Prev1
Juan_esta_Solo
23 posts Member
edited January 2016
Post edited by Juan_esta_Solo on

Replies

• I can't stand GW, I've only won once and have a decent squad. It's frustrating and it is purposely made so that the players are tempted to spend money on the game. I'm level 51 why am I playing round after round of level 56-58 chars. It's not fair and retreating is useless as the team has higher speed because if it's 7 level advantage. Idk what to do, the advice threads are borderline useless and it just makes me want to quit playing the game. This team is just so powerful and full of health I think I'm going to quit this game soon

Maybe this game is too challenging for you. It's meant to be tough so that it's harder to farm for characters and that makes your farmed characters more valuable
  • The first time I did GW I completed it. After that I never completed another GW until I hit lvl 58. Then it was sometimes I win, sometimes I didn't but I still got my rewards.

Now? I complete it every time except about 1 day a week. There is always one day the ai is mad at me and RNG is against me every fight.

Just be patient. Your lvl 51. Chances are you'll not complete a GW until high 50's.
  • I'm a huge fan of gw and I think it's my favorite part of the game right now. I run two squads and I have a few replacements for each squad in case a member goes down.
  • Regarding the uploaded picture, you still got 10 shards(800 galactic war tokens).
  • xJazzx wrote: »
    I can't stand GW, I've only won once and have a decent squad. It's frustrating and it is purposely made so that the players are tempted to spend money on the game. I'm level 51 why am I playing round after round of level 56-58 chars. It's not fair and retreating is useless as the team has higher speed because if it's 7 level advantage. Idk what to do, the advice threads are borderline useless and it just makes me want to quit playing the game. This team is just so powerful and full of health I think I'm going to quit this game soon

Maybe this game is too challenging for you. It's meant to be tough so that it's harder to farm for characters and that makes your farmed characters more valuable

Nah, he's clearly just not using strats the a lot of people are using.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    GW is better than anything else. If you hate it, there is almost no point to playing.
  • The entire game is broken, but among the "brokeness" (?) GW its the most fun and balanced game mode. I've never have problems with GW and I'm a FP2 level 52
  • J7000 wrote: »
    GW is better than anything else. If you hate it, there is almost no point to playing.

GW is a chore really.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    You have to know when to retreat. I might retreat 4-7x a game. Knock out every one but the tank. Then heal as many chars as you can vs the tank. Use your whole team. Some times I throw tanks in their 30's and 40's just to absorb the other teams special attacks. Especially the final 3 games.
  • GW is a great place to test strategies and builds without using a battle in arena. There are some great strategies to make it easier. Queltar wrote a great one that could help you out in the guides section.

• Btw, honestly that's a pretty average team. Who do you run? GW is quite easy if you use retreat/force close strats, no one should fail GW. IMO GW is only really popualr for those who cant rank high in arena.
  • duffmc81
    107 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Not to be rude, but I think you're just not good enough yet. You need to practice and manipulate your characters and manipulate the system a bit more.

Some of my strategies:
    • I abuse the retreat function and not ashamed of it.
    • I roll my top 5 toons from start to finish, no Team A / Team B nonsense.
    • I always try to start the next battle with all cooldowns reset and full health. This is key. Do this by getting guys in your top 5 that are at full health out of your lineup, put in slow guys like Royal Guard, and just coast. If the enemy has a tank like Chewy or Poe, save them until last just for this purpose, it works great.
    • If a critical team member is close to death I get them out at all costs, bring them back in when the fight is over and I can heal.

I will admit GW is kind of a pain in the butt in general though...
  • I'm ranked #11 in arena right now. I have no idea how lol :D But this is the team I'm running right now http://imgur.com/rFziwa7
  • I'm running f2p biggest regret is wasting my time on greedo he rarely hits double and his bomb is terrible.
  • I'm ranked #11 in arena right now. I have no idea how lol :D But this is the team I'm running right now http://imgur.com/rFziwa7

GW is the hardest at a lower level. Just force quit if you're team is losing, and everything will reset and try and get some good rng. Another strat is to put in your extra scrub characters to soak in the special damage of your opponents.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    J7000 wrote: »

GW is a chore really.

Then what do you enjoy doing in the game? There is very little else.
  • J7000 wrote: »

GW is a chore really.

Arena, and finding new synergy. The excitement of not having unlimited tries like GW, a timer, and people sniping you and getting a huge reward for winning is far more fun for me than completing something 99% of players do.
    My theory is that the difficulty of GW is somehow tied to your arena rank. I'm level 56, haven't been below 800 in my arena rank and have never seen a team like that in GW. In fact, it's probably been two weeks since I lost a GW campaign and I usually just breeze through them. I rarely have to retreat and almost never lose a toon that's in my main team.

• garublador wrote: »
    I'm ranked #11 in arena right now. I have no idea how lol :D But this is the team I'm running right now http://imgur.com/rFziwa7
    My theory is that the difficulty of GW is somehow tied to your arena rank. I'm level 56, haven't been below 800 in my arena rank and have never seen a team like that in GW. In fact, it's probably been two weeks since I lost a GW campaign and I usually just breeze through them. I rarely have to retreat and almost never lose a toon that's in my main team.

Might actually not be that off. I usually have a mix of different levels of opposition in GW (and not chasing rank in Arena). But sometimes when I've ranked higher in Arena, like today, suddenly all teams are top noth nasty teams, all purple lvl 60 and maxed toons... Kills my stuff dead real quick..
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member

GW is a chore really.

Arena, and finding new synergy. The excitement of not having unlimited tries like GW, a timer, and people sniping you and getting a huge reward for winning is far more fun for me than completing something 99% of players do.

Same for me but that's one reason I like GW. I can test out my other toons. Sometimes I'm surpised at how well they do. Usually the last match I Can enjoy having a team that has only one healer or no healers to see how well they defeat the final team.
  • Barriss Offee.
  • Getting victories #6-10 was so hard, but I finally got there. Then I read about using force close. I wasn't planning to try it, but when my JC got 1 shot on the 3rd battle a few days ago, I went with the force close and won the game. Now it's easy to win every time without losing a toon, but it's not fun. The reward for the final battle is too good to pass up, but trying to pull out a win with the dregs of your level 40-something reserves on the last fight is a blast. I wish I never knew about it to be honest.
  • I can't stand GW, I've only won once and have a decent squad. It's frustrating and it is purposely made so that the players are tempted to spend money on the game. I'm level 51 why am I playing round after round of level 56-58 chars. It's not fair and retreating is useless as the team has higher speed because if it's 7 level advantage. Idk what to do, the advice threads are borderline useless and it just makes me want to quit playing the game. This team is just so powerful and full of health I think I'm going to quit this game soon

Another happy EA customer.
    Get your credit card out or die trying m8
    This is the most P2W game ever.
    Don't believe me? Just look at top ranks ( don't believe them when they say they are F2P either, they lying )

• Nzchimeran wrote: »
    Another happy EA customer.
    Get your credit card out or die trying m8
    This is the most P2W game ever.
    Don't believe me? Just look at top ranks ( don't believe them when they say they are F2P either, they lying )

I completely disagree. The only thing I've ever paid for in the app is the DS Starter pack. Haven't spent any $ since then, and I've ranked top 10 every day in Arena since I hit level 58 - hit #4 yesterday and #2 the day before. Every character on my team is a FTP character that I farmed out of GW / Arena / Shard missions. Just because some people have a hard time with aspects of the game doesn't mean that everyone else who is doing well is P2W.
  • Nzchimeran
    165 posts Member
    edited January 2016

Btw, honestly that's a pretty average team. Who do you run? GW is quite easy if you use retreat/force close strats, no one should fail GW. IMO GW is only really popualr for those who cant rank high in arena.

This is the most laughable thing I have ever read.
    GW can open for a player in a week of playing, good luck if you want to do well.
    It's P2W unless you want to spend 3 months grinding gear.
    EA have no idea how to make a level playing field, all EA is after is the dollars from competitive, compulsive players who are happy to buy the advantage.
    Don't listen to peeps saying they are F2P and owning this game, that's bull.
    An example , for me to grind one piece of level 6 gear requires 31 mats, do you know ho many days it will take to grind that out as F2P?..... Mega, now times that by 5 toons X 6 slots each..... And every fight has random chance to drop what you want = lol
    A P2W can just top up on crystals, buy energy, buy packs.
    F2P you ar just cannon fodder so the P2W can get their tokens.
    Suck it up or get out your credit card.
    Anyone who things I am not telling the truth here is in denial or working for EA.

GW can open for a player in a week of playing, good luck if you want to do well.
    EA have no idea how to make a level playing field, all EA is after is the dollars from competitive, compulsive players who are happy to buy the advantage.
    An example , for me to grind one piece of level 6 gear requires 31 mats, do you know ho many days it will take to grind that out as F2P?..... Mega, now times that by 5 toons X 6 slots each..... And every fight has random chance to drop what you want = lol
    Anyone who things I am not telling the truth here is in denial or working for EA.

Again - couldn't disagree more. I have completed every GW since my first 2 days after I first opened it up. I've only been playing the game for roughly 2 months (since a little after full release) and I have several 7* characters - all level 7 gear - again without spending any money since the $5 purchase when I first downloaded the app. If you do your dailies it will give you some of the purple items you need for gear (such as Mk IV keyboards), and the shipments will frequently give you others that you currently need, or will soon, which helps a lot with the grinding. I have never refreshed a shipment with crystals, or any energy or missions for that matter either. I have spent only the crystals I've earned in game from dailies and arena / gw rewards - which I've spent on packs simply because I like the chance of pulling something good.

Not sure why you're out trolling or EA bashing, but it gets old. This game is extremely friendly to F2P players if you follow simple strategies and do your daily missions / GW / arena.

Btw, honestly that's a pretty average team. Who do you run? GW is quite easy if you use retreat/force close strats, no one should fail GW. IMO GW is only really popualr for those who cant rank high in arena.

As F2P player I must say very disagree with this statements....GW is easy as others says...Strategies and your main team are two factors that can determined the outcome of GW differently...for example:

for the team
    team A - Sidious - Lumi - Poggle - Daka - Jedi Consular will go through round 1-8 easily

compare to

team B - Ig88 - Ig86 - Poggle - Luminara - Poe

Team B is a great team but POE ability takes 3-4 turns to be activate again while their team damage is high...therefore after finishing one round, the next round with no POE ability ready in the beginning, it would be so difficult for this team to win that round...

You need to learn by your experience playing this game...I.e, for shard drops, you need to go to previous page or home screen before trying to sim the shard again....

if you do not have enough knowledge, better learn first rather than making this useless thread...you can check my thread if you think I am a liar...kids....
  • Spam force close then you will be fine.
  • Another 'game feature X is a joke' thread.

Nice.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.