IG-86 Sentinel Droid

He's super easy to farm. He's rated ridiculously high on swgohcantina.com if anyone visits that site. I almost never see him.

I'm thinking about bringing him back onto my DS team over Talia, but his lack of defense has been a liability.

Does anyone have any strong thoughts? Better question, has anyone had success with him on a (preferably non-droid) high level team?

Replies

• He has nice damage and calls an assist, would be great for a droid, crit or assist team.
  • I run him with Sid lumi JC and dooku. Once I got lumi's heal over duration to 2 turns, I climbed to top 30. With a balanced approach I can beat teams 1-2k higher then myself.
  • His health isn't bad. He brings a similar HP/damage as Luke and Geo Soldier but is only clearly better than both on a droid specific team. Pretty sure that's why you don't see him often as droids aren't very popular atm.
  • duffmc81 wrote: »
    He's super easy to farm. He's rated ridiculously high on swgohcantina.com if anyone visits that site. I almost never see him.

I'm thinking about bringing him back onto my DS team over Talia, but his lack of defense has been a liability.

Does anyone have any strong thoughts? Better question, has anyone had success with him on a (preferably non-droid) high level team?

Henis a tool. I use him all the time. It makes it garder for enemy to pick a char. What he does is 6700 dmg, THEN he calls an Ally for another 2k-5k. So In one mive you can do 10k. He is the inly thing in my team that ensures I ambsolutely take a char down 80% of the times. If henget's focused and dies I saved a heal, absorved more than 10k and it's assumed my other team members can handle it.

And that's all he does. Well, he also crits extremely often with his regular for 3800k. Combined with other hitters, it wears down enemies fast, even if they heal.

He is the only deoid I'd use in any primary team. His replacements are Rey or FOTP, which are so hard to farm. So yeah, it's the Toyota Corola of high damage cars.
  • I also use Talia btw. Of course this is because I wanted to advance DS missions fast sonI ended up with 7* Talia and not JC first. The only things that Talia does right is 100% chance to advance turn meter 250 basic points (25% guaranteed). So if she heals she weakens, but not without reinforcing my team PLUS going first next time.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    I doubt you would regret maxing him. He's really easy to max also.
  • He is a high level attacker that does huge damage with the assist, but I think he shines in a similar way as sidious. I HAVE to target sidious first to avoid heal immunity. That allows some of the other teams characters to act to buff ,AOE, or debuff without risk for a turn or two. Same with maul. Noone wants his AOE going off on them, so he gets targeted first. Ig86 allows me to set off poggle and buff everyone elses attack to shred the opponent.
  • What preemo_magin said basically. He serves his purpose for me. I actually run him alongside Rey where most may use one or the other. I use sid poe lum as well. It works really well for me offensively. Its not the best defence though but im building up others for that. AI handles talia far worse though
  • rotam
    120 posts Member
    iLove IG-86. 6* half way to 7*, 8400 hp, not bad at all. I always use it for gw and arena. I hardly see a regular hit, is just crit after crit, 4-4.5k dmg, special ability 5.5k plus the assist. So yeah, is a great one.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    I still have to figure out who to farm from Cantina starting today. My energy is full. :)
    I was debating Geo Soldier, IG-86 or Finn. Finn is the most interesting character by far.. but I am not sure the most useful.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • He's a great hitter who shines even more on a droid-focused team. His health can be a liability, but his attack makes him an almost guaranteed first target by any attacking team, saving damage from your other characters - and since he takes his turn fairly early in the match he normally still gets one attack in with his special before he's taken out. He reminds me of Poe - almost guaranteed to die, but serves his purpose well in Arena battles where it's only 1 match.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I use both IG-86 and GeoSol. They pack a huge punch and can insta-kill anything with their 1-2 combo. They are poor's man Leia and poor's man FOTP imho.
  • I use 86 and 88 as lead. One day Ill be lobot lead, hk 86, 88, leia.
  • I use him in Arena and GW. I really like him.
    Even though he is only 4 Stars as i am still Farming Lumi
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    My favorite abilities in the game are healing immunity, ability block and Assist.

IG -88 has healing immunity and ability block.
    IG-86 has assist
    Geo has assist
    Sid has healing immunity

seems like a solid start to a team (in fact I am doing this same team but adding POE as 5th).

Hopefully it is fast enough, especially if Poe goes first.
  • The droids are great at what they do. I run HK as lead then IG88, IG86, Lumi and JC. The damage is ridiculous... Almost all crit, You can usually take 1 or 2 players down on your first turn. Sometimes I swap JC for GS and then its an all out blitz attack. Worst threat is an AOE heavy opponent. I hover between 22 and 3 on my arena server. Both IG's are 4 star in maxed gear for level with no abilities less than 3. Lumi, JC and HK are five star, lvl 52 and max gear for level also. My GS is the true glass cannon. 1 star, purple gear lvl 50. He's the weakling that will knock half your team out lol.
  • I use 86 and 88 as lead. One day Ill be lobot lead, hk 86, 88, leia.

HK's a better leader than Lobot for a droid team IMO. The turn meter boost he provides grants the same sort of speed if not better, and the crit chance boost he provides is unmatched.
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • KitsuAeryn wrote: »
    I use 86 and 88 as lead. One day Ill be lobot lead, hk 86, 88, leia.

HK's a better leader than Lobot for a droid team IMO. The turn meter boost he provides grants the same sort of speed if not better, and the crit chance boost he provides is unmatched.

Spot on truth.
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    except he is soooo sloowwwww
  • How is he slow? His speed is like 108