Toon regrets

Prev13
Which toon do you regret most getting to 7 stars and max gear (or close, before you realised they would just never be worthwhile)?
  • Plo Kloon
  • Anakin
  • Kit Fisto
  • Darth Maul
  • Other

(Apologies - don't know how to put in voting buttons

Replies

• At this point, I sure would like to have a 7* Qui-Gon Jinn instead of a 7* First Order Officer ... oh well, maybe he'll get better at Gear 9 ... or 10 ... maybe
  • Bialaska
    74 posts Member
    Don't have any of those near maxing out.

Of my near maxed out characters, I'll have to say that my biggest regret is Darth Sideous. His damage is just terrible for an attacker, and he doesn't really bring much to the table.
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Anakin, but he did help me unlock Yoda
  • I got Dathcha to 7* and gear VIII, but that was before Teebo was considered good or Biggs was useful for the Empire event. I also have a 7*, gear VII Magmatrooper, but needing 40 shower drains to get him to VIII knocked some sense into me.
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    I might regret unlocking Savage and Asajj, plus leveling, starring and gearing Sid but then again he was valuable earlier in the game.
  • TMK wrote: »
    I might regret unlocking Savage and Asajj, plus leveling, starring and gearing Sid but then again he was valuable earlier in the game.

Sid got nerfed into oblivion with the level 80 update. His damage was cut (seemingly) in half, and his potency was cut to nothing. He went from reliably inflicting AT LEAST one DoT per enemy on AoE critical strikes to inflicting MAYBE one DoT on any of the targets with an AoE Crit. Basically his potency makes him laughable.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    I regret taking Ventress to gear 9.. Like a lot.. 3rd on my power level, never leaves the bench lol. What I do NOT regret maxing is FOTP, he ain't the top dps toon but **** if he ain't a powerhouse at gear 11 omega.. On par with leia and Rey and with offense he can one shot anyone who ain't a tank or Savage.
  • Richard
    41 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Magmatrooper and Stormtrooper

I wanted to build an empire team but i totally regret it. Magmatrooper has lack of attacks. Something like barriss without heal. He removes turn meters but its really not sufficient with that cool down.

Stormtrooper is one of the worst toons of game. He's not tank at all and damage is mostly very low. They both useless even with Vader as leader.
  • Yeah, forgot about Asajj. She's been a let down as well.
  • Magmatrooper for me. Not sure why I started farming him. I got him to 5* but he still sitting at low gear and lvl. It would have been lot better if I had 7* NI.
  • Anakin is amazing!! Definitely build him to g10!
  • And I'll say Kylo is my biggest regret
  • My biggest regrets are ahsoka who I got to 6* before I realized QGJ was the better option and I got Sid to 7* and savage to 6* before I realized droids were the better option
  • Pretty much all the Jedi I am currently leveling for the Yoda event. Other than Lumi, JC, and Barriss, they are all pretty terrible. I wish I had went for QGJ instead of Ahsoka too. I could have been leveling much more useful characters instead.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    I don't mind my Ahsoka over QGJ. I have Mace to debuff guys and he is my lead. I picked him up free in a bronze pack. Pulse Ahsoka farms quicker because she has nodes. IMO QGJ is okay as the 2nd one to farm because he won't be ready as soon as Ahsoka and jumping out to a quick start gets you a lot of resources.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    My biggest toon regret was cad bane. I didn't take him to far but he just looked so cool he had me fooled.
  • Anakin Skywalker. I farmed him to 7* the hard way, gear him to G8... I even gave him a Stun Cuffs... And his damage is around 2500, just like my Barriss. Great.
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    Pulse Ahsoka farms quicker because she has nodes. IMO QGJ is okay as the 2nd one to farm because he won't be ready as soon as Ahsoka and jumping out to a quick start gets you a lot of resources.

Ya, that is the only reason I picked her. She is 50 shards away from being 7*. QGJ would probably only be around level 4 right now if I had went for him.

• Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    I also went Ahsoka first... Still have her pretty high up and don't really regret it, she's a nice addition to my 4th rancor squad. If he's below half a 15k crit isn't bad every now and then
  • Jin_Bo
    16 posts Member
    Kit Fisto. His turn the tide AOE is pretty much worthless. But i guess the counter attack and bonus attack is nice
  • Igor08
    221 posts Member
    7* CUP reporting in.
  • Magmatrooper without a doubt. Low potency means his bomb never works (sounds great though) and with so many Dooku lead teams his basic is actually a liability because it just encourages offense up for little damage.

Boba Fett is another. How they managed to take the coolest character from the star wars universe and make him suck is amazing.
  • vostromo wrote: »
    Magmatrooper without a doubt. Low potency means his bomb never works (sounds great though) and with so many Dooku lead teams his basic is actually a liability because it just encourages offense up for little damage.

Boba Fett is another. How they managed to take the coolest character from the star wars universe and make him suck is amazing.

Oh man, I never leveled up my Magmatrooper.
    he is a double disaster against dooku team.

• I definitely wish I could go back in time and smack myself in the face a few times for ever considering leveling a Nightsister squad...
  • Obi_Wan_Cannoli
    272 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Pre-forum:
    5's (Really bad decision to not get Daka, still don't have her)
    Sidious (Everyone else had him)

Post-forum:
    Teebo (Got him for raid, useless in heroic)

@jedii_2040 I was going to put Magma, but you get to a point in GW shipments where it doesn't matter.
  • Surprised 5's was mentioned the guy is a right pain in arena.
  • Remorhaz
    149 posts Member
    thr change to 5s double tap made him a lot less gooD and Royal guard stun takes him out of he fight almost completely. He is probably great paired up with the p2w clones though.
  • Pre-forum:
    5's (Really bad decision to not get Daka, still don't have her)

You can't be serious... Since level 80, that character is one of the strongest in arena, and also useful in raid. MY biggest regret atm is not to have him...

As for the character I deeply regret I leveled, it'd be the Jedi Consular... only 6* right now but he's part of my jedi team so it's destined to go 7*, although find it utterly useless (please someone tells me I'm wrong).

• Yeah I don't get Fives either...people were complaining about him long before the whole omega thing happened. So he went from being a very good toon, to OP, back to just being very good. What's to regret about that? If anything I'd say I regret farming Daka over Fives first, as after QGJ he's the second-best toon for arena from cantina currency.
  • Peonstyle: No JC at 7 stars is pretty bad, low health, dies quickly no way would I put a furnace on him to get to gear 9.