Ok. A serious thank you

Prev1
Kane13
256 posts Member
I for one am happy with the game and think it's pretty amazing. The devs work hard to give us new content pretty much weekly and I feel bad that they have to deal with this forum and all the whining. It's too bad they have to listen and now have made GW just another auto button push event. Sure there's been a few hiccups but it's to be expected from a game that's 7 months old. So thanks to the mods and devs. I enjoy your game. Go ahead and flame away whiners. Ask me for 500 crystals or to nerf me cause I'm OP.

Replies

• I've been playing since November and still enjoy this game very much. As Kane said - thank you.
  • Kane13 wrote: »
    I for one am happy with the game and think it's pretty amazing. The devs work hard to give us new content pretty much weekly and I feel bad that they have to deal with this forum and all the whining. It's too bad they have to listen and now have made GW just another auto button push event. Sure there's been a few hiccups but it's to be expected from a game that's 7 months old. So thanks to the mods and devs. I enjoy your game. Go ahead and flame away whiners. Ask me for 500 crystals or to nerf me cause I'm OP.

• I agree. Not so much about the developers, although they have been producing a lot of content an characters recently, but the mods. They eat a lot of cow patties for zero pay. In fact they give up their own free time to watch over the forums. You can agree or disagree with them, but they deserve your respect.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    I enjoy the game but don't agree the development team deals with the issues high level players have.
  • lol
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    just going to totally edit this reply...

They changed it for an in-game reason too I'm sure, its possible there were less and less people were completing Galactic War because it was too tedious for the amount of rewards given and decided it was in need of a change
    Post edited by Allenb60 on

It's never bad to see things from the other side. There is always some good to be found. However, don't let yourself fall too far to one side, where you become a fanboy who's incapable of seeing obvious fault. Fanboys are just as annoying and just as toxic as habitual naysayers.

Somewhere right inbetween is the optimal position. One capable of praising and criticizing, when appropriate.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Somewhere right inbetween is the optimal position. One capable of praising and criticizing, when appropriate.

+1 to that.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107

Hows it feel to be the minority?

No higher compliment, to be one who stands alone with the courage of his convictions. Far better indeed, than being one who rides with the herd.

How's it feel to be a moo cow herd-beast?

• Kane13
    256 posts Member
    Kane13 wrote: »

It's never bad to see things from the other side. There is always some good to be found. However, don't let yourself fall too far to one side, where you become a fanboy who's incapable of seeing obvious fault. Fanboys are just as annoying and just as toxic as habitual naysayers.

I can agree to a point with that. I'm by no means a fanboy. I'm not posting threads everyday saying how great everything is. This game in my opinion is good. The graphics are above the norm. The gameplay is fun. Yeah there's been some hiccups like I said but it gets old reading the forums and every other post is nerf, unfair, give me crystals, blah blah. It's funny because everyone that whines and complains IS STILL PLAYING the game. If you don't like the game, quit playing, quit putting money into it. I'm just giving a little love because I think it's needed at this point.
  • Kane13
    256 posts Member
    Allenb60 wrote: »

They changed it for an in-game reason too I'm sure, its possible there were less and less people were completing Galactic War because it was too tedious for the amount of rewards given and decided it was in need of a change

If by tedious you mean it was the only challenging thing in this game with the best rewards then I Agree. All you needed was a good A team and a decent B team and it could be done every time. Not being rude and I understand it took awhile but at least it wasn't a push the auto button. Until now
  • Kane13
    256 posts Member
    edited June 2016

So I'm assuming since you bolded the auto button comment your feeling that most of the community couldn't clear GW everyday. I can't prove either way but I'm in a guild of 50 with ranks from 80 to 70. No one had a problem getting it done. Don't know how hard it is below 70 but I doubt your facing meta teams for 5 nodes straight. My point was at least it was somewhat challenging. Now...meh
  • +1 OP

Whiners, you just can't resist, can you? I say take your negativity to any of the other hate-fest threads you've created for yourselves. Why must you contaminate this one too? Also, it is unclear whether OP is in the minority. Unhappy and dissatisfied customers are always the most vocal on this World Wide Web of ours.

I like the sentiment of taking a middle road rather than praising without restraint (as if), but people need to be more respectful in how they give feedback to the devs and mods. The sense of entitlement in so many of these forum posts is poisonous and childish. I find it comical, but maybe those who spend days trying to make this game better are offended or hurt by how callously so many players bash them. Maybe EA/CG has a reputation for greed for good reason, but I am grateful for the opportunity to experience this historic and nostalgic franchise on a daily basis, even if it is a silly screen tapping turn by turn game.
  • luisgin
    122 posts Member
    Corndog131 wrote: »
    I've been playing since November and still enjoy this game very much. As Kane said - thank you.

Same here, since November and never missed a day
  • I still enjoy the game. The gear wall is annoying. The raid drop RNG and ease of T7 HP wise is sad as it makes GP lack. The play though is fun.

I had stopped doing GW. When you are hitting Rex lead clone builds at 10/11 omega and Rex lead Leia Rey Secura 5's builds 10/11 omega from the start it gets to be far more hassle than the return. Just was not worth it to me. I could still slug through it, and did out of boredom at times, but it was not fun.

They reworked it at the masses request. It was the opposite. Node 1 I messed around testing AI targeting trends going in with only 2 at a time, and never came close to loosing.

I then decided to just run my old school GW build of Barriss lead Lumi Dooku Sid GS(but GS is maxed and omega) so I put Tano in. no amegas on any, none over gear 9. I ended at node 10 all pretty full HP. My Node 11 they would have been decimated by an omegaed up Rex lead Phasma Secura Q Han build all 10 or 11 so I decided to test a build that was not ready fully, only 2/5 max gear and only 3/5 max abilities and only 1 omega in the bunch. It performed a bit better than expected, but lost as I figured. Popped in the old school to mop up.

I got to finish with a Max gear omegaed Ben lead Rey, Leia, Aayla, 5's so I had a fun arena battle to end it in which I utterly dismantled them with protection left on all.

It went from 1 extreme to the other. Vastly easy from the 12 high geared arena battles it was.

A happy medium would be cool. Given rewards are not killer I prefer it easier to the arena war slugfest it was. One thing that did not change for me was the insane AI Dodge and RNG. virtually every stun they attemnpteclanded, any res opportunity happened, and the dodge was obscene. I had a character dodge 5/5 while stunned in one node and 2/3 in another. It was typical and unchanged there.

In they end they are listening, changing things to try to make people happy and have a fun product. Gear wall, they are offering the gear in shipments, and not in a way you can just get a ton instantly.

I agree thank you. Look forward to Ani becoming good and hopefully other much needed reworks.

If by tedious you mean it was the only challenging thing in this game with the best rewards then I Agree. All you needed was a good A team and a decent B team and it could be done every time. Not being rude and I understand it took awhile but at least it wasn't a push the auto button. Until now

Whats your arena power?
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Your souls are already lost and sold to the devil :d But seriously, the money milking is so obvious it's sickening
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • CronozNL wrote: »
    Your souls are already lost and sold to the devil :d But seriously, the money milking is so obvious it's sickening

What's your arena power?
  • Yeah, this game is better than many others out there. I normally have one phone game on the go at any given time which I normally play for about six months. My previous game was Taichi Panda; I had played it for ages and reached endgame, felt I had "completed" the game (or at least exhausted its entertainment potential), so I left. The trick with these games is knowing when to bail, and not spending so much that you can't leave without feeling dumb.
    People who have spent a lot tend to feel the devs "owe them" for lining their pockets and are inclined to whinge when things don't go their way. Really they should just accept that they have exhausted the game and move on to something else, but they hang around so they feel they are getting their money's worth. If you don't like the pot you are smoking, go to another dealer.
  • Talia
    180 posts Member
    At what lvl this lucky? lol although it is fair enough.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member

Agreed. It was fun, untill gear disaster. So far I got more and more irritated.
  • Seknos
    306 posts Member
    I'm farming holo projectors right now to craft furnaces. Every time I get one the software does a quick kind of buffer and I will not hit another for probably another 8 times minimum. Also farming Ray and I was 3 shards from 5 star and she mysteriously disappears from guild shop for 3 days. **** is so obvious EA. I'll keep playing though cause I'm addicted.

whining or not whining ? Title of the thread is "Rigged software"

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/42865/rigged-software#latest

• I never played a mobile game this much time as i play swgoh. Its just a fun game, its pretty hard to imrpove yourself and i like that and its a game where you dont have to just swipe right or left or press one button all the time. Awesome game
  • Seknos
    306 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Briglja wrote: »
    I never played a mobile game this much time as i play swgoh. Its just a fun game, its pretty hard to improve yourself and i like that and its a game where you don't have to just swipe right or left or press one button all the time. Awesome game

Yup, it is definitely a good game otherwise we would not be playing it anymore.
    Players are entitled to share their opinion, good or bad. Do not put people in a box : whiners or fanboys because they give some feedback. If someone is passionate enough to take the time to post on the forum they deserve some respect. Even if we might disagree.

Good points :
    - I love GW changes, faster and easier.
    - Rotation of Raid gear in shipment (Droid callers and such).
    - There are a lot more events lately (Empire event, Female char event, Force champion event).
    - Anakin rework is a good thing, hope he brings balance to the force.

Negative points :

- Many, many bugs : Devour bug, Teebo bugs, Dumb AI, Yoda masterstroke still bugged.
    - Misleading information in events and wide RNG based rewards. (From 28k to 500k for FCEvent).
    - Misleading information in Raid Rewards, i finished 1st or 2nd in 24 raids got 3 basic fully crafted pieces, 0 furnace and such. High chance or the best chance can not be less than 13%.
    - Misleading information on both rancor boost packs.
    Even if those info are being corrected, there is a pattern here.
    Post edited by Seknos on
  • Kane13
    256 posts Member
    CronozNL wrote: »

What's your arena power?

Depends on the team. My top 5 toons are 37k
  • darkside
    287 posts Member

+1
  • Batman44gaming
    1826 posts Member
    edited June 2016

I guess you never had to deal with meta teams from node 4 onward?
    It took way too long for minimal rewards
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Kane13
    256 posts Member
    Seknos wrote: »
    I'm farming holo projectors right now to craft furnaces. Every time I get one the software does a quick kind of buffer and I will not hit another for probably another 8 times minimum. Also farming Ray and I was 3 shards from 5 star and she mysteriously disappears from guild shop for 3 days. **** is so obvious EA. I'll keep playing though cause I'm addicted.

whining or not whining ? Title of the thread is "Rigged software"

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/42865/rigged-software#latest

Haha. Just pointing out the obvious bud. You must of missed the humor in the thread at the end. Sorry you couldn't figure that out on your own
  • Kane13
    256 posts Member

I guess you never had to deal with meta teams from node 4 onward?
    It took way too long for minimal rewards

Yeah I did and it was the most challenging thing in the game. I liked it. Don't really like pushing the auto button to play a game