Recent Temporary Suspensions Announcement : Comments (Merged threads) *** Megathread***

Replies

• Options
    leef wrote: »
    I'm sure that more than a few people who want them perma-banned would also have claimed the raid rewards multiple times if it kept showing up. I know i would atleast twice and probably more.

I hope that most people see a reward they just claimed and would pass on claiming it again . Just because it's easy doesn't make it right. I'm sure 90% of those that claimed it had no idea they would get cought. Little did I know tat the punishment would be....... nothing? Suspension of your account so you don't spend the currency before we fix it? Screw it. Just go ahead and cheat guys. Can't hurt. No repercussions. You don't even have to apologize. Just claim ignorance.

thats pretty easy to say in hindsight and when you werent in the position to do it yourself.

I certainly was. I've had the opportunity to cheat most times it presented itself, but I never have.
  • Options
    Bluerock wrote: »
    thats pretty easy to say when in hindsight and when you werent in the position to do it yourself.

Many of us have been in multiple positions to exploit and did not. The ally list Vader exploit was well known and we chose not to do it. This is based on the understanding of what cheating and exploiting are and the fact that there are usually severe penalties for doing things you know are wrong.
    I can say unequivocally that if I saw raid rewards for the same raid show up a second time, I would not have claimed them as it is clearly unintended.
    Those that claimed them 5/10/50+ times knew exactly what they were doing and should be banned not only as a punishment to them but a deterrent to others who seek to advance unfairly.
    The continued existence of the 7* Vaders and the temporary suspension of those who abused an exploit to gain significant raid rewards only serves to tell the gaming community that if you find a bug, feel free to exploit it. There's a solid chance that you won't be punished, certainly not severely.

So poetic and accurate. You are a beautiful slug bluerock. The weirdest most messed up group of misfits and we all follow the rules. Why?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Bluerock wrote: »
    thats pretty easy to say when in hindsight and when you werent in the position to do it yourself.

Many of us have been in multiple positions to exploit and did not. The ally list Vader exploit was well known and we chose not to do it. This is based on the understanding of what cheating and exploiting are and the fact that there are usually severe penalties for doing things you know are wrong.
    I can say unequivocally that if I saw raid rewards for the same raid show up a second time, I would not have claimed them as it is clearly unintended.
    Those that claimed them 5/10/50+ times knew exactly what they were doing and should be banned not only as a punishment to them but a deterrent to others who seek to advance unfairly.
    The continued existence of the 7* Vaders and the temporary suspension of those who abused an exploit to gain significant raid rewards only serves to tell the gaming community that if you find a bug, feel free to exploit it. There's a solid chance that you won't be punished, certainly not severely.

from what i've heard (didnt play back then) you needed to remove and add allies in order to get vader shards. Not really the same as a reward showing up in your inbox. Obviously if you claimed it 50 times you knew that is was too good to be legit. But where do you draw the line? 2 times is okay, but 5+ is a perma-ban?
    like i said, i'm sure i would have atleast claimed it twice. probably wouldnt have done it 5+ times, but who knows, i wasnt in the position. Maybe you are mother theresa and wouldnt have claimed it, but i highly doubt it. (nothing personal since i dont know you)
    And if you only didnt do it because there usually severe penalties you are nothing better than people who claimed it muliple times.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    In hindsight, everyone is holier than thou. Nobody would have thought about doing it after the fact. Some of you guys are a joke.

Also, this is not comparable to someone leaving a pot of gold in their yard or even a plate of cookies outside. If you took the gold or cookies, you were taking someone else's property. Claiming rewards that belonged to nobody isn't even close to the same issue. The game malfunctioned. I had nothing to do with it malfunctioning. Take all the extra credits back. Don't punish users for something that was not their fault.
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Before everyone gets excited.. there is an another answer!

2di4q4p.jpg

Hamster videos.

Come on.. there is no way EVERYONE is going to be happy, but everyone is really doing their best. "stuff" happens, lets just move on.
  • Data
    12 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Third time is the limit, anybody did it more than 3 times, whack their peepee.
    Oh and is something going on server side, I can't get in, hey wait, was I banned. I didn't do anything. Seriously, is there a problem in game right now?
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Dave011679 wrote: »
    In hindsight, everyone is holier than thou. Nobody would have thought about doing it after the fact. Some of you guys are a joke.

Also, this is not comparable to someone leaving a pot of gold in their yard or even a plate of cookies outside. If you took the gold or cookies, you were taking someone else's property. Claiming rewards that belonged to nobody isn't even close to the same issue. The game malfunctioned. I had nothing to do with it malfunctioning. Take all the extra credits back. Don't punish users for something that was not their fault.

At a certain point in time it becomes obvious that something is up and you should probably stop clicking to collect. But the first one or two times could obviously be perceived as a glitch where the currency was not collected and you just simply needed to collect again, just as @leef is saying.

But for the most part, yea I love the piety of some of the people on this board. In general it's provided a ton of amusement; and I suspect for many it's their first real online game.
  • Options
    The Devs CANNOT remove the gear which was obtained and applied, same goes for credits and currency already spent. It's not reversible and is a complete lie to keep the masses happy.

Good luck fighting in the arena now against a bucket load of maxed out, geared up toons!
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Yourwinner wrote: »
    The Devs CANNOT remove the gear which was obtained and applied, same goes for credits and currency already spent. It's not reversible and is a complete lie to keep the masses happy.

Good luck fighting in the arena now against a bucket load of maxed out, geared up toons!

Did you do the math on it?
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options

And you're making this claim based on what, exactly?
  • Options
    When the accounts are restored I'll prove it, with actual photos...and maybe a little bit of math for @Telaan
  • Options
    Naecabon wrote: »

In the words of one of your fellow members "you'll just have wait and see"
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    When the accounts are restored I'll prove it, with actual photos...and maybe a little bit of math for @Telaan

So you got suspended for this?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

actual photos of your ipad with your phone are harder to photoshop, sounds like you've really put some thought in it! cudos!
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options

2di4q4p.jpg

Hamster videos.

Come on.. there is no way EVERYONE is going to be happy, but everyone is really doing their best. "stuff" happens, lets just move on.

@BentWookiee Cute GIF, but it annoys me so much that he didn't finish the bottom half of his hotdog. :frowning:
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options

2di4q4p.jpg

Hamster videos.

Cute video, great way of distracting people from the truth! Not even needed to upload a single picture yet.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »

@Yourwinner still waiting on this.
  • Options

I asked him to provide his ally code to prove his accout is still active. In the thread and through PM. He had not responded to either. He was asking for his "friend"
  • Options

sorry to break it to you but I didn't use the exploit, I didn't get suspended.

I'll upload a video instead to YouTube, I'm sure that ensure I've not edited anything.

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

I asked him to provide his ally code to prove his accout is still active. In the thread and through PM. He had not responded to either. He was asking for his "friend"

Lol that's what I thought. Thanks.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options

In the words of one of your fellow members "you'll just have wait and see"

I wait eagerly.
  • Options

Lol that's what I thought. Thanks.

213-248-988

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

sorry to break it to you but I didn't use the exploit, I didn't get suspended.

I'll upload a video instead to YouTube, I'm sure that ensure I've not edited anything.

Then why would your video be of any interest to anyone? I'm aware of what the UI looks like.
  • mel
    127 posts Member
    Options
    If they couldn't take the pre-crafted gear away then how are they going to take the gear from the raid reward exploit away?
  • Options

That's an outright lie and you know it!!! You never mentioned providing my ally code to prove my account is still active. Yes you asked for it, you said something the lines of playing with your toys. Now since I don't participate in that kind of stuff I didn't give it to you.

Besides if you took the time to check through my posts you would see my ally code, I've got nothing to hide.

Just out of curiosity, are you a Dev or mod? If not why are you taking it upon yourself to check people's accounts?

• Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    mel wrote: »
    If they couldn't take the pre-crafted gear away then how are they going to take the gear from the raid reward exploit away?

Why would they have ever taken the pre crafted gear away? That wasn't an exploit at all.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options

When the accounts are restored and the stuff is reverted and gone, what will you do? Can we make a prop bet on this? I'm all ears, name your stakes. I'll change my profile pic to whatever you want if I lose, for example.
  • mel
    127 posts Member
    Options
    mel wrote: »

Why would they have ever taken the pre crafted gear away? That wasn't an exploit at all.

I believe one of the reasons they never addressed the pre-craft issue was because they said they had no way of removing the pre-crafted gear.
  • Options

When the accounts are restored and the stuff is reverted and gone, what will you do? Can we make a prop bet on this? I'm all ears, name your stakes. I'll change my profile pic to whatever you want if I lose, for example.

Now this I like the sound of!!!

Loser changes profile picture to anything the winner wants, the loser also has to post on the forum daily for a week with whatever the winner wants, it obviously can't be anything racist/sexist/****.
  • Options

2di4q4p.jpg

Hamster videos.

Cute video, great way of distracting people from the truth! Not even needed to upload a single picture yet.

It is not a way of distraction., I am simply saying the decision had been made, this is nothing to take personal or get worked up over.

"Take a break, go for a walk, play some EA Star Wars games – it’s not a big deal. We’re not mad at you, you’re not in trouble – you just need a break."

Seriously, just stop. This is not the place. :|

This discussion has been closed.