The answer to all the characters unbalance topics. READ.

Fudgement
60 posts Member
edited December 2015
I'm sorry if I come off as offensive, but I come to the forum everyday hoping to get engaged in some interesting topics but I'm really really really tired of this unbalance topics that keeps coming up.

Here's my answer to all the "unbalance" topics. IT IS NOT MEANT TO BE BALANCED. Some characters will be weaker to act as benchmark to show that the other characters are superior. A storm trooper will obviously never ever be comparable to a Darth Sidious. Apply that rule to ALL characters. Newer characters will be released, they will be stronger. What's strong now may become obsolete. That's how it works, just like any other mobile game. Don't like? Leave the game, don't post anymore of this unbalanced topics please.

I'll tell you what beta-testing we did, we did not come to the forum to whine. We build teams. We discussed possibilities. Certain characters came up to be weak. We worked on a new characters. Some turn out to be good, some did not. Some characters previously thought to be weak, suddenly became powerful due to synergy between characters later discovered. End of the day, repeat until we learned what is good and what is not. WE ALL TOOK RISK.

There was no online guide, nobody to mentor us, we learned the game by ourselves and from sharing ideas.

icEWVrs.png

Attached a photo to prove my credibility and where I come from, and with HK-47 on 5/12/15. 1st is usually Joram. But I tell you, the top 10-20 is very competitive. Yes, this is THE pioneer ladder, where all the pre-launch players battle. Everyone is constantly trying different teams setups to keep themselves unpredictable and always striving for their best.

So please, can the forum please stop with the balancing whining, and start posting positive stuff?

P.S. http://www.swgohcantina.com/ - This is a good starting place, it is a community-based wiki maintained by Kylven where alot of us provided information so that you now can learn before hand what abilities and stats the character can achieve.
Post edited by AlderaanPlaces on

Replies

• Here here!!!! Thank you.
    461-112-993
    Looking for allies level 40+
  • Good post! May I ask what lineup you using wit hk4? I understand if you dont want to give it out.
  • And round about how much did all of that cost you in real dollars?
  • And round about how much did all of that cost you in real dollars?

Why would you look at that, that's today's arena! And there I am sitting at poor insignificant 3rd place...

Oh and how much I've spend? Around 58 bucks. Lol
  • @Fudgement , you're dropping down man, get back in there. @SeroZero , I see you in #2. How long did it take you to 7* Sid?
  • KissofDeath
    37 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    can you read posting? or watch you only topics?
    can you understand the sense behind the postings?

tell me your game balance strategy behind arena and galactic fights..

ai team.. same heros.. 3k weaker battle rate.. and is unkillable in arena.. or 3k -7k stronger team in every galactic war at fight 4+??
    what is your strategy of dooko that killing 3-4 heros alone in a fight cause he get 400% attack rate every round..?

tell me the strategy behind bariss to give fat amor fat life and endless healing power.. and option to get healing from other healers too..
    1 nameless superhero easter egg joke?

tell me your strategy behind ai can use full skills on round 1 and human players at round 3..

that can you not calling balanced.. and this is sure not the same like a trooper vs vader..

your beta test goes not 1 day not 1 week.. sure some months.. and you had the same probs like all here..

and when so many user tell you.. its unbalanced.. then its maybe unbalanced? think about it
  • Thanks for the plug Fudge...lots of folks helped get the information and we'll keep it up as long as everyone finds the site useful. I don't really participate in the overpowered character conversations for a few reasons.

1. The meta game changes often. I didn't use Barriss for well over a month because Area of Effect Damage would wipe out a team before a healer had any usefulness. Next week, Jawas could be all the rage again, or the Ima-Gu Di counter squad, or maybe Tank character's armor will have more effect and then we'll see Boba and Fives everywhere...who knows.

2. Some characters should be naturally overpowered, mainly the Chromium or bundle exclusives so that folks will pay EA to keep the game running for an advantage over their free to play opponents. Capital Games knows Dooku is powerful and offered a great special package to everyone for only $4.99. He's also easily farmable in early battles and a great counter to the other claimed "OP" character Barriss. This is a great app and those not spending anything are only playing because others purchase something.

3. Every character has a counter and you can tell by the leader what type of squad you will face. Plan accordingly. That's the fun of it all...find a solution to the challenge ahead of you.

I think the problem with Barriss and Dooku is that the newer players just don't have the roster to build a counter party and their base abilities without any upgrades are much more powerful than others. The sub 60 group now has to contend with abilities that are hard to overcome without significant time in the game. The easiest solution for EA would be to eliminate the equalization of Barriss' heal ability, which negates the heal immunity debuff from Sid or IG-88, and make it an upgrade component at Level 6. Perhaps Dooku's 100% Counter and bonus attacks should also follow suit with a percent reduction. That way the newer players aren't facing, what I'd rather dub,"Overpowered Abilities Per Player Level" and still maintain their unique benefits. At 60, no one worries all that much about Barriss or Dooku.
    SWGoHCantina.com - Database of everything SWGoH. Fear the Boot |FTB| - One of the 1st Elite Alliances.
  • Great post!! I wouldnt have guessed it when I started playing but the most pleasurable aspect of gameplay is unlocking synergies within characters. Does it dip into my piggy bank? Absolutely. Gotta feed the machine right? Its a strategic game and it's Star Wars.
  • Fudgement
    60 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    can you read posting? or watch you only topics?
    can you understand the sense behind the postings?

tell me your game balance strategy behind arena and galactic fights..

ai team.. same heros.. 3k weaker battle rate.. and is unkillable in arena.. or 3k -7k stronger team in every galactic war at fight 4+??
    what is your strategy of dooko that killing 3-4 heros alone in a fight cause he get 400% attack rate every round..?

tell me the strategy behind bariss to give fat amor fat life and endless healing power.. and option to get healing from other healers too..
    1 nameless superhero easter egg joke?

tell me your strategy behind ai can use full skills on round 1 and human players at round 3..

that can you not calling balanced.. and this is sure not the same like a trooper vs vader..

your beta test goes not 1 day not 1 week.. sure some months.. and you had the same probs like all here..

and when so many user tell you.. its unbalanced.. then its maybe unbalanced? think about it

I don't know if you had too much drink when you typed this. But obviously, you did not understand my full post. Cause all the things you ask have already been answered. Then again, if you refuse to learn or accept any knowledge that has been provided. Nobody can help you.
  • @Fudgement , you're dropping down man, get back in there. @SeroZero , I see you in #2. How long did it take you to 7* Sid?

Lol, things will get HOT as daily cut off gets nearer..

Let's see... it was rather long ago. I had some luck and managed to draw Sid 4* from one of the chronium x10 back then. So i kind of had an 80 shard head start xD. And with arena rewards, I could purchase the Sid shipment 2-3 a day? 65 + 85 + 100 for 7*. So i guess it took a month+ to 2.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    We all have a right to desire the game is balanced so that strategy and smarts are effective. There shouldn't ever be one or two characters or one or two squads that out of many characters and combinations the whole world must revolve around. However, the nerf bat is very dangerous and I hope ea is keen with it. I spend money on this game just like many but some of the other spenders believe spending money means that thier characters can never be rebalanced. Sorry, but that is very obtuse. Spending should give advantages, but the advantages should never be so high that a dedicated and smart person cannot overcome. Mostly spending should help ease grinding pains and perhaps offer some novelty. Anyway, I'm concerned what they will do to Bariss. Dooku, to me seems easier to balance. Bariss...what does she have besides her amazing heal and tank?
  • I really don't think it is a case of OP characters since the aoe nerf came in (which was great), but more a case of a lot of underpowered/useless characters. CG proved to be quite versatile with their balancing of older characters in Heroes of Dragon Age, so if similar problems are/become present in SWGOH I'm sure after enough reasonable feedback they will handle it. The game is still new though - LOADS of characters are yet to be released and I'm certain they will bring balance to the force. One of the best things about this game is the ability to promote all characters and gear up all characters to the same tier. It really opens up options to use your favourite teams, and will only improve as we get more character releases. I'm hoping they will try to improve balance in one of the ways they did in HODA - that is, to improve character synergy across the board. Bring in characters who support other characters enough to turn a normally average character into a very effective one. In other words, MOAR DROIDS PLZ CG.
  • Great thread... i appreciate all of the knowledge shared here.

I actually found this thread because i am looking for a database where i can see the progression of all of the abilities.

I did notice the link listed above... http://www.swgohcantina.com/

I have been using it for awhile. it is missing some higher level stats and only lists stats at their know highest value. Great site but i am looking for a ability chart that will state the reward for each level that it bought.

Does anyone know where i can find this?

Thanks,
    Trentazoid