Should Galactic Wars rewards (character shards that can be bought with green crystals) change?

Telmoabff
40 posts Member
edited June 2016

Should Galactic Wars rewards (character shards that can be bought with green crystals) change? 39 votes

No, it's good enough as it is.
33%
vincentlondonHanSlowMoJuan_PabloPowdaWaquiGaldin_WanQyxstyxJonnyHb06af3ttArhamGreenGoblin96MastersRisingrobjay04 13 votes
Yes, some character should vary.
51%
KAULIEricsonXEwakawakaEdennSirBearLagKinzer1123NeonPhyzicsBjpac04WookieWookieMrJx3SupermariowifiAtlas1Thorozar11TelmoabffMrGripsMayTheForceBeWithMeAleSahnDroh_1979CossinBastilaShanJppc 20 votes
Yes, all characters should be changed.
15%
DarthHerniaCarth_Onassi1973MsantonastasiolovecheeseWicket_The_EwokJerrickKharr87 6 votes

Replies

• hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Some character variance would be nice, but you can't remove the early game staples.
  • Yes, all characters should be changed.
    Grievous should rotate in some
    I would love to see different characters. It's too easy knowing that everyday I'll get 15 shards of a character I want. Why not vary it?
    I cans reasons to say yes and no.

It would help to have character variety. Personally I don't think you should have toons that are permanently exclusives to P2P at all. So the more rotation the better.

But wouldn't hurt too much if it stayed the way it is.
  • Added? yes, Changed? No
    the cake is a lie
  • No, it's good enough as it is.
    The current method works, and well. Don't break it.

It' is to the point were more & new toons need added and probably a quite a few. A previous exclusive would be nice, but there are lots of mission toons that would be awesome Stormtrooper commando (w/heal), empire tie pilot, AT-AT driver, imperial gunner?, rebel pilot, Porkins!, jawas, other ewoks, etc. more healers would be nice specifically darkside. Some of the current really hard grinds would be nice too Ewok Scout, hoth soldier, FO Stormy, cantina store toons....

I would specifically request the Ewok that throws a rock and I'm not a Ewok guy. Lightsabers? Blasters? Dude brought a rock! That takes STONES! (Pun intended).
    Grievous should rotate in some

.....lol no.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Added? yes, Changed? No

^^This
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    No, this way players are encouraged to use all the different aspects of the game.

Certain characters are more difficult to obtain and those characters are the strongest of the lot, characteristically.
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    Added? yes, Changed? No

^^This

Yup.
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Powda wrote: »
    No, this way players are encouraged to use all the different aspects of the game.

Certain characters are more difficult to obtain and those characters are the strongest of the lot, characteristically.

Yeah I know all those whale arena teams with Veers, Hoth Rebel Soldier, FOTP, Ewok Scout, and Lobot are really crazy strong!
    Added, like they did Bane, yeah. But it would be totally unfair to take characters like Phasma and Luminara out the shipments for new players.
  • Currently the green crystals that I have are virtually useless because I have purchased everything that they can buy, so, for me at least it makes no sense for the items in that category to be static. Since they are, also, it means that at some point anyone who sticks with the game will wind up with a ton of useless purchase tokens that cannot be used. I agree that that section is good for providing lower level advancement, but if you are going to limit it to that, then please either provide a means for transferring the green tokens into something higher level, or even just credits. It is rather pointless to keep accumulating something that cannot be used effectively other than by buying shards you do not need to transfer the values to another rather limited purchas option.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    MacsenAL wrote: »
    Currently the green crystals that I have are virtually useless because I have purchased everything that they can buy, so, for me at least it makes no sense for the items in that category to be static. Since they are, also, it means that at some point anyone who sticks with the game will wind up with a ton of useless purchase tokens that cannot be used. I agree that that section is good for providing lower level advancement, but if you are going to limit it to that, then please either provide a means for transferring the green tokens into something higher level, or even just credits. It is rather pointless to keep accumulating something that cannot be used effectively other than by buying shards you do not need to transfer the values to another rather limited purchas option.

old thread but almost a valid point.
    the GW tokens are far from useless. I have every character from all stores 7* and have 200 GW tokens. I spend them everyday.
    how?? shard store.
    Dev's have even stated this is now the intention of those stores. they are feeders for the shard store which can have stuff you need to progress your roster, cuffs, guns, "new" g11 parts, carbs etc.

edit: adding reference for my info

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1496586/#Comment_1496586
    [QUESTION: Anakin1125] When are the gw store and arena store going to be updated?

[NR] We have no intention to update GW Store and Arena store at this time. Our intention is that these are to be a source of Shard Shop currency for players that have exhausted their offerings
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nope. I love the shard shop currency without feeling that spending it will cause me to miss out on something later.
  • Changing it at this point would be a bad move. Theybstraight up told everyone that they weren’t going to make changes, so we should spend outlr tokens to get shard shop currency.

Put a new character or change the existing ones and it punishes everyone who did exactly that, while at the same time undermining anything they say in the future.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.