Yoda event has returned

Replies

• BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    Hey good luck to all the new Yoda people out there!
    May the force be with you! :D
  • Phu_Zzy
    148 posts Member
    R4D4 wrote: »
    I got Yoda to seven stars the last event and it was way easy. I beat it with a level 66 lumi, 60 jc, 63 Barris, 63 qgj and a 58 plo koon. All are in gear 7-8 except for koon. He's in gear 6. They needed it way to much.

I can't beat tier 5 now with similar config, but with Ahsoka instead of barris, and all but koon on level 70. They may have nerfed the Tier VII, but they buffed the Tier V for sure. All toons on gear 7-8, but Yoda dodges all my attacks no matter what. I can only ever do some 1% of damage before he wipes my toons off the floor. He has like 4 turns for every one of mine. Seems well OP screwed to me.

That's what happened to me last month, T1 to T4 I strolled through then got ripped to pieces in T5; IIRC I only managed to turn his health meter yellow a coupe of times.
  • garublador
    915 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Leo, we just get bragging rights. ;)

I kind of enjoy my bragging rights. I'm actually glad I got to beat it before the nerf. While it was a bit ridiculous (it was heavily dependent on luck if you didn't have 5 absolutely maxed Jedi, which was impossible for most), that's better than him being a push over. I don't mind having to plan Lumi's heal around MS and hoping for a QGJ dispel if Yoda steals the heal over time, but I'd rather that be the lucky part than hoping the AI doesn't decide to attack the same toon twice in a row, which any decent AI would do in every match.
  • Riggin12 wrote: »
    It is rather bizarre that this event was modified (unnecessarily in my opinion), but larger issues that impact overall game balance have been up off for many weeks.

There was a flood of whining about event being too difficult last time it came up even though plenty of players had managed to get their Yoda without need of a nerf the previous times it was on.
    Anyway, EA apparently listened to this specific whining more than others, like dodging or GW for example, so they totally nerfed the event to the point where you can basically auto your way to 7 star Yoda now.
    Sigh...
  • chainsaw
    359 posts Member
    What a shame...was looking forward to a challenge. Looks like all the cry babies/whiners won...didn't even lose a toon or even come close...thanks for the easy 7* Yoda
  • Grza6
    14 posts Member
    I cant even play it since Yoda, Mace and Lando are not close to being unlocked : /
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Yeah at lvl70 cap, it was a nightmare, even if you had the right heroes.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Every level has been disappointingly easy. Caveat: I've only done up through level 4. Each level should have been noticeably harder, but they were all so simple. Must have been over-leveled. From what I read, it should get harder ... we'll see.

EE, my friend told me 5* Yoda ain't no cake walk compare to 1-4* so you have something to look forward to.
  • R4D4 wrote: »
    I got Yoda to seven stars the last event and it was way easy. I beat it with a level 66 lumi, 60 jc, 63 Barris, 63 qgj and a 58 plo koon. All are in gear 7-8 except for koon. He's in gear 6. They needed it way to much.

I can't beat tier 5 now with similar config, but with Ahsoka instead of barris, and all but koon on level 70. They may have nerfed the Tier VII, but they buffed the Tier V for sure. All toons on gear 7-8, but Yoda dodges all my attacks no matter what. I can only ever do some 1% of damage before he wipes my toons off the floor. He has like 4 turns for every one of mine. Seems well OP screwed to me.

My friend said it is very frustrating for him. He could barely make a dent before Yoda "tenacitized ?" .. 8)
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    chainsaw wrote: »
    What a shame...was looking forward to a challenge. Looks like all the cry babies/whiners won...didn't even lose a toon or even come close...thanks for the easy 7* Yoda

Yeah they might as well drop Yoda into your roster after you get your 5th Jedi to 7*
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I easily beat tier 5 on my first try, today.
    7* Lumi with furnace
    7* QGJ G8
    5*G9 Plo Koon (no unobtaniums)
    5*G8 Ahsoka
    5*G8 JC

Ahsoka barely clung on for dear life. And JC died at the end. But by then I had yoda down to 30% health. He died shortly after, without any drama. I used QGJ lead, of course!

I don't recall yoda dodging a single attack. He denied QGJ a team buff one out of two. That was all he really did besides take damage. Other than use foresight like crazy.
  • It used to be insanely hard, thanks to all the whiners, you can auto through all 7 tiers now... Good for the community.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    I hear you can Auto through it now for 7*. Like to see a youtube of that.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • It wasn't whining. If you read what Jesse wrote, not many people were finishing. The number of completions was well below EA's lowest expectations.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Casual_Player
    639 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Noticing that there's no yoda rant-thread. . . . yet?
    Point plus for developer team they listen to the player and take action accordingly
    the cake is a lie
  • Every level has been disappointingly easy. Caveat: I've only done up through level 4. Each level should have been noticeably harder, but they were all so simple. Must have been over-leveled. From what I read, it should get harder ... we'll see.

Over the previous times he was available I did 1*-4* with a single auto battle attempt on each. 5* completely destroyed me last time and again today.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Noticing that there's no yoda rant-thread. . . . yet?
    Point plus for developer team they listen to the player and take action accordingly

What's to rant about, we all get Yoda! Haha, if anything, I should rant because I had to bust a cap in my pantsuit and trey literally hundreds of attempts to get him. But you know, I just respect him so much more in my roster.

It's weird, but I'm slowly joining the camp of those who want the devs to leave it alone for a while, as in, STOP listening to the forums! Haha, we don't need it to be any easier. ;)

I'm truly happy for all who can get Yoda. It is a fun challenge and totally worth it even after the re-balance.
  • Igor08
    221 posts Member
    Bro Koon was MVP for me in this event, relentless debuffs on Yogurt.
  • As a first time participant in the Yoda challenge I don't understand where you guys are coming from. Sure the challenge was harder before, but as a newer player it's still really difficult. It took me 25 tries to beat the 5 star battle and I had full gear 7's, and 3 stars 6 star characters.
  • Good luck and Congratulations to all Yoda's :smile:
  • Got my 7☆! Lol...
  • Super123
    233 posts Member
    This event is too easy. Dev needs to make it harder, somewhere near the previous difficulties.
  • Thysk
    85 posts Member
    Super123 wrote: »
    This event is too easy. Dev needs to make it harder, somewhere near the previous difficulties.

I don't think they really can at this point. It's ok to make something hard and then nerf it later. The people who got it while it was hard can have bragging rights. When you have something easy and make it hard, the people who didn't get to it in time have an understandable gripe.
  • Super123
    233 posts Member
    Thysk wrote: »
    Super123 wrote: »

I don't think they really can at this point. It's ok to make something hard and then nerf it later. The people who got it while it was hard can have bragging rights. When you have something easy and make it hard, the people who didn't get to it in time have an understandable gripe.

What a pity... The dev should pay less attention to those whinny crybabbies.
  • Guys stop complaining. We want our Welfare Yoda ;)
  • Robert
    150 posts Member
    I got lucky and had a doctors appt. that kept me in the waiting room for 3 hours or I'd never have beaten it pre-nerf. I think I spent most of the time just trying to get the right match ups though and that wasn't much fun. It did feel good fo beat the 90s team in the end because I didn't think it was possible after about the first hour or so.
  • lovecheese wrote: »
    The only challenging part is having characters with enough stars to do it :(

Yup, especially if you are F2P. I have been sinking almost all of my energy and arena credits into my Jedi every day to get their rank high enough. Well, over a month later I will be able to do the 6* event before it ends, but still missing 2 characters for the 7*... this wouldn't be so bad but half of these characters I am leveling are pretty much worthless for every other game mode.

Not really sure how that was possible. I was struggling with the 5* event. That was with a 79 Lumi and 78 JC (both 7*), 77 Ashoko with 6*, 55 Eeth at 6*, and 55 Barriss at 5*. The higher level characters were all 7 and 8 gear. The lower two were 5 and 6 gear. My team seems slightly stronger than yours was. Your lowest are only 3-8 levels higher than mine, but my highest are 14-17 levels higher than you. You have slightly better gear and QGJ who is definitely better than Eeth for this I would say, but I don't think that's enough to overcome the huge level difference.

Yoda was two shotting my lower level characters, and like R4D4, he was getting minimum 2-3 shots in for every one of mine. They definitely had to of made the tier 5 harder.
  • Phu_Zzy
    148 posts Member
    Got my missing shards for QGJ at midday and jumped straight on to the T7 and got him 2nd attempt.
  • C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    Easy game
  • AceCV
    994 posts Member
    Tier vii done and....was too easy.