Star Wars: Is Snoke Darth Plagueis?

13Next

Replies

• Every part of darth maul not being dead after being chopped in half was annoying and painful to watch.
  • KTroy24
    241 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Breetai wrote: »
    As I said. I think Disney is doing away with sith and jedi for there own titled good/bad guys. But I do believe snoke is a sith, and he is the one that will do away with the sith for something else, just like Luke will make something else besides jedi, seeing how his jedi failed.

Can you imagine the outcry and how much people would just hate Disney if they decided to do away with the Jedi and Sith to make their own good/bad guys for Star Wars? Lol
    That would probably be suicide for Star Wars
    Now I actually want to see that happen just to see how the fan base would react.
    Both Original and prequel fans would probably try and burn Disney to the ground lol
    Can't beat POE and aren't willing to change strats to defeat him? Cry nerf lol
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    LORDLIZAMA wrote: »
    I think they done a good job in keeping us very devided on who the bad guys are. This alone shows how good this movie was. I can't wait for the next, Also we did see sidios died so Sidois fan boy please go to sleep, Also worst EU book ever was the whole clone Sidious. Such terrible writing and dead end logic. Only one was able to pull it off in the sci fi genre is Command and conquer Tibirum Wars brand with Kane leader and founder of the brother hood of Nod, i saw that rip off a mile away and hit basically makes Vaders Death very pointless.

We assume sidious died yet did not see him die.
    Darth maul was cut in half AND "fell to his death" yet we saw how he was very much alive and out for revenge in the clone wars cartoon series.

Luke too fell in the same way as sidious yet slid comfortably to a secure rescue.

Not saing Snoke is sidious BUT saying "hes dead" or "we saw him die" is definatly not true
  • KTroy24 wrote: »
    As I said. I think Disney is doing away with sith and jedi for there own titled good/bad guys. But I do believe snoke is a sith, and he is the one that will do away with the sith for something else, just like Luke will make something else besides jedi, seeing how his jedi failed.

Can you imagine the outcry and how much people would just hate Disney if they decided to do away with the Jedi and Sith to make their own good/bad guys for Star Wars? Lol
    Now I actually want to see that happen just to see how the fan base would react.
    Both Original and prequel fans would probably try and burn Disney to the ground lol

Not as much as you think. Us that's 40+ and and have followed star wars as kids will riot, But that's about it, and considering a lot of people my age simply will not care that much, then it will not be as bad as you think. I've meet many people that never even seen the original films ( the horror ), and no desire to do so.

There are plenty of people that only want to watch the movies and not care about books or anything else. Funny thing is a lot of these people consider themselves star wars fan yet the actually know very little of star wars universe

I see Jedi and sith becoming the new Celestials and Rakata. Very important parts of history that are now extict.

Think about how many people actually know what a sith true blood is or looks like? I bet at least half ( if not more ) that play this game can't answer this question without google, and most that can answer it more than likely can only because they played SWTOR.

I'm not knocking these people as it sounds. I'm pointing out why and how Disney could get away with doing away with Jedi and sith
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    KTroy24 wrote: »

To your point, what sith and jedi went to battle whirling those sabers we all love so much in TFA???????
    Luke made nothing more then a guest appearance but other then that, kylo (not a sith) was as close to a sith or jedi as they got. Seems to me IF (that's a BIG "if") they get rid of sith/jedi in favor of new heroes/villans that it has already happened. Time will tell
  • No one knows what Maul did after escaping Sidious at the end of Clone Wars.
    Heronmar wrote: »
    Umm no, Maul is alive (well at least not killed off by anyone) according to cannon.

He's Dead Jim..... your canon is wrong. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgRLAI02Tow

Pay close attention to how his body splits into two pieces when it falls; after Obi-Wan cuts him in half.
    The movies are as canon as it gets.
    I don't care anymore. I tried to be nice, I tried to speak my concerns... you trolls just brought me to the dark side. Way to go. Working as intended.
  • Dirlyn wrote: »
    No one knows what Maul did after escaping Sidious at the end of Clone Wars.
    Heronmar wrote: »
    Umm no, Maul is alive (well at least not killed off by anyone) according to cannon.

He's Dead Jim..... your canon is wrong. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgRLAI02Tow

Pay close attention to how his body splits into two pieces when it falls; after Obi-Wan cuts him in half.
    The movies are as canon as it gets.

Actually the clone wars cartoon is also as canon as it gets, and Darth maul came back in the clone wars, after eps 1 when he was cut in half. There are canon books on maul after eps 1 as well. This books are approved by Disney to be considered canon

Movies is not the be all in star wars, movies are a small % of actual star wars.
  • Breetai wrote: »
    Movies is not the be all in star wars, movies are a small % of actual star wars.

It would be less confusing if they just considered ALL Star Wars to be canon.... Okay, maybe I am wrong then.
    I don't care anymore. I tried to be nice, I tried to speak my concerns... you trolls just brought me to the dark side. Way to go. Working as intended.
  • Dirlyn wrote: »

It would be less confusing if they just considered ALL Star Wars to be canon.... Okay, maybe I am wrong then.

This is true, and all star wars was canon, until Disney bought them and said nope, we changing stuff.

I can understand why throw out everything after ROTJ. Because if they don't thier hands were pretty much tied in what movies they could do as the books go all the way to 65 years after ROTJ. So unless they change the canon, they would have to make movies about a book series that was already out ( and to be honest most stories after ROTJ are not that grate, new Jedi order series being about the worst, and longest )

But saying all the past stuff is no longer canon is something I don't understand. Sure they are making spin off movies from before eps IV, but with the stories they are doing, I don't think it affects any past stuff written. Plus I don't think they are going to do anything in the past. I'll bet you anything they never touch anything from the old republic time line, yet its not considered canon.

I am also betting we will continue to get stuff that comes from past days, and even characters referenced from them times, even more if its not canon. Example. Darth Bane, and Darth Plegieus are considered canon, however the books written about them are not considered canon
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    @Breetai
    Ofcourse they not gonna get the EU as canon. That would mean the movie was already spelled out like the prequels = backlash. They added stuff from EU to the new movie tho like Han/Leia's son and Luke going to that temple.

OT. Snoke has to be Plagueis, if not than for me the movie failed probably :p

The music (theme), the staff, the dots that being connected like Anakin that has no father, his appearance etc.

Please do note that when Disney took over they didn't say Plagueis is a Munn. They deliberataly kept his race out of the info we have been given so far. I also saw a fan related youtube streamer that had this theory as one of the first, when Disney politely asked to change his review regarding Snoke being Plagueis. But as this is the internet, things will come out eventually and now this theory is all over the place. In secret I hope it's Darth Jar Jar but that might be a slap in the face as well ;)

No Snoke has to be Plagueis and definately not Palpatine/Sidious. Andy Serkis said he is a new character but around to witness the rise and fall of the empire. There are simply too many arguements in favor of him being Plagueis where the only counter arguement is that it sort of has been declined by JJ. Well here is a secret for you guys, film directors will always say or not say what they can to not spoil the plot. Did you guys really think he would go like: You're right, he is Plagueis! *secret spoiled*. That he isn't a Munn is also invalid since Disney didn't state his race. His race came from EU and was seen in the prequels as well (banking clan).

The best and least read arguement I like a lot is that when he was a Munn (maybe he still is) he had a lot of influence over the banking clan. Where do you think the Empire (and now First Order) get their money from to keep rebuilding Death Stars? Him plotting from behind the scenes, being injured as he is, can only say to me it's Plagueis.
    So Sidious/Palp said he killed him in his sleep.. Well that might be a lie or just something he thought he saw. It's not the first time someone doesn't die in the SW universe like Maul. Btw I even liked it when someone thought it might be Maul, would be possible considering he never died. I remember in clone wars that Palp said he had a different use for him and we never saw Maul again. Plothole? :P
    Post edited by CronozNL on
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Did you guys hear about the sale at the mall? ..... It's half off
  • CronozNL wrote: »
    In secret I hope it's Darth Jar Jar but that might be a slap in the face as well ;)

Have you read the Jar Jar/Dark Lord theory from reddit? It makes alot of sense (except where the theorist claims Jar Jar will play a big role in TFA) https://www.reddit.com/comments/3qvj6w
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    @Dirlyn yep I know the Reddit theory :)
    I'm really sure Lucas wanted to make him dark side. The evidence I am referring to is the one where Jar Jar jumps from left side balcony, to right side balcony and the CGI droid follows his movements and shoot from left to right. Now in animation it is always intended, why they wanna show us that he went from left to right at an amazing speed? Anyway because of the backlash we got Grevious in return..
  • jpiish
    32 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Plagueis was Darth Jar Jar and in his infinite wisdom he tried to destroy the Star Wars franchise so that the last three movies never got made. Having seen the downfall of his apprentice in the origianls, Plagueis The Wise knew that the darkside would inevitably be defeated in Star Wars 9.
  • @CronozNL oh yes... that one sticks out particularly as a hint there was more intended.... with CGI, there's no margin for "human" error... ie an actor reacting to something before it happens... its something that seems like they cut-out a brief scene where jar-jar MUST pull himself back up and amazingly jump over the two jedi to drop on the other side of them with skill; not the bumbling slips off the edge and grabs to hang on like he does at the beginning of that scene. I think Lucas SHOULD have continued to make him dark side.... we already HATED him with a passion it would just fuel that hatred more for those passionate about the movies.....I mean, in EP1 we see him as this stupid, stoopid, stewpid annoying character, but in EP2 and 3, he seems REALLY composed, matured.... I could have really seen Darth Jar Jar behind the scenes.... the reddit theory makes too many good points, unfortionately it's far too long in the series to bring him back as the supreme Dark Lord.... fans would burn Skywalker Ranch to the ground now....

PrestigiousDefensiveBordercollie.gif
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    @Dirlyn
    Very nice that you found that video! I agree 100% that in epi II he was less goofy and more "dark" in a way. The impact he had on major decisions, the waving with his hands (altho being promoted looked least suspicious) and his mind tricks + saying the words himself was insane. Totally adds up and Lucas was a big fan of major villains/heroes being goofy so people would least expect they are actually the "grand wizard" (like yoda in the OT). What is your opinion on the theory of yoda being a force spirit trapped in the physical world when he was training Luke on Dagobah?
  • Phasma is Reys mum, calling it now xD
  • @CronozNL I have never heard that theory... but since we know at the end of EP3 that he basically went into hiding, and we know his species lives to a really old age; he probably had some help from the Force to stay alive just long enough to train Luke.... Now, here's a theory i thought about while watching TFA... the big eyed alien MaZ Kanata is said to have run her cantina for hundreds of years (i forget the exact number), but we know Yoda died at the young age of over 900.... so where's the Maz/Yoda connection going to be revealed? She references that she is "aware" of the force.... so it suggests she's more than just your average character.... (while looking up her proper name, i found THIS tidbit... a deleted scene has surfaced from TFA that apparently shows Maz using force like powers against the stormtroopers. *POSSIBLE SPOILERS IN THE LINK!* http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/01/15/the-force-awakens-deleted-scene-reveals-something-new-about-maz-kanata

I am looking forward to finding out more about Phasma... I believe they've kept her story simple to bring her into the spotlight at the right time.... and Rey... I have two theories on her... either she's Han and Leia's daughter (which would explain the "hug" at the end of the movie even though they've never met at that point yet); or she's Luke's daughter.... because we already know the flashback scene etc etc.... trying to not spoil too much of the film..... I think you'll get what I'm saying.....

They've definately left ALOT of loose ends in TFA intentionally... which will give us months of speculation, theories and debates... in the end, I think they'll surprise us all.

(an EWOK is the supreme Dark Lord.... calling it now) XD
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Phasma is Reys mum, calling it now xD

Haha valid haha

Well played
  • Tahnhauser
    92 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Every time someone spells canon wrong, a baby wookiee dies.

Cannon, Kanon, caaanon, khannon. Hahahaha! I'm killing get baby wookies! Hahaha. Cannone, kanon, cannon. Muh hahahahaha

• I do think that Snoke is Plagueis. Since Kylo was beat by a defect stormtrooper and a girl who has only just picked up a lightsaber, Luke would destroy him. So I can't see Snoke being a problem to Luke unless he is a powerful sith master. There are some possibilities:
    Snoke is Darth Plagueis, which seems to be the most plausible.
    Snoke is Sidious, which is possible but I don't see why he wouldn't have tried to kill Luke before now. Also seems to be taking a back seat and letting the first order take care of things, which is very unlike sidious (unless he is using them like the seperatists)
    Snoke is a new sith. The only way this is possible is that Plagueis trained him, Sidious was alive and trained him or Darth Maul trained him. We know maul finds and maybe trains Ezra because of the new rebels trailer. Could EZRA be snoke? This is unlikely but we are talking about a galaxy where a slug tried to feed Luke to a giant rectum in the desert.