Shipment timing?

Qeltar
4326 posts Member
I can't seem to make sense out of this. I know each shipment is available for just 6 hours. But it seems like it starts when I log in, sometimes.. but other times, after the 6 hours are up, it just continues with a new 6-hour period. Does anyone know how this works?
Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.

Replies

• You can buy the shipment within this 6 hours. After the 6 hours expire, the stock 'refreshes'. If you choose not to buy, then you wasted a chance to purchase.

After refreshing, it starts again at 6 hours.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    I don't think it works that way exactly, though. Because if I go to bed with say, 3 hours and 30 minutes left on the timer, in the morning when I wake up and log in, it always says 5 hours 59 minutes remaining.
    I think what happens is you get 6 hours, but then it only restarts the timer the first time you go back to the screen, or maybe, it only restarts the timer when you are logged in.
    Which kinda stinks, as most of us need more than 6 hours of sleep. :)
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Yes, this is what I've seen too. Not sure if it's intended or a glitch.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Slushie
    425 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    @Qeltar

I think how it works is, the selection of items you can buy and the 6 hour timer get refreshed when you log into the game and it connects to the game servers.

Once it has that information from the server side, it now resides on the client side. This is why you can check in at any time during that 6 hour period and the shipments/timer stays persistent even if you haven't played for 3 or 4 hours of that time.

But once that 6 hours is over, and if you're not in the game when it happens, there's no way for the game to ping the server and sync the next set of items for you to purchase.

That's why if you ever log on at any time after a 6 hour timer has finished no matter if it's only 15 minutes after, or 5 hours after you wake up the next morning. The game will always start the timer again at 6 hours.
    Because that's when the game connects to the server and syncs the new data.

Edit: If you want the game to refresh the shipments when you're asleep then you'll need to leave it running all night while you sleep basically :p
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Thanks Slushie that is sort of what I had come up with too. Except I am not sure I even can do that, because usually after some amount of inactivity most games stop talking to their servers. I will give it a shot though. :)
This discussion has been closed.