Barriss Offee still useful in GW?

It seems like the primary goal of the Galactic War is to keep your team alive for as many missions as possible. Therefore, even though I've moved Barriss Offee out of my arena team, I still have her as my leader in GW. She has several things that I still feel that make her useful in that case.

1. She increases the maximum health of all my characters.
2. She can pseudo-heal through healing immunity.
3. If one of my characters has been focused on, but the rest of my team is at high health, she has high value.
4. She has very high health.
5. Her heal from standard attacks can be useful prepping for the next round (though it isn't reliable).

However, I'm wondering if people have ideas on how to replace her. One thought was to use a character that can remove all negative status effects.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Replies

• Best replacementnis Luminara with 6 ability heal, combined with retreat. The problem with Barriss isnthat that 700 dmg she just did didn't kill that char that has just done 7k damage to you, butnthat Lumineould have eliminated with 3.5k regular or 6.5k special. And now you can't heal because your last heal was 2 turns ago and still 3 turns until cooldown finishes. By the time the fight ends, you are low on HP on 3 chars and next fight you lose 2 A team chars.

Barriss has a place when you face extremely hard damage opponents. Her extra HP ensures no char is one shot, then younwipe 1 enemy char, equalize team, and summon hernout to continue 5 vs 4 with a healthy rooster. That's how Inuse it...once in those GE days that present aleia, FOTP, etc. and where Indefinitely don't want a retreat before the speedy guy goes down.
  • I bring her in when I have a tough enemy team and they have a Sid + another threat I need to kill before Sid (FOTP or leia) otherwise I use Luminara
  • I run Barriss as leader in GW for exactly the reasons the OP mentions. I also keep Luminara in the lineup for the main GW team since she is a powerhouse attacker with the great oh-crap heal when you need it.

Experiment with whatever you have available. It really depends what your roster contains and how many alternatives you have. I think Barriss is nice insurance for GW, despite her lack of dps.
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • I like her for the end of each battle. If you leave their tank(s) for last, who have presumably been healed since they taunted you, then her leader ability can heal up all your toons faster than they take damage and you reset all of your special ability counters.

The best is when they have both a Barriss and a Chewbacca or a Chewbacca who uses a taunt and then a self heal left. You end up getting 2-4 turns of automatic healing while taking little to no damage.
  • garublador wrote: »
    I like her for the end of each battle. If you leave their tank(s) for last, who have presumably been healed since they taunted you, then her leader ability can heal up all your toons faster than they take damage and you reset all of your special ability counters.

The best is when they have both a Barriss and a Chewbacca or a Chewbacca who uses a taunt and then a self heal left. You end up getting 2-4 turns of automatic healing while taking little to no damage.

This. Her weak attack becomes helpful at the end of matches too as it gives your other characters more opportunity to reset their cooldowns.
  • Her as GW leader = easymode
    --Nud Stark--
  • Mate she´s hands down the best leader you can have in GW
  • Simple answer is yes, for the reasons listed. At level 60 I run her as lead despite being 4*. I generally use Sid, Lumi, Talia and Ashoka (all 6/7* full kit) with her through the first half of GW. After that it depends on enemy team makeup and rng, but usually she is replaced by phasma for last 3 battles for turn meter control and assists. Also, as mentioned great for use at end of battles to help with cooldowns and healing.
  • Mizo
    172 posts Member
    Bareass is the best char for GW. She keeps your heAlth topped off.