totally unbalaced game

Prev1
i ask me .. what the hell does the beta testing players? dreaming?
no one can tell me that this unbalanced dooku freak.. bariss.. and and and.. not was going wrong in beta time..
bariss.. 3.5k healing on 5 heros all 3 rounds..
dooku .. every hit on him.. counter attack +2 bonus attacks.. all 3 rounds a bonus attack with 2 bonus hits.. how should we playing with this extrem toxic sets?

newly arena teams.. lumina.. baris.. counsler.. dooku.. and vader or maul..or kenobi.. full skill damage dealing.. skill blocks and extrem healing in ai teams in round 1 and 2..

first round 2 heros down for full skills attacking ai team.. round 2.. next 1-2 heros down.. short.. impossible to play

90% all arena fights same **** unbalances combinations and issures.. every 2nd galactic team..

its no fun more this game.. its only stupid

i have on lvl 49 full.gear and sets.. and loose 9/10 fights for this unfair acts
and i would not really woundering if some players have cheat tools on it... that we no one cant see his hero stats/skill lvls open all doors for unfair gaming...

ty ea for doing 1 week nothings to balancing the game or correct skills

Replies

• Dude, how can you be so toxic?
    Almost all your posts diss the game. If you do not like it, just stop playing.
    You would do us all a favor...
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Weird because you are so high level, and I have you as an ally so I have seen some of your chars. They are powerful.
    Work on strategy. It actually matters in this game, one reason I am hooked.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • billbob19
    71 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    If you are only just starting (not a soft launcher), who are you to say what is and what is not OP? In late game it seems he isn't nearly as commonly used.
  • KissofDeath
    37 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    yea high lvl.. high stats and cant doing anythink against this downsided game acts.. i invest good money.. for loosing 9/10 arena fights cause only extrem unbalaced handling of ai skills.. and heros? really.. think about it.. what for chance have normal player or non payer? just 0..
    and this is not fine.. is not good and this is reason for diss the ea..

beta time for fun time or for testing? idc what for hero is balanced on lvl 85 and gear 10 if under lvl is toxic? sensless strategy?

i have 45 heros.. 20 over lvl 45.. and more as 10 full gear.. and loose round for round ..why? need 1 hero more.. just this one? and then.. again one more.. next and next one? haha nice joke..

and what is funny on this.. ? need all hero for can build 1 working team? .. not really
  • If you have that many characters, that high of rank, and that high of gear.... It's not OP characters that's the problem, its your strategy... I've got one team level 45 with max gear and abilities and I win 75% of mine, including battles in galactic war with teams of level 55-60... Because of strategy...
    461-112-993
    Looking for allies level 40+
  • KissofDeath
    37 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    for what exists 80 heros in this game? for only build all same 5 heros? hm yea.. cg^^
    and just this is UNBALANCE
  • Hah u guys are hilarious. U have to balance your team strategically & also attack strategically. Kill the healers 1st and work on Chewy that's my strategy against guys who have Chewy, Jedi Consular, Barriss. & Dooku dnt have any hitpoints so what's the deal? he is only good offensively that's why u have tanks on ur squad I'm not afraid to battle anybody in PVP I actually like the challenge cuz the missions dnt scare me. Just learn your strong points and also address your weaknesses cuz this game is a good one w/ challenging scenarios that I'm excited abt & btw I'm "deycallmeblaze" 257-572-113 add me & Poogle or Chewy. who knows depending on how I feel that day cuz both are above their ranks w/ all gears. My Dooku is exceptional as well.
  • I rarely lose to barriss or dooku, I have put five dollars into the game and have a 3 star luminara and a 4 star old daka both from bronzium. My strategy to beat them is quite simple (@level 43, top 30 in arena) focus dooku right off the bat with your hardest hitting abilities, and ignore barriss till the end. Works for me almost every time. Crying about a game like this one just makes you seem like a nub. Just my opinions.
  • If the characters were equally balanced what would there be to aspire to?
  • Maybe you are just bad at the game...
  • I have put five dollars into the game and have a 3 star luminara and a 4 star old daka both from bronzium.

I got 4* sid and ben from bronzium

• i ask me .. what the hell does the beta testing players? dreaming?
    no one can tell me that this unbalanced dooku freak.. bariss.. and and and.. not was going wrong in beta time..

i have on lvl 49 full.gear and sets.. and loose 9/10 fights for this unfair acts
    and i would not really woundering if some players have cheat tools on it... that we no one cant see his hero stats/skill lvls open all doors for unfair gaming...

ty ea for doing 1 week nothings to balancing the game or correct skills

Disclaimer: I apologise in advance for the long post but it's worth it. Trust me.

I can say right now that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Were beta testers dreaming? No, we were play testing and and giving feedback about the damage balance of the game.

Do you want to see what kind of game you would be playing right now if we WERE dreaming?

Here, let me paint the picture for you.

Back before the game launched globally (literally the day before the game went live), Arena timers were only 3:00 minutes long and AoE damage was insanely through the roof.

Barriss? Ha! Who's Barris? No one even bothered to have a healer in their team because we all knew that everyone would be dead before they even had a chance to take their turn.

PvP was basically an exercise in praying that luck was on your side and that your team got to unload their AoE before the other side did.

Let me show you some examples of what you would have experienced back in beta.

Exhibit A: i.imgur.com/Tm6DyBs.png

There's a few things I want to bring to your attention in this picture.

1) Notice the timer. Now remember, I said earlier that PvP timers were only 3:00 at this point and you can see that only 13 seconds have passed since the start of the fight.

2) Take a close look at the blue turn meters of every single character on screen. You can see that only Sidious, Jawa, and Dooku on the enemy team have taken their turns.

3) I suppose I don't need to point out something so obvious but I will for the sake of clarity. Look at my team. Now look at theirs. Now look at mine again, oh wait... they're already dead.

So let's recap the fight. Only thirteen seconds in, 3 characters (all on the enemy side) have taken a turn. 1 of my team (Sidious) is already dead and the remaining 4 are very close to it. Can you guess how the fight ended? SPOILER: I get royally ******

But wait, here's another picture! This one is even better! I promise you will love it.

Exhibit B: i.imgur.com/EKD9mJx.png

Again, look at the timer. This time I actually made it to 19 seconds into the fight! Yay!
    Again, 3 enemy players have taken their turns before I got to do anything.
    And I bet right now you're thinking "Slushie you scrub! Who goes into an Arena fight with only ONE hero?? lol Lrn2Play noob." But you already know what really happened already don't you?

Bonus trivia: Did you also notice in both those examples that not a single healer was present in either team?

So there you have it, you think the game right now is unbalanced and unfair? Well, I'm really sorry you feel that way but I'd much rather have a chance to do something in my fights instead of just watch my team get annihilated over and over again before I get to take a turn.

Is the game perfect right now? No, I don't think so. No game is ever perfect as there's always going to be things that need to be fixed and balanced. But I'm happier with the game right now than I was in beta.

Now you tell me, which game would you rather be playing? What we currently have? Or what would have come out if the beta testers were actually dreaming like you claim we were?

And if you want proof about my claim that this was happening a day before global launch? No worries bro, I got you covered. Galaxy of Heroes launched globally on the 24th of November. Check the date of my post on the Beta forums complaining about this exact same issue: answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/11-18-Update/m-p/4965733#M1000. 23rd of November.
  • I can't edit my post above any more, but one more thing I forgot to mention.

The players in beta were never actually told when the game was going to be released globally.

We all logged in on the 24th November only to find a new client update with all these changes made to the game and surprise! The game had officially been launched.
  • Slushie summed it up nicely regarding soft launch. How rude and arrogant to think you know anything about soft launch players when you weren't a part of it. On the subject of your complaint however - I am also level 49 and have no problems dealing with Barriss or Dooku. I find Chewy to be far more annoying with his taunt potentially stopping me from taking out an enemy healer in time. Sid is also worse sometimes with that healing immunity debuff... Most importantly however - I win almost all my matches at the same level as you, and am yet to spend anything on the game (nor will I till the Australian prices stop being so absurd).

TL;DR
    You, are your problem - not the game.
  • Considering the effort, time, cost etc. that goes into building each character you have, and the fact that choices are limited when playing for free, (shards take many days to gather enough for even a basic one-star character) it is quite obvious how some characters are clearly more powerful than others.

I have spent a week investing in all my characters, f2p, gathering everything I can, and playing every battle available within energy constraints; yet e.g. going against Dooku with his two-hit counter then another two hits, or the ugly bird that ressurects fallen team members every turn.... Against my Teebo, or Chewy, or the others in my team that simply cannot compete with these teams with characters that are SO powerful...

Something isn't right here. If I invest a lot in a character, it should be just as valuable as any other. But clearly there are characters better an investment, and that can only spell 'imbalance' or 'unfair' unless you have an identical team with the opponent.

Rather disappointed now, seeing how many credits, power etc. I have invested in characters that are quite simply rubbish in comparison to others. Feels like time completely wasted.

I don't want to follow what the best characters are known to be, I would rather uninstall and move on. The only way to keep this fair is to make sure that every character you invest in is worthwhile and useful.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    All I'm gonna say is if an lowly Ewok beats Darth Sidious, then something is seriously wrong!

However that said I still expect an Ewok to beat an AT-ST, maybe not an AT-AT but definately an AT-ST :open_mouth:
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    @Kameleonic - Lots of advice I and others could give, but not worth it if you've already decided to quit.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Galactic war is so random..some days I get level 55-60 teams and they hit for 4k plus…other days I can complete it no problem…its pointless.
  • I opened about 30 chromium cards and got not even a single piece of good character, only weak characters. Not even a 4 star. I spent good money for nothing. It will be very unlucky or just a form of making ourselves spending more and more? And no return.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Luparelli wrote: »
    I opened about 30 chromium cards and got not even a single piece of good character, only weak characters. Not even a 4 star. I spent good money for nothing. It will be very unlucky or just a form of making ourselves spending more and more? And no return.

Ive gotten one fout star out of around 100 bucks in cards. But unlocked 8 characters 3 which are 4 star. So dont feel bad. Some spend 50 and get the dream team.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Hmmmm, maybe newer players think that spending more money = instant victory ?? Believe most people would agree with me on this one, earn your arena position and stop whining ! Work out your team, nobody earns their areana position by whining.
  • If people think this game is tough.. They should play Marvel Contest Of Champions! That game is insanely hard to progress... It took me more than 5 months to really have some competition in that game.. Until i switched to this one.. Which is far more better and u can actually get the character u like and work hard towards than unlike MCOC where gettin any strong character is simply based on luck. Im still progressing in this game and im not strong enough yet to really rank high.. But it takes time and patience.. So yeah quit whining.. And don't give up so easily.
  • Considering the effort, time, cost etc. that goes into building each character you have, and the fact that choices are limited when playing for free, (shards take many days to gather enough for even a basic one-star character) it is quite obvious how some characters are clearly more powerful than others.

I have spent a week investing in all my characters, f2p, gathering everything I can, and playing every battle available within energy constraints; yet e.g. going against Dooku with his two-hit counter then another two hits, or the ugly bird that ressurects fallen team members every turn.... Against my Teebo, or Chewy, or the others in my team that simply cannot compete with these teams with characters that are SO powerful...

Something isn't right here. If I invest a lot in a character, it should be just as valuable as any other. But clearly there are characters better an investment, and that can only spell 'imbalance' or 'unfair' unless you have an identical team with the opponent.

Rather disappointed now, seeing how many credits, power etc. I have invested in characters that are quite simply rubbish in comparison to others. Feels like time completely wasted.

I don't want to follow what the best characters are known to be, I would rather uninstall and move on. The only way to keep this fair is to make sure that every character you invest in is worthwhile and useful.

Because not every character in the game is meant to be equal. There's a lot of characters currently available which are clearly meant to be filler, and also the base starting point from which to gauge how powerful other characters are.

If every character was the exact same in power the game would be boring. Why would you aim to unlock and level up a rare character like Lando or Old Ben if they end up just same as a Mob Enforcer?

If you spent months doing Arena to earn tokens for Darth Sidious and finally got him to 7* and suddenly realised that an Ewok is exactly the same as him, wouldn't you feel disappointed? Why would you even bother continue playing the game to unlock other characters?

Everyone could just have 5 characters unlocked and we'd all have the same power level in PvP.
  • I totally agree. EA needs to figure out the players want to play each other not their b's computer players. This game is totally being manipulated to force you to spend as much money as possible to stay competitive rather than having players advance and play each other
  • Whats with all the Ewok bashing in this thread. I won't have it I tells you!

Just wait till Paploo gets released.
  • Fear the Teebo :tired_face:
  • People have to ultimately understand that developers need to make some decent money out of this game. I only have Dooku but I do not have Bariss. I believe those 2 characters are to help us have an easier time to level up to 60, I always borrow Bariss to help clear stages. By then some Long time players commented that they are not OP with more counter options available.

It is ridiculous when people complain about Dooku when you can farm its shard at level 1 hard for both light and dark sides. If you complain that he is so OP, why don't you start farming his shards? TS level 49 with full gear should have at least lvl 3 Dooku by now.

i didn't spend more than initial 4.99 on game, so I don't expect to do exceptionally well in arena which is for P2W players. I'm ok with that! If you didn't spend a single cent on the game and expect to be in TOP few in arena, you are asking too much indeed. We can still enjoy other aspects of the game.
  • When December end peoples will whine about tie fighter pilot
    Mine has 2* and can kill Dooku with one blow (I'm level 45) he do 900 dmg with base attack and can hit twice so it's around 1800 dmg , with his special attack he can hit anyone with 2500 dmg ...that's a powerhouse character !
  • At your stage of the game, as long as you are fully geared, you should never have huge problems with Barriss and Dooku teams around your power level, especially since the AI controls the opponents. I am level 47 and usually hover around 10-30 in my arena and 24/30 right now use Barriss. I haven't lost to a single one that's around my level/power and usually win in about 3 mins. I don't even use anything special, just IG-88, Dooku, Talia, Luminara, and Consular as geared as allowed atm.

You just have to strategize better or gear your characters a little more.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    I don't think that all characters should be equal but neither do I agree that an ewok shouldn't beat Sidious, but then again that isn't the point. All characters should have uses and thier place in the game but I don't mean 1 vs 1. The synergies within a squad is what makes the game fun to me and the planning and cerebral aspect of trying different combos. I like idea that some characters are in some way more powerful than another, but I but this isn't a 1v1 game so that's not really an issue. My only real complaint with EA is thier pricing. Its the kind of structure that is very addicting. In some ways that is fun but if it is too extreme it's too much like narcotics. Eventually if you pay too much and experience buyers remorse too often you get sick of it and decideto move on to something more rewarding with less impulse buys such as a 50 dollar xbox game. When I reference pricing I'm strictly referring to thier player packs. All in all, if you hate the way they push the
This discussion has been closed.