The Ultimate defensive squad

WildGrunt
1230 posts Member
So I've been trying many different comps to achieve a defensive team that can at least hold every other attack. Tried many combinations yet still seems like whenever I'm attacked something is missing in my team

My current top roster:
ii12X4K.jpg

I appreciate your suggestions..

Replies

• Old Ben (Lead), Sun Fac, Gamorian Guard, 5's, Daka

I call this the "Nothing But Bad Choices" team. Cause, there is no one you really want to attack first.
  • Teebo lead aayla, Poe, rg and fives could work maybe put daka in there for stuns
  • WildGrunt
    1230 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Some of the comps I tried:

Vnlh0CZ.jpg

11zMLUZ.jpg

And that's my main squad:

UQvHaJah.jpg
  • WildGrunt
    1230 posts Member
    Also tried Phasma lead in comp 2
  • WildGrunt
    1230 posts Member
    Thesbus wrote: »
    Old Ben (Lead), Sun Fac, Gamorian Guard, 5's, Daka

I call this the "Nothing But Bad Choices" team. Cause, there is no one you really want to attack first.

I don't have Fun Sac
  • Lightside47
    353 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Unfortunately most everyone can beat everyone, your best bet is a great offensive team.

Maybe phasma lead, Rey, leia, fives and RG
  • WildGrunt
    1230 posts Member
    Unfortunately most everyone can beat everyone, your best bet is a great offensive team.

Yeah but at least some teams can win on defense every now and then
  • I edit my post with suggestion.
  • What would happen if you did something like STH, RG, Barriss, Ewok Elder, Daka?

I don't know if that group would actually defeat anyone, but it would be a pain in the **** to kill. If I saw that group I would probably wouldn't even try to fight it because it looks like too much work.
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Old Ben (L), tusken raider, 5's, Phasma and FoSt
  • Teams only win in defense because of unlucky RNG nothing else. I had two days of horrible RNG. The were the same teams I beat regularly but RNG kicked in and the other team got all the luck. I even had a match were Rey got called for every assist and one shot my team one after the other. She pretty much soloed the entire match.
  • It's not about winning on defense...it's about running out of time lol.
  • Every top team on my server has RG RG RG
  • I personally run Rex Rey Leia RG B2. Not as reliable defensively as dodge, but it's probably ok if rng isn't terrible.
  • Old Ben (L), Leia, Rey, RG, STHan.
    Evasion lead + 2 best DPS + 2 best taunt tanks.
  • Well, Vincelam has suggested "the team" i.e. meta. I second Lightside: Phasma, Rey, RG, Leia, but QGJ rather than Fives so they can't rely on a single taunt to control the match.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    vincelam58 wrote: »
    Old Ben (L), Leia, Rey, RG, STHan.

Eh... Yeah, it's a pain, but anyone running close to whatever gear level you run that team as has a good shot.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • WildGrunt
    1230 posts Member
    Would Old Ben work at G9?
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Old Ben lead, Leia, Fives, RG, Han/Aayla
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Phasma (L), Aayla, Fives/Leia, Daka, RG?
    Different approach, but I feel like on defense, the assists + counterattacks + stuns always seem to proc at the perfect times lol.
    Maybe give that a go just for fun? o:)
  • I think the double tank, double DPS and evasion lead is the closest thing to the ultimate defence
  • Teebo lead teams are surprisingly difficult because the random stealth really messes with the focus fire technique.
  • DevTore
    174 posts Member
    I imagine teebo lead, ee, daka, lumi, barris would be a pain to take down, bit like whack-a-mole
    "No Hassle" guild, for those who want star wars, not drama wars!
  • WhiskeyPug wrote: »
    Teebo lead teams are surprisingly difficult because the random stealth really messes with the focus fire technique.

Aye
    Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side.
  • Thesbus wrote: »
    Old Ben (Lead), Sun Fac, Gamorian Guard, 5's, Daka

Daka. I attack Daka first if I see this.
  • Scourge194 wrote: »
    WhiskeyPug wrote: »
    Teebo lead teams are surprisingly difficult because the random stealth really messes with the focus fire technique.

Aye

I use Vader and 88 to dish out some serious AOE. Eventually Lando could be added. Stealth isn't as effective against that kind of team.
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    What about reverse engineering? I mean, try to think about comps which can be beaten by using most uncommon characters/tactics..
    This is a sort of brainstorming, so be patient, no final solution here and of course feel free to add of your own or to correct me.

So.. What are most common things used by now:

Focus firing
    Dispel
    Outspeeding
    TMM
    Dodge
    Taunting

Now we've to work something about deny the most of that stuff. My guess is that the best defense, since AI will play it for you, lies in RNG and disrupting typical attack patterns as much as you can, to achieve it i'd say that countering focus firing would be my top priority.
    In my opinion Teebo and old Ben are the two leaders that better give you a little bit of both. They have specific counters, like b2 and ventress, or fast stunners but those are not widely used in arena.
    Second thing you don't want is to allow an attacker to control battlefield, and most people do that by using dispellers and StHan/RG. To me the best counter is b2 and Daka.
    Third thing you don't want, as I think that you can't do without at least one major DPS toons, is it being focused down, so i'd take leia for permastealth (I know AI many times doesn't recast stealth soon enough, but Teebo could help with that) or Rey for foresight. Both are fast, hit hard, and have a way to self protect.

So in the end i'd try this:

Teebo L for focus firing disruption, dispel and TM shenanigans

EE to revive/healing if something goes South and debuff cleaning. He has some TMM too if omega on basic

Daka for stun fest (omega on basic) and backup healing/revive

B2 to deny control through dispel and buff immunity

Leia/Rey to deal some damage.

Other options are to sub in Old Ben for Daka and/or, for those who can, sun fac for b2.
    The only FTP option to avoid b2/sun fac is RG, even if he does half the stuff the other two can do, he'd still be a good addition to the party!

I didn't consider current bugs that some toons has, hoping for a fix coming soon™
    Res non verba
  • You should think differently, your focus should be the team that drop the least overnight in your own server. The top 20 guys are constant, so if lots of Ben and Dooku, you should run a team they hate to face, so they will attack u less, something with headache.

Teebo lead is good, dodge team is good, the rest u figure it out
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    vincelam58 wrote: »
    Old Ben (L), Leia, Rey, RG, STHan.

This is a great defensive team.