Arena animations too long

Prev1
Timitock
2844 posts Member
So I just finished a battle where timer ran out while my last hit was being swung. Result-Draw. If the animations were faster, this would not be a problem. OB1 and Yoda in particular have very slow animations.

When protection was added, and damages lowered, it increased the average time of battles. No parallel change was made to the arena timer.

This needs some tuning, or everyone will run their highest hp toons, knowing that there is not enough time to kill them. This is already trending.

I should not have to auto pvp just to have a clear result.

Replies

• ogFail
    76 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Once I get to the opponent down to their last toon I just hit auto...had that happen to me once and ever since then I started doing it
  • Timitock what was the lineup you were facing?
  • ogFail wrote: »
    Once I get to the opponent down to their last toon I just hit auto...had that happen to me once and ever since then I started doing it

I often hit "auto" when I get it Down to 5-3
  • LessQQ_MorePewPew
    157 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Timitock wrote: »
    When protection was added, and damages lowered, it increased the average time of battles. No parallel change was made to the arena timer.

If I recall correctly, they actually did make some animations faster with that update. Before that, GW was noticeably faster than everything else. Shortly after the update they made arena animations the same speed as GW. I think they might have also increased GW speed even further with the same update though, so they probably still seem the same in relation to each other.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    I was facing Ben(L), STHan, Rey, Lumi, QGJ

I was 5 vs his Ben.

Yoda was in the process of hitting him 3 times when the clock hit zero, so when Ben died, I should have won, but lost instead.

The animations for BM and MT in particular are very slow.
  • Timitock wrote: »

If I recall correctly, they actually did make some animations faster with that update. Before that, GW was noticeably faster than everything else. Shortly after the update they made arena animations the same speed as GW. I think they might have also increased GW speed even further with the same update though, so they probably still seem the same in relation to each other.

I think you are right. I swore I remember them speeding up all animations from GW to arena to auto shortly after the protection update.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Yes, the overall auto speed is not my issue.

Certain abilities simply take way longer to animate unnecessarily. Imagine if Rey's triple hit too a full second to wind up before hitting...

Yoda's basic attack takes over 2 seconds
    Yes, the overall auto speed is not my issue.

Certain abilities simply take way longer to animate unnecessarily. Imagine if Rey's triple hit too a full second to wind up before hitting...

Yoda's basic attack takes over 2 seconds

The update in which they sped up the manual animations: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/28767/game-update-4-15-2016#latest

Anyways, I get what you are saying. It almost puts Yoda at a disadvantage since his animations take longer than others. Also, I'm curious what team you were facing that forced your arena timer to run out.
    Certain abilities simply take way longer to animate unnecessarily...Yoda's basic attack takes over 2 seconds

I agree that this is a legitimate issue. I like the more elaborate animations but they can actually put you at a disadvantage in arena.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    I already listed it.
    I run Old Ben, and it happens often vs other Old Ben leads.

I also often encounter teams that consist of pretty much all of the highest HP characters.
  • KamikazeRhombus
    1412 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I already listed it.
    I run Old Ben, and it happens often vs other Old Ben leads.

I also often encounter teams that consist of pretty much all of the highest HP characters.

Sorry my bad. Didn't see that post at first. I can see how that can happen when those two teams clash.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    But really, my issue is that Yoda left the ground swinging with over a second on the clock.

He killed his target.

But I got a draw, nonetheless...
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Yoda and OB both extend the battle. OB in particular with his special ideally neuters the opponent for a round. It's a solid strategy and while frustrating, probably isn't going to change.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    My issue is certainly that we could use a 6 minute timer, no doubt...

But more specifically, if a character is allowed to begin an animation, the damage it deals should count, even if the timer ran out after it started.

But more specifically, if a character is allowed to begin an animation, the damage it deals should count, even if the timer ran out after it started.

I'm not for a longer timer but yeah your damage should have counted
  • How does the game not recognize that the person you're fighting only has 1 character left to your five? Stupid
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Twiztid8 wrote: »
    How does the game not recognize that the person you're fighting only has 1 character left to your five? ****

Its not sentient, and it doesnt matter anyways?

Someone puts tanks with tons of HP in for his last battle,huh? :)
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member

Someone puts tanks with tons of HP in for his last battle,huh? :)

And this trend will continue...

30k hp x 5 toons = 150k hp total, before any heals or a health boost lead.

If your team cannot put out 30k damage per minute, it will be impossible to win.

No wonder they didnt nerf Rey...
  • Kill you enemies fast. And the auto button is your friend
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Kill you enemies fast. And the auto button is your friend

Auto is far from my friend...

Why would you say that the notoriouly horrible AI is my friend?

It can't even leave a target locked properly, much less make reasonable targeting and specials choices...

As for killing my opponent faster, I did not create the Evasion meta, I just have to live in it.
    If Ben and Yoda and Ahsoka took less time to make their attacks, I would be able to kill quicker, that is my point. No animation should take longer than any other, or it turns into a nerf by proxy.

If your team cannot put out 30k damage per minute, it will be impossible to win.

In fairness, it's actually pretty easy for most arena teams to dish out a lot more than 30k per minute, on paper. Of course, if half your attacks don't even hit...
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member

In fairness, it's actually pretty easy for most arena teams to dish out a lot more than 30k per minute, on paper. Of course, if half your attacks don't even hit...

Kinda the point I was making...

Also, please consider the Jedi and Ewok synergy players. They have generally lower damage.
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Why have a timer at all
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    darkensoul wrote: »
    Why have a timer at all

To avoid locking first place indefinately?
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    darkensoul wrote: »
    Why have a timer at all

To avoid locking first place indefinately?

Yes I suppose. I think the whole thing should be looked at.
  • You should see B2s animation. Add that with 2 B2s in a battle with an opposing Ben lead. It almost takes auto from the beginning. B2 is slloooooooowwwwwwww
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    You should see B2s animation. Add that with 2 B2s in a battle with an opposing Ben lead. It almost takes auto from the beginning. B2 is slloooooooowwwwwwww

I have, and I agree, but it is no longer relevant.
    We are witnessing game cancer becoming fatal right now.
    Kill you enemies fast. And the auto button is your friend

Auto is far from my friend...

Why would you say that the notoriouly horrible AI is my friend?

It can't even leave a target locked properly, much less make reasonable targeting and specials choices...

Even when in Auto, you can click a designated target if wish.

• Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    After the speed was increased of animation it is doable. Only full tank/counter teams with old ben lead take ages. But you can just auto through that. And like Darthenstein mentions, you can switch target in auto.