Dark Side pulling me to buy crystals

New player, only 10 days in, trying to farm Lumi and 5's, then Phasma and Sid but my team is aweful...
Level 42 with 7 toons leveled up...new server so ranked in 60s in Arena but 0-3 in GW since it unlocked for me...
4*Chewy and Mace, 3*ST Han, Talia, JC and Jawa and several 1* guys; concentrating on gearing up first...is this the right approach?
Can easily see me blow $99 for the Vault of Crystals lol

Replies

• Patient you must be young Jedi. Force with you it is. Long journey ahead there is. Quick path you take shall be that of the dark side. Don't be anakin. Don't buy the crystals.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Crystals are fine. What you absolutely need to stay away from are chromium packs.
  • Smite
    259 posts Member
    If you want to setup a real good teams you need to spend A LOT more.

The real fun starts with the toons that are only available from chromium packs! And don't buy one and expect to find the toon you want. There are around 70 toons available. And even if you got one already, it can be in found in the pack and converted to shards.

I was farming for a special toon and ended up with a couple of 7*s, including 7* Leia and additional 250 shards of no use.

I spend around $2.000 and got what I paid for - patience is not my virtue :-)
  • I think I just read the spend spend spend thread word for word on another thread. You can farm super great characters with low amounts of crystals. Focus and patience or the shard lottery. That is the real choice.
  • Your best bet are packs. You get some great stuff from the 8x pack.
  • ObiWanAoki
    5 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Reddplague wrote: »
    Your best bet are packs. You get some great stuff from the 8x pack.

EA employee? Chromium packs are a massive gamble. Never buy Chromium Packs unless you are a total Scrooge Mcduck. You can spend $100 and be very upset. Like if you get a bunch of non farmable characters, rendering your $100 useless.

The Force Awakens bundle is where it's at if you plan on spending a good amount of money on the game. Everything in the pack is farmable. If you buy the bundle you don't ever have to spend again. Crystals are ALOT better for refills.
  • Dal_Zuba wrote: »
    New player, only 10 days in, trying to farm Lumi and 5's, then Phasma and Sid but my team is aweful...
    Level 42 with 7 toons leveled up...new server so ranked in 60s in Arena but 0-3 in GW since it unlocked for me...
    4*Chewy and Mace, 3*ST Han, Talia, JC and Jawa and several 1* guys; concentrating on gearing up first...is this the right approach?
    Can easily see me blow $99 for the Vault of Crystals lol

Unless you are willing to commit far more, I would suggest not using those crystals on chromium packs. That being said, character packs allow you to focus on teams that you are interested in. For example buying the Droid pack if you want to build a droid team.