Darth Maul

GOfish52
222 posts Member
As a fan of the movies, Darth Maul always stood out as one of the most BA characters in the whole franchise. In the films he kills renowned Jedi Qui Gon Jinn (poor Liam Neeson). Qui gon is awesome in the game and maul is trash. When u think of maul there's no way slow comes to mind. The dude was way faster than obi wan and qui gon. He was handling both of them by himself, without complete training. Even after being cut in half, and miraculously surviving he is underwhelming. He's slow and has very little HP. He's hard to star up unless you have loads of dollars to drop on this game (not that there's anything wrong with that). He desperately needs a buff, speed or HP or anything would be awesome. I personally do not have a Darth Maul, but I'd love to see him farmable sometime. I know this game is not canon, but I'd still like to see Maul made to be as strong as he is portrayed in the films and shows.
Honorable mentions for buffing:
Boba Fett & Kylo Ren

Replies

• ChefHaze
    628 posts Member
    Yeah. Back when they added protection, and said characters would be better a balanced on speed, I thought he'd get some sort of buff that made him worth having. But no. He's still useless.
  • Maul was useless before protection update....
  • fberbert
    593 posts Member
    I have a maxed one (G10 without omegas) and he is still very good for GW. Check out this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ1D6PsaG1U
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Divona
    117 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Your video proves that Maul is really good against Jedis because of his buff. I used Maul quite a lot in battles against jedis in GW or arena. Recently i dopped maul from arena beacuse his too squishy and slow unless you get finishing blow with him.
  • MrJx3
    257 posts Member
    I really hope he receives some sort of buff when he becomes ftp. He already has a great moveset.
  • Hellcat
    319 posts Member
    Fighting a bunch of lv65 gear7 toons when you are lv80 gear10 will always make you look good :D
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    He already has one of the best basics in the game, great momentum, and is the Sith's best sweeper
  • I have Maul at 7 stars gear 8 and he's really only good vs weaker jedis in GW. He's sooo slow, always last to move and that's if he's survived because he's also very squishy. I wonder why such an iconic sith could be both that slow and that squishy really. I'm not a huge fan of him myself but I know many like him a lot and he should definitely get some sort of buff.
  • I have one of my allies have gear 11 Darth Maul. I use him in DS battles.
    He is one of the most dangerous DS characters. If he has any more speed, he will finish the entire game on his own. He can heal with his attack, gain offense up, insanely high attack. And gain turn meter on his attack. With that kind of profile he does not need any health buff.

EA has done at least this work good by keeping him slow. Otherwise this game is finished for F2P.
  • Anyways he killed QGJ in the movie, giving so much grief to Young Kenobi.
    And then he returns back to kill Dutchess Satine, giving much more grief to Young Kenobi.

He should be killed by every living Jedi.
  • jedii_2040 wrote: »
    I have one of my allies have gear 11 Darth Maul. I use him in DS battles.
    He is one of the most dangerous DS characters. If he has any more speed, he will finish the entire game on his own. He can heal with his attack, gain offense up, insanely high attack. And gain turn meter on his attack. With that kind of profile he does not need any health buff.

EA has done at least this work good by keeping him slow. Otherwise this game is finished for F2P.

I have never seen Maul in any top 100 Arena squad in 6 months of play. Trying hard to remember if I even saw him on opposing squads of GW, might be under 10 times and I have over 1660 GW battles.
    DS battles won't tell you how valuable a character really is, Arena and GW give you a better idea.
  • Maul may be amazing against low level Jedi but that's it. You can get one hit tops with him in and with the changes to protection that won't cut it against any Jedi that is similarly geared as he is. I would gladly change the massive damage he does vs Jedi for a kit that actually made him a worthwhile arena toon.
  • I have never seen Maul in any top 100 Arena squad in 6 months of play. Trying hard to remember if I even saw him on opposing squads of GW, might be under 10 times and I have over 1660 GW battles.
    DS battles won't tell you how valuable a character really is, Arena and GW give you a better idea.

I have never said that many people are using him. I have 108 GW wins and might have seen him once or twice. That also on low level and gear to make any impact.
    Yes Arena and GW determines how much toon is better. But can you think of the consequence if they buff the speed of Maul. It doesn't matter which team is running. With his special attack, he will remove the protection of the team and then it will be cake walk for rest of the team.
    He is very high on one side, and low on other side. Highly imbalanced toon. Require lot of rework.