Problem with Raid T7. Dmg limitation ?

Tomek
327 posts Member
edited June 2016
My guild GeOP decided yesterday to try first time T7.

Each player should fight 1 team in Phase1 or P2 or P3. The P4 should be for all , for all the rest teams.
The P1 was for test for the strongest player in our guild. He finished it all in 30 minutes . The phase 2 started 15 players and finished in 10 minutes. The phase 3 similar number of players and finished in 12 minutes. +- 20 players did not fighted in P123 and they received P4 only for theirs exclusive without limitation to used teams. They finished P4 in 20 minutes. (We controled the boss, when he died on the end of each phase, all the rest players abandoned the rajd.)

This is a question to all of you , who found the solution for tier 7. How should we play it ? The best can be to limit each player to make 200.000 dmg . But how can we do it? Not possible to auto kill team without making next damage on boss.
If we will not limit T7 , it will be possible to finish it with only half of guild.
Please write about your solution or ideas.

Replies

• False starting

Raid starts 24 hours no damage everyone throws a toon under the bus.

24 hours up

Everyone hits phase 1 preloaded then continues to hit it till the end.

All on the board no one misses out if they can't make the raid time.
  • False starting

Raid starts 24 hours no damage everyone throws a toon under the bus.

24 hours up

Everyone hits phase 1 preloaded then continues to hit it till the end.

All on the board no one misses out if they can't make the raid time.

This
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    The only consideration is that if you want a good P1 run you do better if you don't send in the tap toon as it reduces the enrage cool down.

Also make sure you prefight your phase 1 so you maximize time in the raid.

Only other option is free for all from start but then anyone missing doesn't get any rewards.

Don't try to police damage as people will always cheat just a bit so you don't know if it's accidental or intentional.
  • I don't understand folks that want to have a raid to drag on for so long... 24 hours+. You can't do a raid 2 days in a row this way. If you wanted to schedule 2 weekend raids, you can't. You will basically be somehow involved with a raid just about every day of the week.

Rule #1 for guilds: Be Active!
    This rule eliminates the babysitting of people for 24 hours. If the guild time zone does not work for you then you need to find another guild.

Example.... T7 Raid Starts at 1PM Eastern. Everyone can go in to hit ONE TIME until 9PM Eastern. That gives everyone a chance to get in on the raid. Some damage is wasted between stages which is good when you have a strong guild. If it is still alive at 9PM Eastern then it is a free for all. He is then defeated within just a couple of minutes. You get rewards an hour later. All handled nice and neat within one day.

A problem comes up when the guild is too strong and everyone hitting ONE TIME kills it and people don't get to hit. My guild has stopped recruiting whales/people with really strong accounts. If someone leaves, this can be viewed as a good thing. New recruits just have 5-10 7* characters and are active/willing to produce the daily 600. My guild has not killed the event with everyone just hitting once but it is getting close. So, we might have to split our guild in two and create an entirely new guild which is nuts. I understand this is why some guilds are tossing 1 character in to sacrifice and just get on the leaderboard within 24 hours...but if you go this route I would recommend an 8 hour window, not 24! But then once that time period is up and if you can't be in the raid, you have a short window of time to hit and improve your chances of rewards.

The best solution is for EA to re-do this T7 event. Add another boss to kill? Something needs to be done since the raid is too easy.
  • KeyMan64x wrote: »
    I don't understand folks that want to have a raid to drag on for so long... 24 hours+. You can't do a raid 2 days in a row this way. If you wanted to schedule 2 weekend raids, you can't. You will basically be somehow involved with a raid just about every day of the week.

Rule #1 for guilds: Be Active!
    This rule eliminates the babysitting of people for 24 hours. If the guild time zone does not work for you then you need to find another guild.

Example.... T7 Raid Starts at 1PM Eastern. Everyone can go in to hit ONE TIME until 9PM Eastern. That gives everyone a chance to get in on the raid. Some damage is wasted between stages which is good when you have a strong guild. If it is still alive at 9PM Eastern then it is a free for all. He is then defeated within just a couple of minutes. You get rewards an hour later. All handled nice and neat within one day.

A problem comes up when the guild is too strong and everyone hitting ONE TIME kills it and people don't get to hit. My guild has stopped recruiting whales/people with really strong accounts. If someone leaves, this can be viewed as a good thing. New recruits just have 5-10 7* characters and are active/willing to produce the daily 600. My guild has not killed the event with everyone just hitting once but it is getting close. So, we might have to split our guild in two and create an entirely new guild which is nuts. I understand this is why some guilds are tossing 1 character in to sacrifice and just get on the leaderboard within 24 hours...but if you go this route I would recommend an 8 hour window, not 24! But then once that time period is up and if you can't be in the raid, you have a short window of time to hit and improve your chances of rewards.

The best solution is for EA to re-do this T7 event. Add another boss to kill? Something needs to be done since the raid is too easy.

ANZGC contains alot of family men and workers we are nice enough to help each other hence my post is still the better choice. Plus unless I'm missing something a guild can do 3 tier 7s a week.

Tuesday
    Thursday
    Sunday

Works best for us if it helps.

• We start raids at 3 different times, rotating 8hours forward each raid.
    ---
    First 12hours every player is only allowed to attack once, after that free for all zerg (Rancor usually halfway dead in P4 at this time) .
    ---
    The 12hour rule is there to make sure most people will get atleast 1 hit in & get the rewards - Rotation to account for having players in all sorts of timezones. Been working fine so far, we always waste millions of damage in P1, but no big deal.
  • If your guild does NOT have everyone producing their daily 600 then yes, your guild is missing something! It is missing an extra raid every two weeks. That's extra rewards, guild currency, gear, credits....etc.

My guild does:
    Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday
    Saturday, Sunday, Thursday
    etc.....