Newish player looking for help cracking arena top 1000

Newish player (level 61) looking for any advice I can get as the arena seems to be the only aspect of the game that isn't any fun. I generally hang out around 1200 but can't seem to beat anyone higher than that. I've posted my current options below ad well as typical arena opponents.

I'm doing 3-4 refreshes a day or so farming gear and geo soldier, qgj and phasma shards, but it doesn't seem to be helping me catch up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

doXCZqR.jpg

LAaTzrO.jpg

Replies

• UlicQ
    198 posts Member
    I think I would run
    Phasma (L)
    Lumi
    Sid
    Gs
    QGJ

The problem is your opponents are outclassing you in levels, gear, and stars.

It's probably going to take some time to get a squad up to that level.
  • Thalara
    22 posts Member
    You need to be at least 72 to be able to use most leader maxed ability, don't waste your time trying to get higher before you reach that level. Then, you need 5 seven stars toons with good AI to work on defense and annoying ability (speed down, stun, ability block, etc...).
    Otherwise, the easier way to ve a strong arena team fast is to run a droid team.
    Poogle the Lesser (Lead) Poe Dameron, IG 86, IG 88 and Geonosian Soldier.
    You can ve most of this toons in different shipment (Cantina, Arena, Galactic War).
  • Thanks, appreciate it! I guess I just forgot how annoying it can be to play a "new to me" game that isn't actually new,and start off so far behind. Hopefully (for me) they leave the level cap in place for a while...
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Bro, you have it already. Just keep leveling up. Try to do as many of the Dailies as you can. You'll be there in a few weeks.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    did you perhaps take a break from the game, but started playing agian?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I see you've got a 3 star royal guard down there. I'd focus my shard farming on him as much as possible because he'll be the key to defending any progress you make into the top 1000. I would consider putting him in your team when he hits 5 star if you have him sufficiently geared up.

Phasma (L)
    QGJ
    Lumi
    GS
    RG

Should be solid to get you into the top 1000 at least.
  • Hegotgame42
    56 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    leef wrote: »

Not really a break, more like a false start. I downloaded it when it was released, decided there was no way I was going to try be competitive in two mobile games at once (swfc), and unintalled
  • Team 1

Dooku (L)
    Gs
    Phasma
    Lumi
    QGJ

Team 2

Phasma (L)
    gs
    QGj
    lumi
    Dooku

Royal guard will take some time to get as its unlocked at 77 or 78 in cantina But if your looking for the Long run RG is good to get
  • Could I go for Han from arena instead of rg? Was thinking of Leia from there but maybe Han could bridge the rg gap?
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Where you are at the moment you might as well Max lumi, QGJ, phasma, GS and Sid. I don't think you can move much until you've levelled and geared them up a bit more. As soon as they are up to speed you'll soon want to ditch Sid, the others will remain useful
  • Wow you are really far behind. Seems to me it will be really hard to get back up in the top in arena.

My advice would be to start over. Keep resetting the game until you get Rey with the first chromium pull or at least a viable 4 star character. Should only take you a month to get back to where you are now. At that point your team will be much better with the experience you have.

From the start work on ST Han from arena, RG from hard nodes, Rey from hard nodes, Lumi from GW, and GS from Cantina nodes, QGJ from Cantina shop. With that team you should be top 20.
  • Onetime7979
    1012 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Yes han maybe or some Tank and remove Lumi from my line ups I mentioned.
    or
    The second team take out Lumi and Dooku replace with rey and han. (RG would be a better choice with that team I think unless you get Han to gear 10 +

#8 atm
  • Kilton
    49 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    You will never catch up if you downloaded it at the start and then came back to it. You and 19999 other people started on that server that day and that is who you are playing against in arena. My advise is start all over and stay focused on the core you need for arena and GW. Spend to get to the top in arena and you can stay there and reap those rewards fairly easily.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

Not really a break, more like a false start. I downloaded it when it was released, decided there was no way I was going to try be competitive in two mobile games at once (swfc), and unintalled

the opponents you face in arena is based on when you started playing. I'm not completely sure because you say you installed it when it was released, lvl 70 at rank 1000 seems pretty low for that many months of playing, even at rank 1000, but you being kinda far behind probably means that you are facing players that started back when you installed the first time. Them being able to continously play puts you at a mayor disadvantage. I might consider @Jcrandall21 's suggention and start over.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • you only need 5 good toons to be good in arena. I would not start over I would just make a list of the 5 characters you are going to work on. prioritize gear on these 5 characters and do stars as you go. Once you have your 5 ( and it doesn't truly matter until top 50) your offense can get you up there.

If you complete your dailies everyday level 70 will come quickly and the level gap is not as big of a deal as the gear.

Get into a good guild so that you can get extra gear.

Dooku (L) is still the meta right now but if you do Phasma (L)
    Qgj
    geo soldier
    luminari
    red guard ( start pounding him out)
    you should be fine