Arena spot squatting

Prev13
wisenuts
561 posts Member
edited June 2016
The past week, two people have locked up 1 and 2 during my payout. The first couple times I assumed coincidence, now I'm sure it's intentional.

Is this legit? I'd there anything I can do to prevent this? (aside from trying to out manuever or out spend them?) do I gotta find a guild mate and out flank them?

Replies

• Wait for them to get bored
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    As long as they are coordinating well you are going to have a bad time unless you can find a friend to do the same with. And yes, it's pretty common practice.
  • Or you could settle for 3rd, which is what I did today. 100 less crystals sure, but a heck of a lot less headache.
  • wisenuts
    561 posts Member
    xMORIDINx wrote: »
    Wait for them to get bored

Thanks for the lack of insite.
  • How can anyone "lock" a spot?
  • Bluerock
    224 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    wisenuts wrote: »
    Thanks for the lack of insite.
    Insight. But he's right, you're boned until they're bored. I'd have your back but you're in the wrong ladder.
    Edit - On-topic reply: There will be a very small window between their matches you can try to break in and jack them, but that's really your only option and you'd have to spam battle attempts because you won't know when their match started/will end.
  • KelEl85
    158 posts Member
    My ladder has 4 guys from the same guild that take 1-4. It gets old. Nothing I can do about it though. Pretty lame game design
  • You sure it's one and two, not just one battling two to run time out?
  • KelEl85 wrote: »
    My ladder has 4 guys from the same guild that take 1-4. It gets old. Nothing I can do about it though. Pretty lame game design

This would really upset me.
  • How do people work together to keep their arena positions?

I assume after each spends their 5 attacks, anyone can still battle their team and take their spot. What am I missing here?
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    orange12 wrote: »
    How do people work together to keep their arena positions?

I assume after each spends their 5 attacks, anyone can still battle their team and take their spot. What am I missing here?

You can buy more attacks and use your friends that aren't on their payout to help you attack people that share yours and hold them back
  • KelEl85
    158 posts Member
    orange12 wrote: »
    How do people work together to keep their arena positions?

It's the time. They take turns battling each other and run out the full five minutes. So unless you press battle in the 10 seconds before the other one starts a battle you can't get in there to attack. And even if you do get in there unless you leave less than two minutes on the clock they will kick you back out
  • wisenuts
    561 posts Member
    I've tried for 30 minutes to break the love cycle, but they are going at it pretty hot and heavy @Bluerock
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    As Blue mentioned, because there is no visible indication of when the match ends you either have to get in there early so you can see when they start, and time it (5m per draw gives a full, perfect lockout cycle aside form the tiny between match downtime) or just give up. Sadly even if you go for it, it's going to be a lot of work and it wont work very often.

You are either going to have to find a friend of your own, or settle for 3rd. There's no good way to take on a 2 man (or larger) group by yourself. Even grinding away at your own sanity and trying to mash refresh and clock them at the start will only work very rarely.

• wisenuts
    561 posts Member
    This sounds like the borge. Assimilate.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Resistance is futile.

6qgIkMA.png
  • wisenuts
    561 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Shocker?
  • Bluerock
    224 posts Member
    Shocker?

Clearly not - 3 in the pink is against regulation.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    You could try to take first when they are offline, then camp on it when they try
  • wisenuts
    561 posts Member
    Bluerock wrote: »
    Shocker?

Clearly not - 3 in the pink is against regulation.

Twss
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Another option is to find your shard mates and get to know them. A few of my guild members have a chat with about 20 of their shard mates and they rotate first and lock out other people of the top spots.
  • Sunnie1978 wrote: »
    Another option is to find your shard mates and get to know them. A few of my guild members have a chat with about 20 of their shard mates and they rotate first and lock out other people of the top spots.
    So the solution is to become one of the horrible people he despises? Just in a bigger group. Yep, it's the Borg.
  • Just try to snipe them.. its easy.. refresh every second you should get them.. i do it by myself very sucsessfull :)
  • Xenith
    267 posts Member
    I v have a guy on my server he s payout is one hour befode me yet he tries to snipe me from rank 1 just before my payput (not everyday but still why? Do the mean things they do!?) He did snipe me btw 1 to 3 i had 3 mins t ill pay out 27 secs until i could battle so i refrsshed it and took me only 2 mins lolz!

And for your issue i would suggest just talking to them ... ( ask em if one of them can take rank #3 instead of 2 since one of them s payout is n t the same has yours! even better ask him if he wants to be your snipe mate lol)
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Sunnie1978 wrote: »
    So the solution is to become one of the horrible people he despises? Just in a bigger group. Yep, it's the Borg.

Yep, if you can't beat them, join them.
  • Sunnie1978 wrote: »

Let me guess, a Tronald Dump supporter? ;)

• Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator

Let me guess, a Tronald Dump supporter? ;)

Nope, I vote none of the above :-)
  • If i have some turns left I would snipe 1 then tell my guild mate on discord when there is 30 seconds to go then. That way he takes 1 off me and the incumbent cant respond
  • I just don't care about #1. As long as I'm in the top 10, which I am every day, the rewards are good enough. #1 is vanity only.
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    I just don't care about #1. As long as I'm in the top 10, which I am every day, the rewards are good enough. #1 is vanity only.

There is a huge difference in payout from 6-1.