The Gear System is no fun

Drake23
866 posts Member
People are complaining about GW and people are complaining about arena and of course about raid rewards. So where are the poeple gone who are complaining about the gear system.

Why I have 757 Mk 5 SoroSuub Keypads and only 13 Mk 4 SoroSuub Keypads
Why I have 678 Mk 4 A/KT Stun Guns and only 15 Mk 5 A/KT Stun Guns

Where is the logic?
Drake23, Its a trap

Replies

• Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Agreed. Gear system sucks and we need a way to trade gear for other gear. If I have 20 mk 4 furnaces, I should be able to dismantle them for enough parts to build a mk 5.
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    So true. Worst part about the game. And with how much weight gear carries for the overall power of your characters the rubish system fouls up every aspect of the game.
  • We need a gear shop. Trade unused/unwanted gear for crystals
  • Parad1sel
    234 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    The gear system blows because there was no intention of longevity. They need to either dump it completely and restart or build a new system going forth. Those at x stay at x but going forth use the new system. Tanks use str gear and different tanks require different agi gear, jedI sith in gear bulk, attackers get str bulk. Add a new type for utility classes. Just like mmos.

Allow trading of gear.

As it is everyone pretty much needs the same items and is cookie cutter pathetic.

If they want this game to last they need to move away from cookie cutter.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    As much as I hate crafting in most games, I would love to be able to craft gear.
    10-15 Mk3 Droid Caller = 1 Mk4 Droid Caller
    15-20 Mk4 Droid Caller = 1 Mk5 Droid Caller

Let us use what we collect on the way to upper levels in upper levels
  • C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    Daishi wrote: »
    Agreed. Gear system sucks and we need a way to trade gear for other gear. If I have 20 mk 4 furnaces, I should be able to dismantle them for enough parts to build a mk 5.
    Daishi wrote: »

+1
  • CCR5757
    16 posts Member
    Could not agree more!
  • MayCM
    124 posts Member
    I gear up new toons from 0 to 8 in two days. Guess why. But generally you are right. However, imagine how long it would take if gears below lvl 8 weren't abundant.
  • Although both can be grindy, character shards are simply more fun to farm than gear. The thing that really makes gear suck is the terrible drop rate and unobtainability. It's far more frustrating than fun to spend 100 energy for one lousy salvage piece. At least give the illusion of progress.
  • 1+
  • GCor71
    49 posts Member
    Varlie wrote: »
    As much as I hate crafting in most games, I would love to be able to craft gear.
    10-15 Mk3 Droid Caller = 1 Mk4 Droid Caller
    15-20 Mk4 Droid Caller = 1 Mk5 Droid Caller

Let us use what we collect on the way to upper levels in upper levels

+1
  • The gear system is awful. You get too much of the gear you don't need and it is impossible to get the gear for levels 9 and 10. Furnaces for example, almost every character needs them and I can't get them. 28 raids competed ... zero furnaces and yes I am in a guild that does level 7.
  • It looks like I'll be stuck at Gear Level VIII for a long time, cuz I am not going to spend the kind of cash EA currently drools over in exchange for fully crafted gear above VIII.
  • In my opinion gearing a toon can be great fun, until you reach Gear level 7 then the grind begins and the fun slips. Gear level 8 is reached and then your faced with having to spend 16,400 guild coins to get 50 droid callers for 1 gear slot, I have not earned even 5,000 guild coins and that is just the droid callers not the unobtainable furnaces.....

I +1 being able to use your old gear to craft the new ones.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    They used to have an inventory screen for all your stuff, and you could sell excess for credits. They stopped doing that...I forget, maybe back in February.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    They used to have an inventory screen for all your stuff, and you could sell excess for credits. They stopped doing that...I forget, maybe back in February.

Selling for credits is not a solution if you can't buy what you need. In the shipments there are not enough items to buy.
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • So much worthless gear, so much unobtainable gear needed I understand they need to make money and keep the lights on. With that being said is it really necessary to need 50 caller droids for a gear slot that are 1,640 guild coins for....5? 16400 for all 50 if I saved all my guild coins in lets see maybe a year I could get one gear slot filled.
  • Twiztid8
    79 posts Member
    As much as I would love for them to add a crafting section to the game. Just look at the Shard Shop. 15 tokens for 1 shard... Point being the transfer rate would be horrible. It would still be welcome I guess
  • They should allow you to gear differently in each slot meaning that my QGJ could have different attributes to another players QGJ. Currently every QGJ at the same gear level is exactly the same. No variety of thought required.

It would be handy to get rid of gear that you have lots of for gear you have little of or maybe even credits. Oh wait you used to be able to do that and the developers removed it. Another well thought out piece of work there...
  • The logic is simple...you need a ton of gear A and it's really hard to get it...so you get frustrated...and then it magically apears in shipments for 300-1,400 crystals so you pay for it
    EA...and freemium in general is all about profit and borderline keeping you from quiting.