Recent Temporary Suspensions Announcement : Comments (Merged threads) *** Megathread***

Replies

• djvita wrote: »
    DKJhx9l.gif?noredirect
    This whole thread.
    Maybe they finally figured out how to revert changes guys

LMAO - yeahhhh right!!! At the very best they may have employed some competent Devs ;)
  • Jakkal
    66 posts Member
    Yourwinner wrote: »

LMAO - yeahhhh right!!! At the very best they may have employed some competent Devs ;)

They can't. All three places are filled :wink:
  • Bluerock wrote: »
    He said live for 90 minutes. Now 9 weeks?
    That one went over your head, bud. It's a joke - and a pretty good one.

You know good and well that I'm drunk at the lake this weekend blue. Everything I Do and say can be.... well, you know.
  • Shishou
    23 posts Member
    Realistically, having the guild hopping bug rectified would be nice, but doubtful. Too much free stuff would need to be handed out.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Bluerock wrote: »

You know good and well that I'm drunk at the lake this weekend blue. Everything I Do and say can be.... well, you know.

its a good thing you didnt get raid rewards than, you might have claimed it more than once, because well, you know, drunk
    <3
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Hypocritically speaking, I think they all should get to keep those rewards and they should make the bug available to everyone. That would resolve all current issues regarding alt farming, precrafting and guild hopping (Forgot the credit crunch aswell). Still keep the gear in the shipments just for show though.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    I hope you are prepared for the profile pic I will have ready for you. I am down to a choice of about ten Biebers right now. It's a close race.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    @Yourwinner I'm still curious what this video you're supposedly hosting is supposed to show. Haven't gotten an answer on that yet.
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    im not usually bothered by exploits, usually they arent so bad, even the 7* vader exploit can only force other players to fight against a 7* vader sometimes, but an exploit of this level is way worse, these people could literally max gear and level every character they own overnight, this is seriously game breaking for arena when some exploiters can have every character in the game levelled and maxed out on gear overnight, so I guess exploits only really bug me when it forces the non exploiters who worked their nuts off to get where they are to have to deal with these people every day for the future of the game. If it doesnt affect other players than I really dont care, but when we all have to deal with the reprecussions of these peoples actions every day in arena then yea that bothers me a lot
  • leef wrote: »

its a good thing you didnt get raid rewards than, you might have claimed it more than once, because well, you know, drunk
    <3

I don't know why you're grinding this axe. I could be black out drunk and still know right from wrong.
  • Telaan wrote: »
    @Yourwinner I'm still curious what this video you're supposedly hosting is supposed to show. Haven't gotten an answer on that yet.

Why do you even care?eHes probly just gonna show you the amount of gear 10 toons you get with 60 raids vs the amount his mate got with the exploit.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

<3

I don't know why you're grinding this axe. I could be black out drunk and still know right from wrong.

right from wrong is one thing, remembering if you have allready claimed that reward or not is another.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • im not usually bothered by exploits, usually they arent so bad, even the 7* vader exploit can only force other players to fight against a 7* vader sometimes, but an exploit of this level is way worse, these people could literally max gear and level every character they own overnight, this is seriously game breaking for arena when some exploiters can have every character in the game levelled and maxed out on gear overnight, so I guess exploits only really bug me when it forces the non exploiters who worked their nuts off to get where they are to have to deal with these people every day for the future of the game. If it doesnt affect other players than I really dont care, but when we all have to deal with the reprecussions of these peoples actions every day in arena then yea that bothers me a lot

Yup, none on my shard thankfully.
  • If they can revert now, how about they revert all pre crated gear back to its original component parts and credits.
  • Hiya.. please keep posts pertaining to this subject in this thread.. otherwise, merge. :|

Thanks! :)
  • Justthetipjedi
    141 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    leef wrote: »

<3

@Salacious_Slug Leef doesn't believe in personal responsibility and has a strong sense of moral relativism that's why Salacious. At least that's the only productive thing I gleaned from my "discussion" with him yesterday. I wouldn't be surprised if he argued it's okay to cheat the system because the system is definitely trying to cheat him. He can't fathom someone not pushing a button if it's right in front of them. No matter how much logic, and rational thought dictates otherwise.
  • For those wondering, anyone who obtained extra shards for Han Solo during the window where they could get extra Raid rewards and promoted him from 5 star to lets say, 7 star, WILL have their Han Solo bumped back down to 5 star. Gear will also be removed.

And I know some of you are going to ask "But why didn't you do this for the 7 star Vaders running around?". Well guess what, we're going to be going back and bumping those Vaders down as well once we've handled the current issue of the extra Raid rewards.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • I know this isn't exactly related, but what of the people who abused guild hopping for extra rewards?
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    For those wondering, anyone who obtained extra shards for Han Solo during the window where they could get extra Raid rewards and promoted him from 5 star to lets say, 7 star, WILL have their Han Solo bumped back down to 5 star. Gear will also be removed.

And I know some of you are going to ask "But why didn't you do this for the 7 star Vaders running around?". Well guess what, we're going to be going back and bumping those Vaders down as well once we've handled the current issue of the extra Raid rewards.

@Naecabon
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    For those wondering, anyone who obtained extra shards for Han Solo during the window where they could get extra Raid rewards and promoted him from 5 star to lets say, 7 star, WILL have their Han Solo bumped back down to 5 star. Gear will also be removed.

Awesome, thanks Jesse!
  • Nebulous wrote: »

@Naecabon

@BentWookiee so am I allowed by forum rules to keep my side of the bet? Change my profile picture and post whatever Naecabon asks me to write? I'm more than happy to do it providing I won't be punished from the mods. Please let us know :smile:
  • Jakkal
    66 posts Member
    medetec wrote: »

Awesome, thanks Jesse!

+1
    Thanks for the clarification
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Nebulous wrote: »

@Naecabon

{RotE}
  • leef wrote: »

<3

@Salacious_Slug Leef doesn't believe in personal responsibility and has a strong sense of moral relativism that's why Salacious. At least that's the only productive thing I gleaned from my "discussion" with him yesterday. I wouldn't be surprised if he argued it's okay to cheat the system because the system is definitely trying to cheat him. He can't fathom someone not pushing a button if it's right in front of them. No matter how much logic, and rational thought dictates otherwise.

I know. He will tire himself out and crawl away eventually.
  • I read this entire thing... and it seems like one person is upset and saying the mods can't do anything.

They can and will do something. That's proven.
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I'll be impressed if everything obtained from the exploit is actually taken away from every account, but some people will fall through the cracks for sure, just like with Vader. :(

I honestly think they should have more of a punishment besides getting the items they exploited taken away. Maybe an additional 2 week ban.
  • lovecheese wrote: »
    I read this entire thing... and it seems like one person is upset and saying the mods can't do anything.

They can and will do something. That's proven.

Not proven until it happens ;)

• EA_Jesse wrote: »

Jist to be clear to @leef i didn't collect a second reward. Now, why not ban the offenders? It's like the MLB steroid situation all over again. No repurcussions. Just an asterisk and 3 day suspension.
  • Why can't you just rollback their accounts to before the exploit window?
  • Naecabon wrote: »
    What happens to gear they got as rewards that was equipped? The 7* Vader incident showed us they aren't really capable of "reverting" things... Hence why people kept their Vaders.

If people only lose items in their inventory but don't have all of the gear they managed to equip from this reverted, it's pretty awkward!

Awkward indeed.....especially when you say that and there is a person from your guild on my shard/server with a 7* Vader
This discussion has been closed.