Galactic war issue..

2Next

Replies

• Asabase wrote: »
    Dang I can't believe you have him as a five star lol you slay dude :o
    Im2awesome wrote: »

Just spent some money is all and got lucky - no praise needed , just lucky is all :)
    ~ im2awesome ~ FC: 516-518-889
    "There can only be one, I will be the one!" - Jet Li

• @Qeltar wrote: »
    Thanks, awesome.

While we're here, does anyone know definitively if Galactic War opponents are based on PvP rank or not?

I've read somewhere that the match ups you get in GW against other player teams (not the AI ones that are usually weaker than you) is based on your strongest PvP team power.

Also, because the enemy team will remain at whatever health you left them at, a tactic you can use is if you've lost one or 2 characters you can retreat and bring in 2 new characters to continue where you left off, instead of waiting until you've wiped completely in that fight. This works well if you need to rotate/replace healers or other tanks/dps.

Another thing to note is that enemy skill cooldowns also remain persistent when you leave a fight. This is useful to know because if you're about to fight a team with heavy hitters, you can enter with weaker characters to try and bait them into using their skills first to put them on cooldown, then leave and restart with your actual A-Team without having to worry about them damaging you too much.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Thanks! Those are useful tips! I didn't realize I could retreat mid-fight without ruining things. So for example if my Dooku is near-dead and my healers are both on cooldown I could just swap him out?
    I am not so sure about the PvP thing. Yesterday when I did this I was ranked like 57. Today, ranked 11, and about the same or even a bit easier. (I have no idea why I haven't been knocked out of that spot yet, I am lower power than everyone else in the top 20, but not complaining!)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Haha I still see a ton of consular/clone teams in top 50. It might take a few weeks for stuff to be where they should.
    Qeltar wrote: »
    (I have no idea why I haven't been knocked out of that spot yet, I am lower power than everyone else in the top 20, but not complaining!)

• Qeltar wrote: »
    Thanks! Those are useful tips! I didn't realize I could retreat mid-fight without ruining things. So for example if my Dooku is near-dead and my healers are both on cooldown I could just swap him out?

Yes, this is correct. However, it's kind of tricky in how you handle bringing him back into the team in order to have the opportunity to heal him back up before he gets killed.

I should mention that when you restart a fight, everyone's attack bar resets. So you have to be careful about how to manage the heals on the low health characters before the enemy AI has a chance to kill him.

What I'll usually do is kill all but one enemy character that does low damage and is tanky enough to take a few hits, like Barriss or Chewbacca. Then I leave and swap who I need to top up health on and restart.
    This way, there's less chance of the AI taking out my low health characters before my healers can take their turn because they don't do that much damage.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Another good idea, thanks.
    I haven't had to use these tips yet as I've gone 12/12 both days since I hit 40 and without breaking much of a sweat. But I'm sure someday I'll get matched up against someone way above me.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • These are the tactics I have to use at level 60 because I get thrown up against level 60 purple gear teams in the last 3 or 4 fights :s
  • Lots of great info here, thanks to everyone. Today is first day I don't think I'm going to make it through as I have a team of 54-57 I'm against at level 44 and they already wiped out my entire A team, but if I would have known these tips I think I could have beat them... Also just got Sidious so that will probably help too... :-)
    461-112-993
    Looking for allies level 40+
  • Whew, and thanks again to this info I just beat the war today with a final stage of all level 60s with half in people gear and only list one guy on my A team... That was intense!
    461-112-993
  • TreTuna wrote: »
    Whew, and thanks again to this info I just beat the war today with a final stage of all level 60s with half in people gear and only list one guy on my A team... That was intense!

Congrats! That first time you clear GW is always memorable ;)
  • Not rewarding the amounts displayed, be sure to check after completing. Started this morning.
  • I agree, started out at lvl 33 (compared to my lvl 40 team) then next battle was all lvl 50+... Somehow I managed to win by mobbing with a sub team to lower health down, but 3rd battle was again a 50+. Newest patch seriously broke the balance in galactic war.
  • Same situation here, lvl47 against a bunch of 60s...The only difference is they have Count Dooku and Sidious!! Impossible to beat at all, but it became easier the next day. BTW just added u ;)
  • I ran into that today on final battle, all level 60s, 3 with purple gear. Sent my B team into be slaughtered and then beat them with my A team and only lost Chewie. Mind you I'm level 45.... Was proud of myself on that one as I got fully owned by a team of level 55-57s yesterday on battle 6.
    461-112-993
  • Yea its pretty crazy! Guess EA sometimes just dont want us finishing it
    ~ im2awesome ~ FC: 516-518-889
    "There can only be one, I will be the one!" - Jet Li

• Im2awesome wrote: »
    Hard to believe the game was released 1 week ago and i already have to go against this.....ictlqv.png

Maybe im just psyching myself out... but geez im only a lvl 47... lol

You knw you have to get your squad up bro when u see that (lvl60) **** haha
  • At lvl 47 also, today ran into the lvl 60 team of death for the first time. It was very bad day for my galactic war.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Someone implied in this forum that the battles might have to do with your arena ranking or squad power. I have no idea if this is is true but I actually lowered my arena ranking to check. Because it was only my second battle I don't know if it worked. I suspect though that it didn't matter. Does anyone have any idea if this is true?
This discussion has been closed.