Do we have any statistical data for SWGOH players?

My server began sometime in December, and I have remained at the top for quite a while. I am trying to get some perspective, because the game feels small when you're in a top guild as well. Have they ever released information on the number of players/servers? Being top in arena or in a ranked guild means nothing when you don't know how many players/guilds there really are.

Replies

• This would be very interesting to see but I doubt EA will ever release this info. It would be nice to see a server listing with all of the players on each server. Also a way to communicate with anyone in game would be awesome. I'd like to send a few chats to folks that swipe #1 position in arena each day minutes before rewards go out ;)
  • Keyper
    245 posts Member
    Being on top on your server means nothing unless we know what time zone you are in and how much money you spent. Are you FTP in EST? Then you've accomplished something. So odd how people always leave that info out.
  • Keyper wrote: »
    Being on top on your server means nothing unless we know what time zone you are in and how much money you spent. Are you FTP in EST? Then you've accomplished something. So odd how people always leave that info out.

This isn't a brag post so I didn't leave any info out. I could be snarky and tease you about the irony in your response, but I won't <3
  • Hybridplug wrote: »
    This would be very interesting to see but I doubt EA will ever release this info. It would be nice to see a server listing with all of the players on each server. Also a way to communicate with anyone in game would be awesome. I'd like to send a few chats to folks that swipe #1 position in arena each day minutes before rewards go out ;)

I could see them releasing the info as some sort of bragging point like other games do. "Come play the best collection strategy game with over 1 million players!!!" etc...
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    EST is not a common time zone from my experience, before I stopped playing for 3 months there was only 1 guy I was competing with for rank 1, and before that there was really no one.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Keyper wrote: »

I'm F2P in EST and top arena player.

Just wanted to brag
  • slickdealer
    1801 posts Member
    Every server is different.

I'm on a launch server that is almost all Euro. I can get #1 and keep it across all US time zones. Don't drop til next day.

This isn't a brag, just lucky.
  • Keyper
    245 posts Member
    This isn't a brag post so I didn't leave any info out. I could be snarky and tease you about the irony in your response, but I won't <3
    what would you tease about? I see nothing ironic in my post.

• Keyper
    245 posts Member

I'm F2P in EST and top arena player.

Just wanted to brag
    well done.

• slickdealer
    1801 posts Member
    https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/

Swgoh.gg believes there are 240 servers. Every server is 20k, which would be about 5 million total players (much less than that active).
  • Keyper
    245 posts Member
    Elyndria wrote: »
    EST is not a common time zone from my experience
    yeah, hardly anyone lives there and the few who do can't afford internet. /sarc

• Keyper wrote: »
    what would you tease about? I see nothing ironic in my post.

My original post was asking for statistical info for the game and guilds. Your response was based on time zones and arena ranking which is not what I was talking about. I found it ironic when you said that people leave out information, when you're the one who left out the information I was actually asking for. The first response was on point, but yours was not.
  • Kopfschuss wrote: »
    My server began sometime in December, and I have remained at the top for quite a while. I am trying to get some perspective, because the game feels small when you're in a top guild as well. Have they ever released information on the number of players/servers? Being top in arena or in a ranked guild means nothing when you don't know how many players/guilds there really are.
    You're so awesome. Not EwokJedi awesome, but you make my blood jealous with your awesomeness. May I know more of your #1s and super accomplishments?
  • I haven't done the time zone math to figure out where most of my server is from, but I know they aren't from America, because I can sit at pretty much any spot in the top 100 for 8 hours at a time. It's ridiculous because I don't even have a really strong arena team.
  • About the quantity in marketing, they Wont use number of active players, they will use number of downloads as players, how many gave up in the beggining or along the road? Too bad publicity.

It's a mobile game, so being top anything doesn't matter anyway. With the blatant P2W model of many mobile games, any idea of eliteness only exists in the minds of those trying to justify their spending habits or addictions.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Kopfschuss wrote: »

It's a mobile game, so being top anything doesn't matter anyway. With the blatant P2W model of many mobile games, any idea of eliteness only exists in the minds of those trying to justify their spending habits or addictions.

and what are you trying to justify with this comment?
    its fun to win, even in a mobile game. Does it really matter that it doesnt matter ?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I'm p2p, December server, EST, and not top in arena, but I am top in my guild. Majority of my guild is EST... And majority of my guild is even in the same province as I.

You must hate watching sports since you're not on the team right? You must run around in circles looking at scenery before getting shot in FPS games and blame those people for trying too hard right? Games are meant to be competitive. Fighting for the number one spot in the guild leaderboards and arena should bring out your competitive nature. Sorry you don't have this wonderful trait.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member

F2p are just as competitive in arena as p2p. The meta has been stagnant for a long time and there isn't a single p2p toon that brilliantly outshines f2p in any respect.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Telaan wrote: »

F2p are just as competitive in arena as p2p. The meta has been stagnant for a long time and there isn't a single p2p toon that brilliantly outshines f2p in any respect.

Apart from Sun Fac, Leia, Rex and B2. Oh and Tuskens... Clones/Rebels cant be competitive without spending chroms either... Stagnant yes but not for payers
    {RotE}
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    LaLiam wrote: »

Apart from Sun Fac, Leia, Rex and B2. Oh and Tuskens... Clones/Rebels cant be competitive without spending chroms either... Stagnant yes but not for payers

None of those toons brilliantly outshine anything. They are easily 100% beatable with Obi/Dooku L, Rey, GS, QGJ, RG or any of the other very popular f2p meta toons.
  • slickdealer
    1801 posts Member

None of those toons brilliantly outshine anything. They are easily 100% beatable with Obi/Dooku L, Rey, GS, QGJ, RG or any of the other very popular f2p meta toons.

Because the AI in the game is horrid, not because the characters are equal.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member

Because the AI in the game is horrid, not because the characters are equal.

Sun fac recently had a AI fix. I suspect Leia was purposely designed not to perma stealth. Both rex and b2 don't have any serious issues with their AI. Human > AI. Every reply to me has only reinforced my point. F2p are just as competitive as p2p. Those who argue otherwise have most likely never played other p2p games where f2p truly are second class citizens in every way.
  • Back on track... swgoh.gg has info from players who have synced with their website. Have THEY ever released any general statistics besides the top arena players/teams? I'd be curious to see the total number of players that have registered. How big is the game? Servers feel small, and guilds feel even smaller, but it's STAR WARS! The game has been on the top grossing charts for apps, so it has maintained popularity.
  • IdraRage
    259 posts Member
    https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/

Swgoh.gg believes there are 240 servers. Every server is 20k, which would be about 5 million total players (much less than that active).

Where exactly does the 240 number come from?
  • Oblivion_1
    57 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    @slickdealer , i was wondering the same thing, where on swgoh.gg does it talk about 240 servers? Or was that just an estimate?
  • Oblivion_1 wrote: »
    @slickdealer , i was wondering the same thing, where on swgoh.gg does it talk about 240 servers? Or was that just an estimate?

Also curious
    Line ID:nevermore_83