What are the Top Guilds and whales doing for fun?

ASD_Dad
210 posts Member
See title. If you're a top guild, say top 20 on the leaderboard and/or you're a whale/kraken - what are you all doing for fun these days?

You can clear the "hardest" raid - Heroic - in well under 30 minutes once people all go and need to schedule who goes when so it doesnt get zapped in 15 minutes.

You probably now have nearly every toon in the game possibly even Han Solo. I've seen photos of some members with every toon at level 80 and near max gear!

GW was nerfed and can be run pretty much full auto.

Nothing "new" has been added in a long time. A new toon here and there like B2, Wedge, Echo, etc. A couple events that can be run on auto.

So I am curious - what are all of you doing now? Is it just bragging rights to snipe #1 in Arena or try to take top 5 on the leaderboard (I havent seen Team Instinct out of #1)

Me personally, I am getting very bored and very burned out. I am no whale but I do spend (well did). I am level 80 and have been. I have 53 toons right now but only a good sized handful are level 80 and geared up/omega'd. I was getting all mad that a Droid Caller wont fall in either raid rewards or shipments. Zero, none - zippo. Then I was thinking, so what? I gear one more toon to 10 or higher. I do a couple percent more damage in the raid. Maybe my squad power goes up a couple percent. We all know on offense we can beat near anyone if RNG is on our side. If not we hit air and we lose or something similar happens.

I have a few guild mates feeling the same and we're contemplating dumping Arena rank just to get some new squads to battle. I scroll down into the 500's and you see all sorts of squads put together. I refresh my current battles and it is the same teams over and over and over. Half the time it is the same person I keep battling daily! He knocks me down, I knock him back. I did this in GW the past two days out of boredom. I threw some random squads together to see how far they can make it. Full assist squad? Sure! How about all tanks? Why not. Even tried a team of "they must be furry" of Ewoks and Chewie (who did well of course).

TL/DR - what are top guilds and spenders doing to keep from getting bored stiff?? Genuinely curious because I am about ready to just let my kids take over. They play too and are only down in the 50's level and would Love by roster to play with.

Replies

• Interesting.

Wow... People really have all the toons on level 80 with maxed out gear!

I'm mostly f2p and have 69 characters. Most of them are gear 6 or 7 and 4 stars. It's fun building it all without just paying for it.

I'm around 1300 in Arena and can't even participate in raid cos im still trying to get some 7 star toons.

My fun in this game is collecting the shards over time and finally getting a new toon. Then using that toon and learning all their cool differences.

Keeps it interesting. :-)
  • I think that sums up many people's feelings tbh
  • ModeratusImperialis
    353 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I've spent a good deal. Not enough to basically have nothing to do but enough that I don't have too much to do because I don't plan on getting every single toon to 7* with the highest gear.

Currently just building towards the optimum phase 1 and 2 Rancor team and getting ready for the Scoundrel event. That'll take me a while. But basically it is about slow building the toons I've got and hoarding in case something new comes around (like Scoundrel event now).

Game does need something new. The excitement of the Rancor raid has died down. At least for those of us lucky enough to be in guilds capable of slamming him down like there is no tomorrrow.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    I've spent a good deal. Not enough to basically have nothing to do but enough that I don't have too much to do because I don't plan on getting every single toon to 7* with the highest gear.

Currently just building towards the optimum phase 1 and 2 Rancor team and getting ready for the Scoundrel event. That'll take me a while. But basically it is about slow building the toons I've got and hoarding in case something new comes around (like Scoundrel event now).

Game does need something new. The excitement of the Rancor raid has died down. At least for those of us lucky enough to be in guilds capable of slamming him down like there is no tomorrrow.

^^^This. I would clarify that the game needs to contents such as test arenas, guild wars, etc. It does NOT need more of a grind such as raising the cap.
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    Bring on the ships or something totally new. The holo tables have been there from day 1! Fix the bugs and bring new content.
  • I think new content should be priority and would be nice within the next two months. I don't mean just events either, which are great, but actual content like a new raid or ships or guild wars. When rancor came out it was awesome, made a lot of characters relevant who were forgotten, I'd like to see something along those lines personally
  • While waiting for new content, this might be something fun for them to try...

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/49602/the-five-five-five-five-fives-challenge
  • Smite
    259 posts Member
    ASD_Dad wrote: »
    See title. If you're a top guild, say top 20 on the leaderboard and/or you're a whale/kraken - what are you all doing for fun these days?...

What is a whale/kraken?
  • I run a top 10 guild well 2 actually... We help other guilds finish Heroic Raids. Message me on line app my id on there is LeBobcat we can help u do Heroic no matter what Tier your currently on...