Farming log: Kylo Ren

Prev1
duffmc81
107 posts Member
edited January 2016
Seen a lot of posts questioning the shard drop rates. Earlier today, I got to level 53 and started farming Kylo Ren. So I thought I'd keep track to see what actually happens. Hope it's ok with the mods and that it doesn't take too long. Maybe others looking to farm him can see what it takes.

I plan on using all of my cantina energy and all of my crystals to try and speed it up. I'm f2p, so will only be doing 1 or 2 refreshes per day.

================================
  • Start: 5/80
  • Day 1: 14 for 32, 44%, 19/80
  • Day 2: 9 for 32, 28%, 28/80
  • Day 3: 15 for 35, 43%, 43/80
  • Day 4: 15 for 39, 38%, 58/80
  • Day 5: 12 for 26, 33%, 70/80
  • Day 6: 11 for 30, 39%, 81/80.

FULL LOG: hxxps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dvycBNWPt6ecz-gDuUR2o_8uA1wuhDG9MwafNyXs9O8/edit?usp=sharing
Post edited by duffmc81 on

Replies

• There is no need to list each attempt. And no the mods dont care because I have been recording all shards farmed the last two weeks :) Your drop rate is almost 50% so far which is really good. Hopefully it keeps that high until you unlock him :)
  • I finally unlocked Kylo yesterday or so, and it took approximately a month, using only time-based refills. I look forward to seeing the numbers your research shows.
  • HamZolo
    70 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    14 shards from 31 battles, much better than my rate. I got 10 shards from around 40 battles over the last couple of days since I started on him.
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    I started farming him the exactly 1 day after he became farmable in cantina. Since then I have used all energy into him and have used the 100 gem refill every day.

He is currently 5* and 57/85 Shards. 202 Shards total since the day after his farming release.
  • I did the same as @AdamW except I'm currently at 92/100 at 6*.
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    <.< I must Force Lightning my Kylo now, he has displeased me.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    My Kylo is 5stars (from farming +1 refill). I wondering if he worth to get 7Stars?
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Benr3600 wrote: »
    There is no need to list each attempt. And no the mods dont care because I have been recording all shards farmed the last two weeks :) Your drop rate is almost 50% so far which is really good. Hopefully it keeps that high until you unlock him :)

Actually it's very cool he lists the order. Variance also describes the underlying me mecanic and 0 1 0 1 0 1 is not at all the same as 1 1 1 0 0 0.

• I just finished 7 starring my Kylo tonight :)

It only took 16 days since I unlocked him.
  • Benr3600 wrote: »
    There is no need to list each attempt. And no the mods dont care because I have been recording all shards farmed the last two weeks :) Your drop rate is almost 50% so far which is really good. Hopefully it keeps that high until you unlock him :)

Actually it's very cool he lists the order. Variance also describes the underlying me mecanic and 0 1 0 1 0 1 is not at all the same as 1 1 1 0 0 0.

Okay I suppose. All I could care about is the overall % and if it dips shortly before activation/promotion :P
  • Yeah an avergae helps too. By listing, only way to knownif around activation there's any change. Would be nice to know where the refils (if any) go and which day is which.
  • I usually get 5shards/12 tries every day but today it was 1 shard for 14 tries :neutral:
  • Shanks wrote: »
    I usually get 5shards/12 tries every day but today it was 1 shard for 14 tries :neutral:

Almost exactly what happened with me today. I normally don't recharge Cantina energy and the drop rates are OK. Recharged today, got just one :disappointed:
  • duffmc81
    107 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    First post updated with Day 2 results... 9/32, 28%. Not bad.

I felt like 14/32 on the first day was a pretty exceptional day, so today's results are not disappointing at all. I'd certainly take this every day. So all in all so far, 23 for 64, which is about 35%. I'm guessing it will only go down from here.

Also I realized this is gonna take a boatload of attempts so I am keeping the log in a google doc that's linked in the first post.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    4/24! that's a step up from my usual 2-3/24
    mighty chlorians
  • Good work diff keep it up. Today I got 8 out of 36 approx.
  • moongod
    298 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Got him to 7* max gear today. Finished my last 8 shards needed in 11 attempts. Extremely underwhelming character. He's a fly like Count Dook. Annoying but ultimately not a threat. :#
  • *** Magin halts farming for Kylo Guy starting tomorrow ***
  • Elyndria wrote: »
    I just finished 7 starring my Kylo tonight :)

It only took 16 days since I unlocked him.

Did u do 1 or 2 refills per day?
  • Im waiting to see whats up with the new update.
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I've stayed away from farming Kylo and others who I can't acquire more quickly for now. You are doing pretty well and you're acquiring shards at about a similar rate to building a character in Squad Arena if you place under 200 every day and collect 800 Arena tokens a day (700 bonus+100 to play), which is pretty good food for thought.

I can say I like farming Cantina shards much better than Light/Dark with the 3 round limits which can cost you a fortune in crystals if you go that road. I wish I could say my luck was the same on my IG-86 farming in Cantina, which is not faring even close to your averages. I play all available free Cantina energy and refill once for 100. With that, I usually get a 1/3-1/4 win ratio so if I have 300 energy or 30 turns, I'd probably get 7-12 shards and it usually works out against me.

I guess I'd have to play a second refresh for 200 to get your kind of numbers farming....
  • 0/18.

84/85 shards.

No fun.

At all.
  • 1/19.

I'll be back at 99/100
  • Poerli
    113 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    i get arround 4 Shards when i use 1 refill. So 4/24 and i am at Kylo 6* with 69 Shards (bought the Pack)
    So 1 out of 8 is pretty mehh
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Poerli wrote: »
    i get arround 4 Shards when i use 1 refill. So 4/24 and i am at Kylo 6* with 69 Shards (bought the Pack)
    So 1 out of 8 is pretty mehh

That's pretty much my average 25-33% chance of success. I build on characters that I not only can farm, but also buy shipments for as well with tokens so I can do both and upgrade quickly. I'll save those farming-only characters for a moment when I've farmed out all my other possibilities and I have no other option...
  • duffmc81
    107 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Updated with Day 3 results. Shockingly good. 15/35, 43%. Overall rate at this point is 37%.

I thought the way they came today was interesting. Towards the end I went 4 for 5, then 0 for 4, then 5 for 6. I added timestamps for when I did all of these as well. I don't have a ton of time during the day so I need to do them in bunches.
    Post edited by duffmc81 on
  • I'll keep an update on kylo from 0 to 100 for the last star.

0/1 so far.
  • FLIK87 wrote: »
    I'll keep an update on kylo from 0 to 100 for the last star.

0/1 so far.

good luck :)
  • 7/12
  • We just played by the game
    Really I do think kylo is a mad guy in movie with a copy mask to cover his under confident face

Nevertheless we farm him because he is new character which is First Order we all know FO characters are dangerous with high Hp without reason

That is how the game works new characters more insane for you to buy