing. The game producer, Aaron Nemoyten @ Capital Games said they set the pricing structure.
  • If they introduce new chars (and they will) with increasing power compare to all existing chars in a short perid of time then there is no reason to spend some serious money. $5 is ok, it s a burger price.

Just imagine that you are absolutely in love with say Old Ben's power and drop $1000 to get him (some people do) to say 5,6* and the next day you wake up and see an upgrade with full of new chars in packs for $5/$50, and these render him completely useless. What u say is ****, of course, it s your problem, they wont refund your money lol. And if you dont want then quit the game, there are bunch of players who will follow your path, we dont care. Lol.

Anyway", they dont have to do that to get money from spenders, that will make spenders quit even faster. They need some sort of ballance between existing chars and new ones. Most people wont spend enough to get premium toons in a short perioid of time and you always can create new stereotypes instead of power pass existing ones. There are always most used chars in a meta, introduce new chars so the currently useless chars become more useful and can counter (but dont destroy) the current meta. That way everyone is happy. If you want to try new chars it s ok if you want to stay with existing strong chars it s also ok. You dont have to bang your head in the wall.

That s said I have spent some money in the game. I actually read about EA reputation before doing that but meh I am a gambling sort of guys and dont care too much. However, I will quit the game if that sort of behaviour happens by EA. Being greedy is fine but well I guess morality should be respected to at least a reasonable degree.

And of course games producers like this can say we nerf chars or introduce new strong chars (same **** different smell) because pple complain about how strong existing chars are and f2p players complain (all their fault). Lol. Why do they create over powerful chars in the first place. Not that they dont know these chars are Op. They r certainly some of the smartest folks, who pretend dumb from time to time lol
  • How did my innocent thread, aimed at sharing my experience turn into a QQ thread. With even someone creating an account to defend another game, just because I brought it up in less than 10 words :neutral:

I simply wanted to show, that a f2p or someone only making small purchases can do well in a game. Is it perfect? Definitely not, but I liked the way it is now.

Most other games aim at making users IAP to speed up content. And the only way to be competitive, is to make those IAP, in huge amounts. It's the same here of course but from what I've seen, after playing since the start months ago, it doesn't create that large of a player gap between payers and non-payment. Using some past game experience I've been in, I only hoped to let people know the comparison the difference in the game experience I had here.

That's all!

It's saddening people are so easily provoked these days...
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Could someone tell me when did they officially launch this game in IOS? Is it 11/24/2015?

Did they release a solf launch for USA player?
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    WhipiT wrote: »
    I cant get that lucky spending chrono as you guys do on bronze. Ive dropped around 50 bucks on chronos hoping the lottery gods would give me Old Ben. They didn't. They did give me a 4 star Lando ( his aoe is sick) and tons of shards for characters I have no want or need for. Only a fool with slight **** would keep trying for Old Ben...and Im going to keep trying lol.

I'll bet you a nickel he shows up in a $50 pack within the next three months.

NO! I hope he never shows up in a paid character pack (even if it means that I never get to unlock him) because then all the people currently complaining about Barriss and Dooku will just end up complaining about Old Ben being P2W and getting him nerfed as well :/
  • @Song wrote: »
    Could someone tell me when did they officially launch this game in IOS? Is it 11/24/2015?

Did they release a solf launch for USA player?

I'm not sure which countries got access to the soft launch and when, but the the game was in soft launch since 1st Sept I think.

Global launch was around 24th or 25th of November.
  • @Ivinol wrote: »
    On rank 19 is a player with a 7*Kit Fisto.How much have he spend on chrono packs?^^

A lot. He spent a lot :p
  • Thank you for your post. It is appreciated. I just started and was contemplating the Dark Side and the daily crystal booster. I might drop some into it now and see. At worst, I will hate it and move on. No big loss and I am currently enjoying the game at my leisure.
  • billbob19
    71 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    SeroZero wrote: »
    How did my innocent thread, aimed at sharing my experience turn into a QQ thread. With even someone creating an account to defend another game, just because I brought it up in less than 10 words :neutral:

I simply wanted to show, that a f2p or someone only making small purchases can do well in a game. Is it perfect? Definitely not, but I liked the way it is now.

Most other games aim at making users IAP to speed up content. And the only way to be competitive, is to make those IAP, in huge amounts. It's the same here of course but from what I've seen, after playing since the start months ago, it doesn't create that large of a player gap between payers and non-payment. Using some past game experience I've been in, I only hoped to let people know the comparison the difference in the game experience I had here.

That's all!

I'm hardly defending Summoners war. I don't play that game anymore and am happy currently playing this game. However, regardless of how many words you spent on Summoners war, you brought it up. I simply expanded on the comparisons.

On the surface what you are saying is legitimate. This seems to have and much smaller gap between P2W and F2P. But you must also account for how new the game is. The older it gets the larger that gap is going to become. Already at this point, it is much more difficult in Star wars to get pieces of monsters to summon. You also have your characters mixed with shards in this game, where as in Summoners war, you simply summoned the monster/character. Not pieces.

Look at my posts more so as a bit of clarity and correction than defensive. I played Summoners war for a long time at the highest arena ranks. It is absolutely P2W. You are correct. I just think it is a bit early to say it is more P2W than Star wars.

And I was surprised to see Clash of Clans mentioned, too. That game allows you to farm all you like, no energy restrictions and allows you to get all builders through achievements. Of any of the game, Clash of Clans is the least P2W. You can get in game currency by removing bushes.

And I really dislike the PvP system currently in this game. But as a whole, I really enjoy Star wars for what it is.

EDIT: Just saw the guy who made an account just to show how upset he was. I thought you were referring to me. Carry on. lol
  • All I can say is balance and the p2p system in place here is exactly what I thought it would be and I'm satisfied with it... So far, I'm only at level 45, and I know the whole game will change come level 60 to be more strategy based on who you have, and I look forward to that. For now, I'm not worried about who I can and can't beat in the arena, I'm having fun trying different systems out already. Yes I paid for Dooku and Barriss', no, I don't use them all the time, no I don't think they are overpowered. Dooku was 2nd in command of the Sith, he should be powerful. Barriss', while not a hugely powerful Jedi, is a great healer and can take hits, but, she can't dish them out and its hard to star her up.... Balanced...

Yes those that pay at the beginning of a new game are going to be more powerful, that's the point of paying, becoming more powerful faster. The thing I do like about this game is I see it being less of that and all it takes is a grind to get those characters others paid for.

My one gripe is how long it takes stamina to refresh to do more battles.... This sucks and is the real reason paid players will over power non-paid... They will be able to gear up those 3* character faster then a non paid player can gear up his new 4*.
    461-112-993
    Looking for allies level 40+
  • SeroZero wrote: »
    How did my innocent thread, aimed at sharing my experience turn into a QQ thread. With even someone creating an account to defend another game, just because I brought it up in less than 10 words :neutral:

That's all!

Wanted to just say that your posts are well written and informative and have helped me a great deal. I've been able to stay pretty competitive without spending any money so far top 100. There is a good deal of strat and order of operations each day that can help out your setup. Got my brother into the game and only thing he did was buy Dooku and he's sitting #3 after one day of play in his arena. With smart play can probably stay up there. Keep writing umm you like the low spender hero on the blog so far!