[GUIDE] How to do on a consistent basis great scores on P1 T7 Raid?

Prev13
Maraxus
821 posts Member
Hi everyone,

This is a long post so only read if interested... we will talk about P1 T7 raid optimisation. I apologize in advance for the far-from-perfect english as i am not a native speaker :(

I have been receiving tons of MP and by lack of time (and abundance of work!), I haven't been able to answer to all of them and I apologize.
So I decided to post a few tips and tricks directly on the forum rather than losing too much time answering each on of those messages.
Some will say a video would say much more in less time, I'm not good with video so I will leave the luxury of doing that to the experts.

A lot of people have been talking of ftp alternative for a setup to solo P1, and some alternatives have been found. However having not tried them yet, I do not have the authority to speak for them.

The build I will discuss is the one I have been using and I will try to give everyone that can have it (Rex being a master piece here) a chance at consistently doing better than 80% damage P1 and occasionally soloing it by removing all RNG from your regular runs.

The toons are : Teebo (L), Rex, QGJ, Phasma, Elder.
For this team to work you need to have at least 60% potency on ALL of them (so gear do not matter, only if they provide additional potency to bring you above 60%. Anything more is good to take but not required). Then ideally all basics, teebo leader, phasma VM and slowdown omegaed.
In order to have consistent great scores, you will need to be patient and give TM up and down MUCH more importance than damage during your entire run.

So now let's go into details of each toon:

Teebo :

He is the MVP of TM removal. whenever he is stealthed, use basic.
If he is not stealthed you have three options :
1) use the buff removal on captain if captain has offense up to reduce TM => this is the reason why ONLY QGJ should detaunt the guards... keep teebo's for the captain!
2) use the stealth ability for 3 turns and TM for ewoks=> this is one of the most important skill... you will need to time it's use very wisely (more on that later)
3) use basic attack in case you cant do anything else... he still can crit around 4/5k

QGJ :

Your most consistent tm remover of the team.
If teebo is unstealthed, use his assist attack ONLY if captain is below 50% tm or if he isn't enraged, otherwise use basic attack.
If teebo is stealthed, use his assist attack if captain is below 50% TM. If captain is above, it will all depend on what the order of the toons you have going after qgj is and if they are able to provide TM or if teebo is guaranteed to be stealthed and go before captain.

Elder:

During 90% of the fight ONLY use his basic attack to provide TM to all your other toons. He can be critical to provide teebo another run.
never use him for dispel unless you really have no choice (one of your toon is marked and captain is about to kill him), use his other two abilities ONLY to raise potential dead toons.

Rex:

Although the first thing you think about is TM removal, his biggest benefit isn't there IMHO. His potency being low he will land TM removal decently but not enough to make a huge difference. Where he does make a HUGE difference, is with his dispel/TM buffer ability. It generates TM for all the toons (EVEN IF no debuff was dispelled!). So do not use it to dispel but to generate TM at the correct moment => this can make a HUGE impact at the beginning of the fight (we will come to that later).
His subdue skill is not bad to help kill the guards faster, do not use it on captain

Phasma :

The Perfect tool box.
She applies slowdown decently. Do not overuse the slowdown. Calculate when was the last time the slowdown was applied on the Captain. If the Captain hasn't taken a turn since you last applied it, there is absolutely NO need to use it again. If the captain has taken a turn, you will want to use it as soon as possible to maximize your chanced of the captain being slowed the entire time of the fight (if you let captain take a second turn he will lose the slowdown and it will be much harder to control his TM). Bottom line, have it always ready to be casted when captain has only one turn left of slowdown. do not use it before!

She uses Victory March. This is the PERFECT TM generator as it almost guarantees all your toon will act before captain (if you factor in the fact that EE will go and generate tm to all others toons in case they weren't maxed TM yet...)

Her basic applies defense down which allow to boost damage suffered by the captain.

Onto Game dynamics now.

Begin of game

The FIRST thing you will want to do when the battle begin, is take advantage of rex being faster than the captain to use the dispel/TM buffer skill. this way ALL your toons will go before the captain first move. Remember that captain first move is the offense up + tm buff to his guards so you want to absolutely avoid that otherwise they will all go before most of your toons.
So the correct order here is to go after the right guard, when its rex turn use the dispel/TM buff ability, continue killing the right guard and as soon as its teebo's turn, if he is stealth (lucky!) go after the captain, if not use the skill to make him stealth and go after the captain anyway. => he will remove the entire captain TM! then with phasma slowdown, you will have plenty of time to finish right guard and left guard, always focusing all your toons on the guards, and teebo on the Captain to remove his entire TM. At some point left guard will have a turn... let him. you want him to get 2 turns actually because he doesnt hit hard, and qgj dispel will grant your toons offense up. So the entire idea here is killing right guard asap, let left guard live 2 turns while keeping captain tm down with teebo (and maybe qgj if need be) then dispel the left guard and give offense up and kill him to focus entirely on captain going forward.

Doing that you can achieve to do from 15% (my least) up to 30% (my best yet) of damage with captain having taken NO turn at all => thats a good start!

This entire dynamic has to be repeated each time captain calls in reinforcements.

When to use teebo stealth skill?

So as you probably have understood by now, the more teebo is stealthed, the more chances you have to keep captain TM down.
Teebo has a guaranteed way of being stealthed (his skill) BUT with his leader skill he has great chances to get him stealthed at the beginning of his turn too!
This is why it is VERY important to check permanently the TM of the Captain and of all your TM boosters all the time.
At some point in the fight captain could be 40% TM, teebo 70% TM not stealthed but with skill ready. So you think ok I need to use the skill to have a chance to remove captain TM. but then you realize your phasma has 55% TM (all other toons are after captain) and you remember his Victory march is ready to go. in that case do NOT use teebo stealth skill. attack normally, when its phasma turn use VM so that teebo has another turn BEFORE captain and has an additional chance at being stealthed. If he gets stealthed now, u just have saved the usage of the most important skill (stealth) for a later use... !

The same idea goes for any TM generators such as rex or Elder... phasma is the most efficient, but so is rex if there is a debuff somewhere and elder is not bad either although a bit more RNG.

When do i dispel?

Never! and this is not a joke.
Unless you really have a toon deathmarked about to die, do not use dispell just to dispell... if its for rex, use it at the appropriate time to generate TM (to boost teebo's turns as explained above). If its for EE use it is only to raise people, if the other skill is not available. If you take 5 turns in a row before captain (which should happen quite often) the debuff will go away by itself anyway.

What happens when captain is enraged?

You want to avoid that at all costs, but unfortunately it happens sometimes.
That's when dynamic changes a bit. Instead of timing your TM boost to give more turns to teebo. you need to time your TM boost to allow elder to be stealthed when it's the captain turn. Indeed you DONT want captain killing Elder as he can't raise himself.
Instead you want captain to kill whatever other toon, by having elder stealthed when its captain turn, so that after that, you can raise that dead toon with Elder.
So use wisely phasma and rex to achieve that goal... teebo isn't the priority anymore, elder is!
This change of priority made me survive more than 8/9 captain turns when he is enraged even if he calls his guards!

To conclude

None of those tips and tricks are breakthrough.
But combining all of them systematically make your run (almost) not depending anymore on RNG as each toon will have so many attempts at removing TM from captain that its almost guaranteed that he will remain blocked.
One extra 5% tm on elder could make him go again boost rex that boost TM that boost teebo that didnt become stealth but can use his skill and then removes the 95% TM that the captain had... and you are all good to go another few rounds!

TLDR.
Get rid of the guards while preventing the captain from going
Count the captain turns to keep him under perma slow
Use TM boost (elder, rex, phasma) when your teebo isnt stealth and having another turn could get him there
Have fun and be happy when you see your score at the end of the 25/40 min battle!

Hope this will help the ones that had the courage to read this all.

Cheers,

Maraxus, for Team Instinct.

Replies

• TL;DR: buy pay to win toons
  • Mol_Eliza_99999
    278 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    @Maraxus ,

Thank you for this thorough breakdown. It really helps to fine-tune the tactics as I've found a few excellent ideas reading it.

Fgos, can you please edit and specify the names for "left" and "right" pigs - Brute and Guard? I normally go after left one (Guard, with retribution) first.

P.S.: I must admit that I've never missed a chance to poke fun at few things TI did in the past, but sharing guild info and game strategy goes a long way to raising a respect to a guild. Cheers! I hope this excellent post doesn't derail into sour grapes throwing.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    TL;DR: buy pay to win toons

Maraxus takes time to give people tips on how to beat this and this is your thanks? The only toon he has on his team that isn't f2p is Rex. Who can be gotten through shipments with crystals from arena wins and dailies.
  • Niemsco
    104 posts Member
    Nice write up, thanks. And congrats!
  • Amazing. Thanks!
  • Well written!
    Thanks a lot
  • Thanks for taking the time to write this post. Very informative.
  • Very nice write up. For folks who can't get Rex, a fully upgraded Chewie can help suppress the Captain.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • aerendhil
    503 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Ok, I understand why Teebo is so important, but... could we have an ewok-less guide ? :) please ?

Would the following team works =
    Rex (L)
    Clone Sergeant
    Fives
    Chewbacca
    QGJ

also available to a reasonnable level : Phasma / Yoda / Old Ben / ST Han
    Post edited by aerendhil on
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Thanks for the write-up! Much appreciated. Some good insights here.

~OrionPeace
  • Well written! Shared with my Guild on Discord! Thanks Maraxus!
  • Whattie
    14 posts Member
    In our Guild we can do from 2ml to 5ml dmg with 1 run using Teebo Fives Qgj Elder and either Scout or Genosian soldier. Strategy is almost same. This in raid tier 6
  • Thanks for sharing. hopefully have my teebo raid ready soon.
  • @Maraxus
    Amazing write. Always helping the comunity. Good job bro

Thank you
    javo
  • aerendhil wrote: »
    Ok, I understand why Teebo is so important, but... could we have an ewok-less guide ? :) please ?

Rex (L)
    Clone Sergeant
    Fives
    Chewbacca
    QGJ

You need Teebo. No other toon can remove the amount of TM that he can, not even close. This tactic doesn't work without him.
  • Riggin12
    129 posts Member
    Thank you, this is very helpful even for those of us who cannot replicate the same lineup.
  • Maraxus
    821 posts Member
    DjangoQuik wrote: »
    aerendhil wrote: »

Rex (L)
    Clone Sergeant
    Fives
    Chewbacca
    QGJ

You need Teebo. No other toon can remove the amount of TM that he can, not even close. This tactic doesn't work without him.

Agreed, i beleive the best non Ewok strategy cannot be tm manipulation, it needs to be dps. The one that has worked best for us has been

Phasma (L)
    qgj
    Gs.
    Rey.
    Ackbar/rex

• hoot
    53 posts Member
    Very informative thank you
  • Riggin12 wrote: »
    Thank you, this is very helpful even for those of us who cannot replicate the same lineup.

Thanks to this info from @Maraxus original post I've been able to vastly increase my damage on T5 even though I don't have anywhere near the team he has. The strategy works wonders. I've just done my best score against T5 guards at nearly 600k, using:

Teebo (L) 6 star gear 8
    Phasma 7 star gear 8
    Ewok Elder 5 star gear 8
    ST Han 7 star gear 9
    RG 7 star gear 8 (planning to swap this for some DPS next try, probably Lumi, as she's my top dps)

ST Han only does a small (and somewhat unreliable) TM removal each turn but it's saved me a bunch of times. Useful stuff even without maxed omega'd toons, no rex or qgj.
  • Carth_Onassi1973
    1704 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Maraxus wrote: »

Maraxus, for Team Instinct.

Thank you for taking the time to share @Maraxus:smile:

• Maraxus
    821 posts Member
    DjangoQuik wrote: »
    Riggin12 wrote: »

Thanks to this info from @Maraxus original post I've been able to vastly increase my damage on T5 even though I don't have anywhere near the team he has. The strategy works wonders. I've just done my best score against T5 guards at nearly 600k, using:

Teebo (L) 6 star gear 8
    Phasma 7 star gear 8
    Ewok Elder 5 star gear 8
    ST Han 7 star gear 9
    RG 7 star gear 8 (planning to swap this for some DPS next try, probably Lumi, as she's my top dps)

ST Han only does a small (and somewhat unreliable) TM removal each turn but it's saved me a bunch of times. Useful stuff even without maxed omega'd toons, no rex or qgj.

I am glad it has helped you. Congrats on highest score!

Indeed even if my compo has rex, most of the info not regarding rex specifically is still valid.
  • jrenz33
    45 posts Member
    "and you remember his Victory march is ready to go"

As Captain Phasma is a woman, this invalid8tes the entire p0st. obviously: if u coold be so carelesss with a pronoun we cannot trust ur judgmeant whatsoever.
  • Nice guide. Thanks.
  • jrenz33 wrote: »

As Captain Phasma is a woman, this invalid8tes the entire p0st. obviously: if u coold be so carelesss with a pronoun we cannot trust ur judgmeant whatsoever.

R u serious? He/she did admit he/she's not a native English speaker. Rather than commending him/her for taking time to share such valuable info, you decide to pick on this grammar mistake?

Come on, no need to be so hostile.
  • Haihs
    151 posts Member
    My issue is not having Rex
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    jrenz33 wrote: »

R u serious? He/she did admit he/she's not a native English speaker. Rather than commending him/her for taking time to share such valuable info, you decide to pick on this grammar mistake?

Come on, no need to be so hostile.

Do you not realize that's either a troll or a joke?
  • Maraxus
    821 posts Member
    Haihs wrote: »
    My issue is not having Rex

As other guys have proven, ewok scout is a very viable option and maybe even chewbaka. But having not tried them myself yet i cannot commentmore than that.

The rest of the tips still do apply to all other toons (when and how to use skill). So hopefully you can still partially use this.

Good luck
  • @Maraxus
    the left pig - is it left on screen or left from captains view?
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    can akbar replace rex?
  • @Maraxus
    the left pig - is it left on screen or left from captains view?

This, which one is the right and which one is the left? To the right of the cap or to the right of the screen?