IG-88 at level 70

Prev1
So I read somewhere that IG-88 falls off relative to other characters when level cap is increased to 70. I spent a little bit of time looking at him and I'm not clear why. His health is still awful but on par with Maul who's a similar major AOE force.

When the level cap goes up he instantly gets two pieces of gear that will give him damage and crit damage boosts. I think he speed is still sufficient, particularly with a Poggle speed boost. He doesn't need to get out of round 1 to be able to influence a battle. He just needs his one attack.

So am I missing something or is there a reason why he will lose power relative to others? Is it simply because so many other characters will be getting a damage boost that ANY low health chars are persona non grata?

Replies

• IG88 does good work at the current cap. I have no reason to believe that will stop being true.
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • I am looking forward to hear the answer to this question. Just started to farm him and want to know is he worth the time and the resources that i've spent on him ?
  • 88 is a glass cannon...and he will continue to be so...but I've had him crit over 7k, and he has ability block. With his damage increasing I don't see how he falls off
  • IG88 works best on teams that can apply a lot of debuffs. He deals bonus damage per debuff on his targets, and still hits really hard even when no debuffs are present. The AOE ability lock is icing on the cake :)
  • KitsuAeryn wrote: »
    IG88 works best on teams that can apply a lot of debuffs. He deals bonus damage per debuff on his targets, and still hits really hard even when no debuffs are present. The AOE ability lock is icing on the cake :)

This. Strange as it sounds I'm building a team around him...haven't decided if I'm going to bust him out yet...he's only 5*
  • I know his value at 60. Just curious if there is something specific that will cause him to fall off at 70. I've just read side-comments that note that he'll fall off but have seen nothing that says why.

His value as an equal opportunity AOE attacker when you can get dots on 4-5 enemy toons before 88 pops with a Poggle buff is without equal. I have him at 4* now and use him in GW even though he dies quite frequently just because it's fun to watch. I can't afford to sub him into Arena until he's at least 6* and maybe not until he's 7*. Way too easy to kill.
  • Mine is max gear, 6 stars, and still pretty fragile in the arena. But usually manages to survive long enough to get a heal (provided you're using a speedy healer).
  • KitsuAeryn wrote: »
    Mine is max gear, 6 stars, and still pretty fragile in the arena. But usually manages to survive long enough to get a heal (provided you're using a speedy healer).

I'm thinking of just pooping Lumi's heal second round no matter what...use Blast for block first round, then just let 88 heal two rounds if possible.
  • Logically, he maxes at gear 7 right now, which means he'll have another lvl of gear to uprade. 88 has as much to look forward to as far as advancement as any other toon.

People are gonna say what they say, no one actually know how each characters will play out long term, but if you read the description of the characters, no matter the lvl or progression they will serve their purpose. The description does not change.
  • Look more after the gearing and ability growth vs. level. I'm not good with all this Level 70 speculation, especially when we haven't seen any new toons either.

Known as íN Quartus Ω in the game
    Member of Team Instinct
  • Logically, he maxes at gear 7 right now, which means he'll have another lvl of gear to uprade. 88 has as much to look forward to as far as advancement as any other toon.

People are gonna say what they say, no one actually know how each characters will play out long term, but if you read the description of the characters, no matter the lvl or progression they will serve their purpose. The description does not change.

Pretty much everyone maxes out at 7.

He's on a level playing field right now. The only character that I know of who will fall off is JC.
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    Boba falls off as well.

As far as IG-88, I use SID + Poe, and can generally hit for a really large amount with his AOE. He is hella squishy, so if they can kill him before POE then you are jacked.

It does feel good to see the opponent be at 20-30% on all characters before they even have a move ;) (though, then their LUMI heals them all... jerks).
  • IG-88 reads High-damage stifler with high dodge...so far...I have never seen him dodge from an attack. It does make sense since he is squishy, he should be able to dance away from attacks. If the next patch can implements this high dodge ability, he will a good asset.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    forcedino wrote: »
    IG-88 reads High-damage stifler with high dodge...so far...I have never seen him dodge from an attack. It does make sense since he is squishy, he should be able to dance away from attacks. If the next patch can implements this high dodge ability, he will a good asset.

Yeah same, I've rarely seen him dodge.
  • forcedino wrote: »
    IG-88 reads High-damage stifler with high dodge...so far...I have never seen him dodge from an attack. It does make sense since he is squishy, he should be able to dance away from attacks. If the next patch can implements this high dodge ability, he will a good asset.

@EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera @CG_AaronNemoyten according to its description, ig88 should be character with high dodge. But I seldom see him dodge too. I wonder if the CG devs can look into this? Thanks
  • High dodge....he has 0 dodge. No dodge. I am doing him up but cannuse him...even at 5* I risk him being one shot for a 4-5 unever fight.
  • I have IG-88 at Max Gear and 7* Star in a Droid Team with Poggle, Daka, Ig-86, HK-47. At the Moment (Lv60) he hits like a Truck it is Possible to even nearly One Shoot Sidious with the Standart Attack when Poggle has Buffed him. But he has 0 Health in GW that is a big disadvantage, you cannot use him until the last 2 Fights. He dies to quick.

I Read the new Stats on SWGOH Cantina and he seems to do the same at LvL 70. His Playstyle i would say is the same on 70 as on 60. Big Damage Numbers but 0 Health.
  • Square wrote: »
    I have IG-88 at Max Gear and 7* Star in a Droid Team with Poggle, Daka, Ig-86, HK-47. At the Moment (Lv60) he hits like a Truck it is Possible to even nearly One Shoot Sidious with the Standart Attack when Poggle has Buffed him. But he has 0 Health in GW that is a big disadvantage, you cannot use him until the last 2 Fights. He dies to quick.

I Read the new Stats on SWGOH Cantina and he seems to do the same at LvL 70. His Playstyle i would say is the same on 70 as on 60. Big Damage Numbers but 0 Health.

Why do you run a daka in that team? Just curious, im about to make a droid team myself.
  • Because i dont have Poe :wink: But Daka makes a good Job too. She is fast, can Stun, Heal and revive. Ig-88 sometimes is Dead before his 1st move then Daka has the Chance for revive.
  • I keep hearing people refer to some toons being fast. I think IG88 and 86 are the fastest of all.
  • I keep hearing people refer to some toons being fast. I think IG88 and 86 are the fastest of all.

If they have hk47 as leader, yes they will be fast
  • I would also like to see him evade. Not even one evade from him.
  • Ig88 is a charcter you can build a devastating team around, he will always be viable. He's basically a better darth maul Excpet he is quicker and not just affective on Jedi also he can benefit from poggles speed boost so he instantly greatly benefits more then maul
  • Ig 88 isn't really fast at 116 speed, the fastest in the game is like 155 and there are a lot beetween them.
    But with hk47 and poggles speed boost they are very quick
  • I love 88 with my droid team. With HK as lead, Poggle, 86, and Geo. 88 is a beast with the HK leader skill giving extra crit chance and 30% turn meter on crits. He usually goes before HK and doesn't get the benefit of HKs debuffs, unless Geo calls HK on his turn an HK gets a crit allowing him to jump turn.

Even so, he has a chance for multiple crits with his AOE attack and hits hard with the Pog offense and speed up buff. Each crit fills his turn meter 30% and he gets multiple crits a lot, which lead to him getting to go twice in a row. The heal immunity is nice too. Will often cause the AI to waste a heal.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • I think a huge key to 88 is when he hits level 62, he can unlock level 6 Adaptive Aim Algorithm. This boosts his critical damage from 15-30%. If you run him with sid as leader and have sid aoe, you will be doing insane damage with him. I'm not sure how the ability works in conjunction with Poggles buff.
  • @Dempsey great point! One of the fee chars that get a definitive boost
  • SlyGambit wrote: »
    I know his value at 60. Just curious if there is something specific that will cause him to fall off at 70. I've just read side-comments that note that he'll fall off but have seen nothing that says why.

His value as an equal opportunity AOE attacker when you can get dots on 4-5 enemy toons before 88 pops with a Poggle buff is without equal. I have him at 4* now and use him in GW even though he dies quite frequently just because it's fun to watch. I can't afford to sub him into Arena until he's at least 6* and maybe not until he's 7*. Way too easy to kill.

Do yourself a favor and ignore any speculation. No one really knows anything yet.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    jeremyj26 wrote: »
    Do yourself a favor and ignore any speculation. No one really knows anything yet.

That wouldn't be wise. I'm FTP and I have enough crystals saved up and resources to be able to level/gear up a primary set of 5 reasonably fast though I'm sure I'll lag behind a few spenders. I have several options but bringing up even a single toon that will become ineffective at 70 will be such a huge waste of resources it'll take a long time to recover if I'm even able.

I've done some of the legwork myself and think I'm going to be able to make something workable but if there is something I missed this is one of two places I can go to see if people have found something I've missed.

IG-88 is a huge risk/reward toon. I'm certain that his HP pool relative to damage (as well as Poe's) will make both less effective at 70. However I believe AOE toons will be more effective at 70 for the same reason that low HP cannons will lose their effectiveness.

While Sid and Poe are still the primary focus of my arena builds and will remain at 70 the rest of the arena team have question marks.

But if people just want to wait until 70 goes live then more power to them. It certainly is possible that the game developers will tweek all the toons to prevent what I think will happen from looking at the data. I just doubt they'll do anything drastic until it becomes obvious what the problems are to everyone.
  • If you look at ig88 when his abilities get to level 8, which will not be until the level cap is raised to atleast 90
    He gains a lot more then most others, including aoe defense down