Stat Transparency

Replies

• medetec
    1571 posts Member
    This topic seems familiar...

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/30151/stat-transparency/

Can we merge these threads maybe? This is a really important set of information for players that currently the game is not giving us.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited June 2016
    Done and done, thanks med, I thought I remembered similar. And nice post also.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Good, next its a Megathread.
    Please keep it page 1 guys.

@CG_JohnSalera @CG_Dan @CG_AaronNemoyten @CG_NotReallyAJedi @CG_RyDiggs
    @EA_Jesse

Someone needs to acknowledge this.
  • Bump
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Wrong page again
  • +99999
    It would also be great if we could know the drop rates (gear, mats, shards...)
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    +99999
    It would also be great if we could know the drop rates (gear, mats, shards...)

Maybe, but this thread has a specific, more important purpose.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Overnight bump
  • There's an interesting start here: http://www.swgohcantina.com/character-max-stats/

However, that's not official.

That site is extremely out dated. The armor formula listed there is pre-protection patch, when they "revamped" the way armor works without revealing it to the players. But I agree, it used to be a good resource.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Yeah, GG replaced it.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Up you go
  • КЦПG_FЦГУ
    355 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    More transparency, agreed. At least Bob Ross got it right.

bob-ross-template.png

705606b8eae389990c3bd2704ddd66677f353631d7a98cce0d7ecbab9a9d5683.jpg
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Love the memes
  • Kabbes
    430 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    The thing is that we have to make decisions about things like what leader to use, which means when the leader ability is "+30 defence" we actually really, really need to know what that means. Is it a minor improvement or a major one?
  • We'll never get transparency because then we'd all see that the AI is programmed to cheat and that the number we see mean ^%&^%^&%& all.
    The only thing that's transparent is the fact the dev's don't know how to code a fair fight system.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Careful what you wish for, they make AI too hard to beat, no one will want to play anymore.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Kabbes wrote: »
    The thing is that we have to make decisions about things like what leader to use, which means when the leader ability is "+30 defence" we actually really, really need to know what that means. Is it a minor improvement or a major one?

Not even leader abilities, every character has varying amounts of base armor. Ventress has low hp but high armor, does that actually mean anything for her survivability? I would hope the details can be integrated into the in game UI eventually, but for now a simple official post explaining the stats on the forums would do.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    I just want the stat sheet to be accurate.
    And useless gear changed.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I dont think so, page 4,
    We need the Dodge numbers.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Up, up, and up.

@CG_JohnSalera please respond
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    You called my bluff, you knew I couldnt really quit...
    Don't drag it out any more, though...

We want accurate character sheets, and no gear for stats that we will never be able to use, and definitive answers on what stats actually modify, and if there are ai modifiers or low health modifiers...

We need to know whats going on with this stuff, and its mostly just about communicating with us a little bit more. Please?

• Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Ignoring this just makes us angry...
  • Help us @EA_Jesse, you're our only hope.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    At this point, there can be no doubt they are intentionally ignoring this issue.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Lest we forget...
  • Kabbes
    430 posts Member
    Please reveal what the stats mean, developers!
  • Orions
    269 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Ackbar has a higher physcial damage stat then Rey but obviously that doesnt translate in PvP

You mean Ackbars single shot blast for physical dmg as a support character, compared to Rey multi hit shots as an Attacker... yes very different characters, you think their tags as Support/Tank/Healer/Attackers might have to do with their dmg output? Ackbar doesn't do much DMG, but can Rey remove a deathmark?

Game companies will always give you a few stats but not the hidden modifiers, because if they did and you didn't like they way they did it you would never stop bothering them to change it to the way YOU think it should be caculated... Play the game, learn and play the game deeper, but if you know everything is no longer a game, its pure math.

O
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Orions wrote: »
    Ackbar has a higher physcial damage stat then Rey but obviously that doesnt translate in PvP

You mean Ackbars single shot blast for physical dmg as a support character, compared to Rey multi hit shots as an Attacker... yes very different characters, you think their tags as Support/Tank/Healer/Attackers might have to do with their dmg output? Ackbar doesn't do much DMG, but can Rey remove a deathmark?

Game companies will always give you a few stats but not the hidden modifiers, because if they did and you didn't like they way they did it you would never stop bothering them to change it to the way YOU think it should be caculated... Play the game, learn and play the game deeper, but if you know everything is no longer a game, its pure math.

O

That's... not right. Plenty of games (and almost every good one) tell you how the game works. Why even bother to have a physical damage rating if it means absolutely nothing to the player? It should at least suggest accuracy. A character with a higher physical damage rating should, basic attack vs basic attack, do more damage than a lower listed character even if we don't know the full equation, and that's currently not the case.
  • Aarcher
    138 posts Member
    As a numbers nerd I would really really love to see any response to this.

Too many meaningless stats
    942-122-371
  • Many bothians must be killed in order to provide stats transparency!

A Death Star must be destroyed before Biggs ship synergies can be realised!

Perhaps rogue one can give us an answer!