Great job

Prev1345
I would like to say a big thank you to the devs for continuing to develop what is at its core a fantastic game it has its faults yes but as a long time star wars fan I really love this game and have no complaints at all about it so thanks devs keep it up also while I'm here I would like to say a big thank you to all the mods of this forum who daily wade though the stream if negativity and complaints to kept the forum running smoothly thank mods ypu are all stars

Replies

• Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    True, it's easy to forget all the good things about this game when focused solely on its faults.
  • Cometheloser
    944 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    No they don't the negativity detracts from the enjoyment like a disease the faults are there but they should not detract from what is a fantastic game and that is the plain truth B)
  • Fun game is fun!
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    No they don't the negativity detracts from the enjoyment like a disease the faults are there but they should not detract from what is a fantastic game and that is the plain truth B)

Not true at all. If you just pat them on the back and say great job, and turn a blind eye to things in this game which push people away-dodge meta, gw, precraft, etc. nothing will get done.

This game is not by any means fantastic yet. Gw is a complete bore and chore, precrafting has created a gap in arena, and the devs have no clue how to balance ai so they rely on artificial difficulty=rng dodge.

So I'll say a big nope on "great job" at this point
  • Exactly
  • Constant whining will fix it then ?
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    The issue is...those faults are huge and massively detract from the enjoyment of the game. Heaping praise on the dev when its not deserved won't get anything done

I doubt we're in danger of heaps of praise. Perhaps a spoonful of positive reinforcement couldn't hurt no?
  • Constant whining will fix it then ?

Yep. You stay on them until they fix their mistake. You don't just let it get swept under the rug
  • Truth snake :p
  • But it can also have a negative effect on them also all I ask is that you recognise that the game is basically a good game and you enjoy it because if not why do you play or care?
  • This is the first mobile game I've spent money on, the first I've actually devoted some time to. Is this what the 2016 gaming community is like for most millenials? Complain, give bad ratings, complain more if a specific issue doesn't cater to your immediate needs? Just went to the EA YouTube Star Wars video and that comment section was just pure cancer.
  • Truth
  • This guy's period key is broken :/
  • Sorry you lost me there mate ?
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    The bus driver, who brought me to work, did also a good job. He even didnt a mistake to get fixed nor did he told me fact that arent true. And guess what ... even the breaks were working. ;)
    Guess, i should start a thank you thread for him.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • sounds like menopause
  • Achilles wrote: »
    The bus driver, who brought me to work, did also a good job. He even didnt a mistake to get fixed nor did he told me fact that arent true. And guess what ... even the breaks were working. ;)

Pardon
  • Hello space cats
  • No they don't the negativity detracts from the enjoyment like a disease the faults are there but they should not detract from what is a fantastic game and that is the plain truth B)

Not true at all. If you just pat them on the back and say great job, and turn a blind eye to things in this game which push people away-dodge meta, gw, precraft, etc. nothing will get done.

This game is not by any means fantastic yet. Gw is a complete bore and chore, precrafting has created a gap in arena, and the devs have no clue how to balance ai so they rely on artificial difficulty=rng dodge.

Seeing this is all opinion, I don't run a Dodge team and can best dodge teams so that's a non issue. GW is finished everyday, so again non issue.

Just because some people don't think it's a great game doesn't mean it isnt.
  • Ola!
  • No they don't the negativity detracts from the enjoyment like a disease the faults are there but they should not detract from what is a fantastic game and that is the plain truth B)

The fact of the matter is that while the game does indeed have flaws. We have to remember this is just a mobile game. Most people play it for very little time of the day. Yet we treat it as an MMORPG. I spend about 2 hours every day if that. Those 2 hours consist of GW, autoing challenges, simming energy, and arena. The amount of time we put into the game does not come close to any other games.

Dodge meta - If this game took any amount of skill such as live action pvp or something, than I could see the problem with this. While dodge is infuriating, and I do agree it should be removed, it doesn't really hinder anyone. The AI is so terrible that even after those dodges, they usually attack your tank or something instead of finishing off your Rey.

GW - Galactic War is having a fix rolled out this week so not sure about what you mean by turning a blind eye to it.

Precrafting - This was just a simple developer mistake. They needed to slow progress down before we did everything and got bored waiting for new content. Could it have been handed better? Absolutely! Could it have been avoided? No. I personally only had one droid caller precrafted. That droid caller went to my QGJ and he was slightly stronger, but nothing impactful when compared to the awful AI who control him on defense.

But I digress, my main point is this is a mobile game, that we hardly spend any time on. 1-2 hours a day is nothing when its just a few minutes at a time. The longer we treat this game like it's a AAA title that we play all day every day, the more disappointed we will be as a playerbase when it's not rolling out content and balance patches like one.
  • Cometheloser
    944 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Exactly but those people are spreading their negativity around so much that people are forgetting the fact that this game rocks also my other point was about the moderator's who haveto sift through the whining everyday they do a great job too
  • Great to see the positives coming
  • MMORPG is what everyone is trying to turn this into and given the money spent on it, it should be.
  • Fix the bugs!
  • Space cats come on the game isn't that bad really it will come together
  • Edwahoo
    50 posts Member
    Our world would be a better place if we had threads thanking bus drivers.

Faulkner and Joyce prolifically misused punctuation, and our world is better for it.

Our forum would be a better place if opinions were acknowledged to be just that rather than facts. It would also be better if ill-mannered, arrogant posters would find more productive things to do with their time than tear down devs, mods, and dudes who seem to really enjoy the game.

Keep up the good work, EA/CG!
  • When the devs start paying beta testers or just having a beta then I will back off. No need spending whale money when u have no idea what it's gonna be in the end
  • Edwahoo wrote: »
    Our world would be a better place if we had threads thanking bus drivers.

Faulkner and Joyce prolifically misused punctuation, and our world is better for it.

Our forum would be a better place if opinions were acknowledged to be just that rather than facts. It would also be better if ill-mannered, arrogant posters would find more productive things to do with their time than tear down devs, mods, and dudes who seem to really enjoy the game.

Keep up the good work, EA/CG!

This guy gets it
  • Achilles wrote: »

You sound like quite the guy, I'm sure your family is proud. Yes I do thank the bus driver when I get off the bus. It's the nice thing to do.